Ideas For Money Raising

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

have a comp of tag rugby ,each side av say nine players , dos nt matter if an all girl team or male , but each team allowed one barrow player , and as to be played in fancy dress

lets have womens 9's and they have to play in stockings and sussies.....we would fill the place :D

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#42 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

One of the ideas raised was to have collection jars located around the town in various pubs, clubs, businesses etc.
To help with this can anyone who has any clean jars drop 'em off at the Raiders Bar or the Rugby Shop and we can get this idea on the go right away.

Thanks and remember the futures a bit bluey grey at the moment but its getting blue n' white very soon :rolleyes:
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#43 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

lets have womens 9's and they have to play in stockings and sussies.....we would fill the place :D

Posted Image

#44 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Tremendous Lee !!!

Posted Image

#45 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

One of the ideas raised was to have collection jars located around the town in various pubs, clubs, businesses etc.
To help with this can anyone who has any clean jars drop 'em off at the Raiders Bar or the Rugby Shop and we can get this idea on the go right away.

Thanks and remember the futures a bit bluey grey at the moment but its getting blue n' white very soon :rolleyes:

bump

#46 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

how much you reckon killone is up for. dont know what overheads are but it would make a hellave club house . put the shop in their from scott st and hold dinners or sportsmans dinners, just a thought.

#47 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

how much you reckon killone is up for. dont know what overheads are but it would make a hellave club house . put the shop in their from scott st and hold dinners or sportsmans dinners, just a thought.

It would be brilliant if it could be done.
There won't be a queue of people to buy another club premises from Carlsberg and some of the costs could be offset with not having to pay the Scott St rent.
It might be worth just hanging fire and let the premises be empty for a few week story and getaway better deal from Carlsberg.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#48 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

I like this Fire walking idea. I think that could pull a decent crowd to, to watch and with all other things going on around it.

I have been looking into this and there are several bespoke companies that do this type of thing. It can be done anywhere with no harmful effects to the surrounding area as they lay ground protection down, so it could be done on the CP pitch, don't know what Dick would make of it though!

The biggest problem is the cost, the minimum price I could find was £1500. So you would need at least 15 people with a £100 sponsorship before you start to make any money. Thats not counting beer sales, BBQ, raffle and bandages etc.

I think we would have to appeal to not just Raiders fans but the general public as well as a greater catchment area, the more the merrier.
Timing could be a problem as well, is it too close to Christmas or is after Christmas too soon bearing in mind how expensive this time of year is?
All this will need to be discussed and agreed before we commit ourselves and we will need volunteers to help out.

#49 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Need to gauge interest and of course the sponsor goes to the wider public. You get how ever many they can do in a night or however many you can get to do it tell each person what they must collect minimum each then let them get the donators in.

#50 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Get a photographer to take pictures then frame them and charge accordingly. I know if I did it I would want a picture of it but then again I'm not that daft!...lol

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#51 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

I think the wider public would be interested in this, as its not something that happens every day... If its advertised right I think this could be a big puller. People would easily get £100 sponsorship.. a night in March or April would be good as Christmas is well over and season tickets will also have been bought.
The whole night could be used for a bbq and music as well as the usual money raising stuff.
I will put my name down for doing it.

#52 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Who wants to sponsor me if it goes ahead??? The early bird and all that! ! Haha

#53 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Get a photographer to take pictures then frame them and charge accordingly. I know if I did it I would want a picture of it but then again I'm not that daft!...lol

I think the cost might even include a proper photographer, I'll check and if not get me box browny out :)

#54 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

I think the wider public would be interested in this, as its not something that happens every day... If its advertised right I think this could be a big puller. People would easily get £100 sponsorship.. a night in March or April would be good as Christmas is well over and season tickets will also have been bought.
The whole night could be used for a bbq and music as well as the usual money raising stuff.
I will put my name down for doing it.

I totally agree, I thought fund raising was all about the wider public and not just the fans.

Edited by Flaming balls, 07 November 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#55 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Without the wider public with regard to the floodlights we a screwed IMHO

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#56 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

Without the wider public with regard to the floodlights we a screwed IMHO

You totally right mate. Fund raising does not have to stay within them four walls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users