challenge cup draw

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

I may be there. It makes the thing a roughly 260 mile round trip, but on the other hand, I've got nowt else to do on Saturday!

Well, if you do turn up do come and say hello - I'll be the rotund, beardy one wielding a clipboard.

If anyone's interested, there's a preview/press release on the Sonics site here>>
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#42 brooza

brooza
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Well, if you do turn up do come and say hello - I'll be the rotund, beardy one wielding a clipboard.

If anyone's interested, there's a preview/press release on the Sonics site here>>

I'll be the beardy one in the hat and the St Albans top
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#43 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Eccles only played 7 first team regulars against Dudley Hill last week, but we will be competitive. Hopefully we should have some players back this week, but we have 7 in Australia. I will be there, and I will also be the one with the clip board but no beard! Not bothering going to bed after working the Friday night shift.

#44 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

PS Eccles have played Bristol Sonics before in the York Nines. Don't have my stats with me but Eccles won.

#45 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

PS Eccles have played Bristol Sonics before in the York Nines. Don't have my stats with me but Eccles won.

I'd forgotten about that. It might have been the on eYork 9s trip I missed.

We have one former Eccles player involved with the club, Stafford Lloyd, though he's done his knee badly so won't be playing at the weekend. He's very disappointed about this, as you can imagine.

Looking forward to making everyone from Eccles welcome. We're generally a friendly bunch.
www.bristolsonics.com

#46 brooza

brooza
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

I'll be the rotund, beardy one wielding a clipboard.

I'll be the beardy one in the hat and the St Albans top

I will also be the one with the clip board but no beard!

So, we've got beard with clipboard, beard with hat, no beard with clipboard. We just need no beard with hat and we've got the set!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#47 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

So, we've got beard with clipboard, beard with hat, no beard with clipboard. We just need no beard with hat and we've got the set!

I could also wear a hat if that's easier? I have very little hair these days (apart from on my face, obviously) so a hat is a distinct possibility of it's a bit chilly!

The clipboard is essential, mind, as I have to make notes for the match report!
www.bristolsonics.com

#48 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

I could also wear a hat if that's easier? I have very little hair these days (apart from on my face, obviously) so a hat is a distinct possibility of it's a bit chilly!

get with the times matt and get a dictaphone ... lot easier than writing down especially when the heavens open up

would have come down to watch but on nightshift sat night good luck to the sonics
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#49 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

I remember Stafford Lloyd very well.

#50 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Which pitch are you on? The one with the stand or the one miles from the bar ?

#51 FAZ

FAZ
  • Coach
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

We had the option and went for the shelf instead of the main pitch as it holds up better in the wet.

#52 brooza

brooza
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

Beard with hat will no longer be there. My Swindon plans have just fallen through and I can't justify the expense of driving all the way to Bristol for just one match.

I'm sure I'll see you guys again next season though. Best of luck today!

#53 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

We had the option and went for the shelf instead of the main pitch as it holds up better in the wet.

Plus, our record up there is quite good - we beat Hemel on the "shelf" after all.

Preview of the game with live interviews on BBC Radio Bristol's "Saturday Sport" show from 1pm :)
www.bristolsonics.com

#54 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Great game. Eccles deserved their win but fantastic effort from Bristol.

#55 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 676 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Great game. Eccles deserved their win but fantastic effort from Bristol.

What was score?

#56 FAZ

FAZ
  • Coach
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

36 24 to Eccles

#57 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Bristol played very well and were possibly better with ball in hand than Eccles but Eccles ran better lines. Certainly Bristol like to keep the ball alive and back each other up very well. Bristol shocked Eccles by taking a 12-4 lead but then Eccles scored 3 converted tries in 6 minutes from the 20th minute which, in the end, proved to be the difference. If Bristol had more possession in the first half I am sure the score would have been closer but an 2-8 penalty count against them in the first half stopped them having that possession. Nothing dirty in the game, just inexperience leading to the penalties. Eccles were much stronger in the forwards.

#58 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Eastmoor 34, Loughboroough Uni 22. Anyone got the other scores?

#59 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

Eastmoor 34, Loughboroough Uni 22. Anyone got the other scores?

Eastmoor Dragons 32 - 22 Loughborough University
Huddersfield Underbank Rangers 32 - 06 Heworth
Warrington Wizards 04 - 18 British Police

#60 shawy13

shawy13
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

Underbank beat Heworth 32-6
Police beat Wizards 18-4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users