Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Stadium development/terracing (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Glad to hear that Glen was helping out with painting the gym walls today,getting ready for the new floor for the gym to be put in tomorrow.Does anyone know when the work will start on the terracing behind the posts? Things are starting to look good on and off the pitch.

#2 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Terracing will start when the builder manages to unravel all the Kirklees Red tape. He has now been told that we need Architects Drawings - for a Terrace!

However. we are now all experts in Radial Gangways, Tread Depths, Maximum Pitch, Sightlines, S& P factors, Exit Routes, Emergency Lighting
and the Green Guide is essential bed-time reading.

At the current rate of progress it may be started by June but I can't say in which year.

Also it is interesting to note that although the expert calculations indicate that when finished it could hold 996 persons, as it is not covered it will not add to the
official Ground Capacity. The official reason is that the Fans will migrate to the covered Stands in bad weather!

#3 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

Deleted.

Edited by Ramite, 10 October 2012 - 12:00 PM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,226 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

See WR, you don't know what you're doing!

Why don't you just ask on this forum for expert advice first?

:rolleyes:
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

The Building Work has not gone anywhere. If you read the post I thought that I had explained this.

Andyram asked for a progress report and we are still at the Paperwork Stage/ Red Tape Stage.

There are Drawings, Specifications, H&S Policies, Environmental Policies, Risk Assessments etc etc but now we have been
told that the drawings need to be redone by an Architect.

The drawings and all other info were submitted weeks ago and have initial approval.

We do not need to tend for Contractors as this is money raised by individuals and is not funded by the club.

Perhaps we should have asked for you professional advice and financial support before we wasted so much of our spare time.

The builder is based locally and works regularly with Local Authorities.

#6 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

I can just envisage WR pulling his hair out as he goes through his rant, but it is important that the i's are dotted and the t's crossed before the club goes ahead. Otherwise what happens if somebody trips and falls on the steps once they are in place and we are again allowed to 'migrate' behind the posts? Say some fat useless waster from North Cheshire for example.

Sorry, being cynical again.

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Terracing will start when the builder manages to unravel all the Kirklees Red tape. He has now been told that we need Architects Drawings - for a Terrace!

However. we are now all experts in Radial Gangways, Tread Depths, Maximum Pitch, Sightlines, S& P factors, Exit Routes, Emergency Lighting

At the current rate of progress it may be started by June but I can't say in which year.

Also it is interesting to note that although the expert calculations indicate that when finished it could hold 996 persons, as it is not covered it will not add to the
official Ground Capacity. The official reason is that the Fans will migrate to the covered Stands in bad weather!

If this is the case then Bradford Bulls will only have the seating stand open at odsal on allticket games and also take them to below the superleague ground capacity for the next licences?

#8 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

If this is the case then Bradford Bulls will only have the seating stand open at odsal on allticket games and also take them to below the superleague ground capacity for the next licences?

Good point!

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#9 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

WR BSJ I'm not trying to be an expert nor do I pretend to be. My post was asking a question and looking back written the wrong way.No slight intended on your work done with this.To be fair your second post explains things more clearly than the first. Will engage brain in future.

Edited by Ramite, 10 October 2012 - 12:17 PM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#10 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

First of all, congratulations to Wilsden Ram for rolling up his sleeves and getting stuck into the Green Guide. It appears you're not going to have any vomitaries though, which is a pity. They're good fun.
I think Ramite has a point. The "traditional" route would be to sort out drawings, specifications and the like first and then use these to obtain competitative tenders. Whoever's paying for the terrace is then reasonably sure they're getting the best price.

You can ask for my professional advice anytime you like.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#11 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Not if we are still employing the same stewards they won't. B)

#12 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Different Councils interpret the regs in different manners. Kirklees just seem to be the most pedantic. I have often wondered how Fev get away with not having any crush barriers at all on the standing section?

#13 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for the update on the terracing,shame about the delay,but at least we know people behind the scenes are doing there best in making improvements at the club,stay positive and this will be done in the future.

#14 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

There is no need to tender for the work to be done on two points , the most important being that im sure TCT constrction will do a marvellous job .

#15 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

How you procure your contracts is, of course, none of my business GFDU. I was only suggesting a method of ensuring you obtain the best price for the job.
What was your second point, as a matter of interest?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#16 alienboy

alienboy
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

How you procure your contracts is, of course, none of my business GFDU. I was only suggesting a method of ensuring you obtain the best price for the job.
What was your second point, as a matter of interest?

TCT "built" the stadium. A list of problems as long as your arm (and then some). Having a step into the South Stand disabled toilets probably sums it up the best. (Although the £100k it cost the club to re do the pitch runs it close).

#17 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,226 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

TCT "built" the stadium. A list of problems as long as your arm (and then some). Having a step into the South Stand disabled toilets probably sums it up the best. (Although the £100k it cost the club to re do the pitch runs it close).

Wasn't that Duncan Developments?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#18 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Wasn't that Duncan Developments?

No they were the Local Housebuilder who acted as front men for a much larger company to keep the land price low.

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#19 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Having been involved in tenders, it is absolutely no guarantee of anything other than that one company looks better than another. Cheaper is not better. Wish fans would stop criticising and picking at those who actually do take some action.

#20 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

Says in The Press today that work on the terrace would be starting on Monday,has anything change all of a sudden?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users