Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Stadium development/terracing (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for the latest update,really important that we are rally round when the announcement about the fundraising is announced and support it the best we can.The more improvements around the ground the better.

#42 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

As much as the members based running of the club ultimately turned into disaster, a club run under strict financial rules but with a community orientated approach seems like the recipe for success. The club nudges new projects forward with some capital and the community follows on with enthusiasm.

An excellent model.

#43 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Don't think most of the people involved so far would make it to Leeds never mind Leigh!

I have discussed this with MS and he has suggested a sponsored walk to Batley - provided we can spread it over 2 days.

#44 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,476 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

The hole was dug some weeks ago to locate a problem with a leaking water pipe.

Really? Someone told me it was caused by Jack Addy dropping 50 down a crack.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#45 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Really? Someone told me it was caused by Jack Addy dropping 50 down a crack.

:lol: :lol: and copper wire was invented by Jack and my father in law argueing over a penny. :o

#46 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Don't think most of the people involved so far would make it to Leeds never mind Leigh!

I have discussed this with MS and he has suggested a sponsored walk to Batley - provided we can spread it over 2 days.

:lol:

#47 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

You Will need more then two days to get everyone out of the Union Rooms on your way to Batley !!! Didn't some people walk to Featherstone's ground a few years ago for fundraising for the cheerleaders ? I would be up for something similar for the ground improvements fund,if we could get enough people to do it.

Edited by andyram, 06 November 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#48 southstander-K

southstander-K
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

we actually walk every year to raise money for the project fund which is there to supply things for the club, to date we paid for the equipment in both gyms, unfortunately there were only six people willing to do it last time

#49 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

we actually walk every year to raise money for the project fund which is there to supply things for the club, to date we paid for the equipment in both gyms, unfortunately there were only six people willing to do it last time

That's great what you are doing for the club,if your doing the walk again next year i would give it a go,hopefully more details of this can be made to more people in the club programme or during half time of a game,in the local newspaper.What i'm saying the more people know about these kinds of fundraising for the club,more people might what to do it or support it by giving money.

#50 southstander-K

southstander-K
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

the club never seem to advertise it even though we do it every year we try and let people know , now i am back on here might be better

#51 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

I will make sure that any fundraising events are promoted on here, on Twitter, on Facebook, on the official website and in both local papers.

My email address is coatestf@gmail.com

#52 southstander-K

southstander-K
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

thank you

#53 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Click here to check out the latest e-release from Dewsbury Rams.

Like the news on Facebook

Retweet it on Twitter

#54 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Can anybody post a photo of the developing terrace? Thanks
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#55 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

It's just the path around the egde behind the boards thats finished sofar. The terrace steps are yet to be started.

#56 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

We are now having a meeting with the builder and the architect tomorrow as the OK to start has not been granted.

After everything had been submitted, we have had to redesign the terrace as the width of the steps needs to be
changed to meet new recommendations.

Yet more delay and more cost!

#57 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

We are now having a meeting with the builder and the architect tomorrow as the OK to start has not been granted.

After everything had been submitted, we have had to redesign the terrace as the width of the steps needs to be
changed to meet new recommendations.

Yet more delay and more cost!

Is there a good chance of having some terraces behind the posts before our first home game in front of the cameras on February 10 ? If not can the work still be done while the season is underway and be allowed to be used when finished sometime this season.

Edited by andyram, 27 November 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#58 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

A further update will be posted later today.

#59 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Called round today and took this quick snap of the work on the terracing

Posted Image

#60 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:50 PM