Ideas For Money Raising

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

How about BAE do the decent thing and put some money back into the local clubs.

How about putting Flaming Balls in the stocks and charging £1 per wet sponge to throw at him.
You would probably raise enough money to pay for the floodlights in one night?

Or is it just me :D
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#22 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

How about putting Flaming Balls in the stocks and charging £1 per wet sponge to throw at him.

LOL Problem is it'd all come out of the directors pockets

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#23 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

How's that then? You being the chair of the supporters club have been very quiet on ideas, infact we hear nothing of the club that formed not so long ago.

#24 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Opened an account today at Furness building society i have put £2,000 in so that should make £20 a year for the club at 1%
the minimum amount to open an account is just £1

Bob, fantastic and I will follow your lead...thanks mate.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#25 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Iam glad you are following me i just wish others would the give high interest plus 1% free to the charity of there choice i chose the raiders

#26 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

can lottery funding not help? if not ive got a good idea for the craven park pitch which could make a couple of quid http://www.telegraph...ver-winter.html Just an idea.?

#27 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Heard on the bay radio today about a charity event where they are doing fire walking, you have to raise so much before you can do it.. A full night could be made of it, music, bbq, raffle, beer oh and fire walking.

I like this Fire walking idea. I think that could pull a decent crowd to, to watch and with all other things going on around it.

#28 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Too late for this year I know, but as a child the place that everyone headed for the firework display on 5th November was Craven Park, is there any reason why we can't do this now? It even falls in the closed season.

Anyone remember when the last one of these was? 15years ago?

#29 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Anyone remember when the last one of these was? 15years ago?

I Haven't a clue when the last one was. I looked into the possibility a couple of years ago with a view to doing it for the Development Fund but the health & safety (and cost) aspects make it impractical to be honest.
The Lions used to do this sort of thing, once over at Craven Park, and laterly at Holker Street and the fact that the Lions no longer bother doing it tells me all I need to know really. They are far more experienced at these things than I will ever be and if they don't see it as worthwhile then I would have to say that it is a non-starter.

Posted Image

#30 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

How about organising a 'Barrows got talent' contest. Get the players as judges. Hold it in the theatre or other suitable venue. Winners could even provide half time entertainment at Raiders matches throughout the season !!
Also, with xmas coming up, why not try a xmas dinner dance type thing. Again, get players involved, maybe as waiters like they did on the ladies night a few years back.
Maybe a bit short notice, but similar thing for halloween - a monsters ball if you like.

Edited by Oracle, 20 October 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#31 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Insane, but how about a £1000 elite club membership that entitles the holder to admission to every game at CP for a lifetime? Maybe targeted at companies, sponsors etc? 20 or 30 of those would make a big hole in the cost. Maybe even have the facility to allow the purchaser to spread the cost over a couple of years? Just a thought.

#32 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Could we not tap into schools as well, get kids backpacking for charity for us, then give them free tickets to games as reward - as long as they bring a paying adult.

#33 Doughty

Doughty
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Insane, but how about a £1000 elite club membership that entitles the holder to admission to every game at CP for a lifetime? Maybe targeted at companies, sponsors etc? 20 or 30 of those would make a big hole in the cost. Maybe even have the facility to allow the purchaser to spread the cost over a couple of years? Just a thought.

#34 Doughty

Doughty
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Funnily enough a few of us were discussing a £1000 'season ticket' in the pub the other night. Although we did discuss the potential of a 10 year ticket we talked flexibility where you could do 5 years for £500. Still a bit steep up front but the club get guaranteed money and you will save x amount of cash over the term.

#35 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Funnily enough a few of us were discussing a £1000 'season ticket' in the pub the other night. Although we did discuss the potential of a 10 year ticket we talked flexibility where you could do 5 years for £500. Still a bit steep up front but the club get guaranteed money and you will save x amount of cash over the term.

Good idea.

#36 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

I think this is a good idea, but we should also look at the smaller contributions. At home when we needed to save we had a jar for loose change, if we could encourage a large number of supporters to contribute their loose change in containers at places like the rugby shop, the ground, and local pubs, with a specially designed blue and white container, with something like "BARROW RAIDERS Change for the future", I think we need to get everybody involved.

#37 Uncle Underpants 2

Uncle Underpants 2
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

How about organising a 'Barrows got talent' contest. Get the players as judges. Hold it in the theatre or other suitable venue. Winners could even provide half time entertainment at Raiders matches throughout the season !!
Also, with xmas coming up, why not try a xmas dinner dance type thing. Again, get players involved, maybe as waiters like they did on the ladies night a few years back.
Maybe a bit short notice, but similar thing for halloween - a monsters ball if you like.

I believe that Plan of Attack, has agreed to shave his head as a fundraiser, and I think is a cracking idea.
I take my hat off to him, as I believe he will get plenty of sponsorship.
I keep tropical fish in my Underpants

#38 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

Please ignore the above post. This will NEVER happen no matter how much UU and his sad friends go on about it

#39 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 291 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

how about a raffle for the kids with the winner getting a replica kit/shirt and being the official mascot for the season, get the kids interested and the parents have to follow...

#40 houndpup

houndpup
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

have a comp of tag rugby ,each side av say nine players , dos nt matter if an all girl team or male , but each team allowed one barrow player , and as to be played in fancy dress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users