Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leeds confirm that Headingley is an old tip

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,942 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

That'll only happen if the directors fall out, over spend and sell to tescos

Which directors where did that?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#22 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Robinson and rathbone.

#23 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,942 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Robinson and rathbone.

Robinson and Rathbone didn't fall out.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#24 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Robinson and Rathbone didn't fall out.

Thomas, Martin, Robinson and rathbone couldn't agree !!

Surely that's a fall out

#25 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,942 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Thomas, Martin, Robinson and rathbone couldn't agree !!

Surely that's a fall out

Couldn't agree about what? and since when has disagreeing been falling out?

#26 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Yes, and has also been said many times before, they should lock the gates, throw the key away and start again from scratch instead of trying to turn Headingley into something it can never be, a decent modern stadium.

Rich coming from a wigan supporter,a team that sold there tip of a ground to tesco because they were skint and jumped into bed with a football club. Laughable.

#27 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

Couldn't agree about what? and since when has disagreeing been falling out?

What was best for the club!!!

Disagreeing / fall out = terminology of words......All 4 boardmembers couldn't agree...... so fans decided to vandalise 2 of the directors homes.

#28 M j M

M j M
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

its an absolutely awful ground and should be consigned to history.

Genuinely laughable comment. Have you ever been in the real revenue-generating parts of the ground?

#29 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Genuinely laughable comment. Have you ever been in the real revenue-generating parts of the ground?

It has been said that Leeds make more from corporate hospitality in one game than most make in a season.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#30 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,589 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

What was best for the club!!!

Disagreeing / fall out = terminology of words......All 4 boardmembers couldn't agree...... so fans decided to vandalise 2 of the directors homes.

I disagree. Does that mean we've fallen out?
Posted Image

#31 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

I disagree. Does that mean we've fallen out?

Yes, I've fallen out with you.... But I'm sure we can work things out.

#32 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,942 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Yes I have thank you.

#33 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Yes I have thank you.

But I thought away fans were not allowed to leave the Western Terrace!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#34 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

As usual on here,people are clueless as to the difference between Leeds Rugby and Headingley Experience - Headingley Experience,turns over and makes more profit,than all but two SL Clubs do in their entirity.Ignorance is bliss for most of you.

#35 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

But I thought away fans were not allowed to leave the Western Terrace!

well you thought wrong if the tickets are for the western terrace can they not go to another part of the ground to view the game although of course they can walk behind the north stand to the bars ,club shop or to the ticket window to get an upgrade to seats .
away clubs sell tickets for the western terrace and also the north stand section close to the western terrace but many is the time i have seen away fans stood in the south stand with no problems at all in fact at times its a bit to overcrowded with bradford or wakey to be honest but hey who cares.. have you never noticed the amount of leeds fans who stand on the western terrace which would seem to disprove that its only for away fans.
if you want tickets for the carnigie stand book them from the leeds club .
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#36 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

well you thought wrong if the tickets

I know, it was a joke.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#37 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

As usual on here,people are clueless as to the difference between Leeds Rugby and Headingley Experience - Headingley Experience,turns over and makes more profit,than all but two SL Clubs do in their entirity.Ignorance is bliss for most of you.

That's a relief, it doubtless will keep me cheery stood getting ###### wet through when next watching SL at Headingley! :(
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#38 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

I have to admit,I would have thought that there must be an archetectural solution to the Western End,particularly bearing in mind,what Yorks CCC got away with,with their new Pavillion.The issue,is the houses behind the Western End,but I would have thought a relatively low rear to any Stand,with the roof then slanting upwards towards the pitch,must be possible,if not in keeping with the Carnegie Stand.A good environmental architect could even devise some sort of 'green' roof - nowadays,the roof could effectively appear as a green meadow,with flowers!

#39 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

That's a relief, it doubtless will keep me cheery stood getting ###### wet through when next watching SL at Headingley! :(

Stand somewhere else then

#40 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Where are the all important RU yeam playing whilst all this is going on?

Posted Image

Headingley at the end of the Union season, taken the same year the new stand was built.

Edited by Marauder, 18 October 2012 - 10:16 AM.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users