RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leeds confirm that Headingley is an old tip

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

What many of you have been saying for years.

http://www.therhinos.../news/20544.php

#2 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

At least they don't have to have it ready for the beginning of the new season, as Leeds don't start playing until the Play Offs.

#3 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

At least they don't have to have it ready for the beginning of the new season, as Leeds don't start playing until the Play Offs.

Bdum tschhh.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#4 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Where are the all important RU yeam playing whilst all this is going on?

#5 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

What many of you have been saying for years.

http://www.therhinos.../news/20544.php

Presumably the facelift doesn't include sticking a roof over the away fans heads?

#6 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Never mind the pitch, when are they giving away fans an end with some cover from the elements?
Beat me to it ;)

Edited by Roy Boy, 10 October 2012 - 06:40 PM.

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#7 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,148 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Will somebody please think of the away fans!
Posted Image

#8 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

Presumably the facelift doesn't include sticking a roof over the away fans heads?

Didn't realise segregation had been implemented... ;)

#9 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

get a ticket for the north stand and sit down with a roof over your head. all visiting clubs have an option to sell tickets for that section of the ground .

not only can you keep your flowing locks dry but you can sit down and take that chip off your shoulder as well.

come on visit the home of the champions
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#10 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

A copybook lesson in turdpolishing.

Edited by Manx RL, 11 October 2012 - 09:08 PM.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#11 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Leeds can not put a roof on the Western Terrace,has been stated many times before.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#12 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,617 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Leeds can not put a roof on the Western Terrace,has been stated many times before.

Yes, and has also been said many times before, they should lock the gates, throw the key away and start again from scratch instead of trying to turn Headingley into something it can never be, a decent modern stadium.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending to be hurt, rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they haven't been hurt.

#13 JackBauer

JackBauer
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

get a ticket for the north stand and sit down with a roof over your head. all visiting clubs have an option to sell tickets for that section of the ground .

not only can you keep your flowing locks dry but you can sit down and take that chip off your shoulder as well.

come on visit the home of the champions

And replace it with a chip off your knee thanks to the totally inadequate legroom?

#14 M j M

M j M
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Yes, and has also been said many times before, they should lock the gates, throw the key away and start again from scratch instead of trying to turn Headingley into something it can never be, a decent modern stadium.

To throw away the most important and historic stadium in our sport for no good reason, ripping the heart out of the Leeds club, would make no sense whatsoever. Moreover, the stadium is perfectly servicable as it is - and certainly of a much higher standard than pretty much any of the other older stadia in RL.

#15 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

And replace it with a chip off your knee thanks to the totally inadequate legroom?

I'm over 6 feet tall and there's enough legroom for me

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#16 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Will the new surface be grass or artificial

#17 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Will the new surface be grass or artificial

Both! ;)
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#18 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Well they are going to have a damn good try :) ,but the university hall of residence Boddington hall is closing this year and that has been mentioned before as a site.Seriously though the club cant afford a new ground even if they wanted to.FA prem clubs cant afford new grounds either.Headingley is ok and will be fine when they get a new south and north stands,the corporate section are second to none
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#19 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,617 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

To throw away the most important and historic stadium in our sport for no good reason, ripping the heart out of the Leeds club, would make no sense whatsoever. Moreover, the stadium is perfectly servicable as it is - and certainly of a much higher standard than pretty much any of the other older stadia in RL.

Being the least $h!tty of all the $h!tty stadia is hardly a great claim to fame, its an absolutely awful ground and should be consigned to history.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending to be hurt, rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they haven't been hurt.

#20 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,122 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Being the least $h!tty of all the $h!tty stadia is hardly a great claim to fame, its an absolutely awful ground and should be consigned to history.

That'll only happen if the directors fall out, over spend and sell to tescos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users