"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#2 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Apparently had a very good season for Fev Reserves.

By no means a major coup but gives us some much needed cover in the halves, something we didn't have. Especially with Whitmore sounding more of a utility player rather than an out and out half back. Got a feeling Whimore will be covering the halves, hooker and loose forward.

No point in spending big money on someone who in essence is back up. Similar to Henderson and Palfrey really but with a bit more experience at this level.

Squad is coming on nicely with a bit of depth now.

#3 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Can't see what Hemmingway will offer tbh. Had more clubs than Tiger Woods. Wasn't he at Workington last season? When did he actually last play Championship rugby? During his 3 wk stint at Leigh? How long ago?

#4 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hmmmm, I'm actually suprised at this signing.
SIGNATURE

#5 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Wasn't he at Workington last season?

No, he was at Whitehaven towards the end of last season...... and wasn't exactly impressive on the 2 games they had televised......
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#6 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

I can't see any harm in this signing whatsoever, and thinking in rational mode it seems like a wise move. We literally don't have any experienced halfback cover apart from a young kid who Kear obviously is viewing as a 'project' signing. Hemingway won't be a first choice for us, but will be a squad player to bring in at short notice if Black or Moore suffer injuries. If called upon, he'll do a competent if not spectacular job. Exactly who do fans expect us to sign as halfback cover, with a limited budget and no reserve team? I'm the first to admit that Hemingway isn't a superb player, but no top quality halfback at this level would be willing to sit on the sidelines for the best part of a season. Furthermore, he was basically Liam Finn's understudy at Fev for two years, so should be good enough to fulfil a similar role with ourselves.
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#7 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

Must admit I don't agree with you very often Harold, but you have got this spot on. Is an experienced half back who, presumably, has come under no illusions as to what his role will be and also not on mega bucks.

#8 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

If he stays fit he's quite a useful player and got a bit of speed

#9 bazbulldog

bazbulldog
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

another advantage with Hemingway is that he is an excellent goal kicker,we don't have another goal kicker if Gareth is injured so on that basis alone
he is a good signing.

#10 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

TBF I were 'suprised' with the Keegan Hirst signing, andlook how that turned out!
SIGNATURE

#11 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

TBF I were 'suprised' with the Keegan Hirst signing, and look how that turned out!
SIGNATURE

#12 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

TBF I was 'suprised' with the Keegan Hirst signing, and look how that turned out!
SIGNATURE

#13 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

TBF I was 'suprised' with the Keegan Hirst signing, and look how that turned out!
SIGNATURE

#14 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Ok Andy we get the message!
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#15 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Maybe not a massive name,like said above but good backup to have,more than we had last season,might prove to be an inspired signing,good kicker. not a bad lad to have around the squad

#16 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

another advantage with Hemingway is that he is an excellent goal kicker,we don't have another goal kicker if Gareth is injured so on that basis alone
he is a good signing.

Both George Flannagan & Paul Mennel can kick goals.

Edited by Rab C, 10 October 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#17 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Ok Andy we get the message!

God knows what happened there! Haha
SIGNATURE

#18 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

i like Tom. think he's a good player. lacked fitness when he came to us, then a long term injury didn't help. if he's back to full fitness i think you've got a good'n.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#19 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Sounds good then. I'm sure he'll get a chance to show what he's capable of.

Edited by M Hopkins, 11 October 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#20 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Wasn't he with us before on dual reg or summat? I seem to remember him kicking a goal from the touch line to beat dewsbury. Or is my brain going the way of GOR's?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users