Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Former Super League starlets join Thunder for 2013

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 THUNDERNEWS

THUNDERNEWS
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Gateshead Thunder are proud to announce the signing of former Hull FC first team player Lewis Brown and former Hull KR playmaker Benn Hardcastle for the 2013 season.

Happy at both stand-off or loose forward, Brown's impressive 2011 season with the Hull FC under-18s and under-20s was rewarded with a full-time contract at the Black and Whites for 2012 season.

Head Coach Kevin Neighbour said of the signing:

"I have spoken to Lee Radford a number of times about Lewis, and having met him and his family and seen him play several times; I am delighted that he has agreed to sign for 2013."

"He has a skill set that will serve him well in Championship 1 next season as he is equally suited to being a ball carrier or playmaker."

Brown said:

"I feel that I have a point to prove and I can feel I can do this with Gateshead Thunder by the way that the club has set itself for the future."

"I believe in what Kevin and the club is trying to do and it is an exciting time to be part of both this competition and Thunder."

"I'm looking forward to the season ahead, meeting my new team mates and the fans."

Neighbour started his 2013 signing spree with the capture of the high rated halfback Benn Hardcastle.

The former Hull KR, Sheffield and York pivot has just come back from a knee reconstruction which he has been testing at his home club Hull Dockers.

After several weeks of discussion, Neighbour was delighted when he got the call from Benn to say he would sign for Gateshead Thunder.

Kevin said of his first new signing of 2013:

"Benn has played at the highest level and understands what it takes to be a professional."

"Our physios put Benn through his paces and he is physically fit and cannot wait to play for us".

Hardcastle said of becoming Thunder's first major signing for 2013:

"I'm delighted to join a team that I have kept an eye for from afar. I have a few friends that have played at Gateshead and I was up to watch at the end of the season."

"Gateshead is a fighting club that has survived some tough financial and playing times and come in for some criticism, but going forward I believe in what Kevin and the Club want to do."

"Nobody knows what 2013 holds and I for one believe in Thunder being a team that will turn heads once again."

Benn will complete the season with Hull Dockers and will come into pre-season match fit and raring to go.
GATESHEAD THUNDER
www.ThunderRugby.com

2011 The Co-operative Championships Community Programme of the Year
2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup Quarter Finalists
2008 The Co-operative National League 2 Champions

TWITTER - @ThunderRugby
EMAIL - info@ThunderRugby.com

#2 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

Good luck to the Thunder for next season. CC1 is going to be interesting as the Crusaders, Skolars, Thunder as well as Oldham and Rochdale are all in the mix with many strengthening like the Thunder and who knows what surprises there will be from the three new clubs.

#3 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,548 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

How can you describe these as former SL starlets if they've never played in SL?!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users