Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Autumn Internationals Thread: England/Wales/France

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending? (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending?

1. France v Wales (Lens) (2 votes [2.41%])

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

2. Wales v England (Wrexham) (18 votes [21.69%])

Percentage of vote: 21.69%

3. England v France (Hull KR) (16 votes [19.28%])

Percentage of vote: 19.28%

4. The Final (Salford) (17 votes [20.48%])

Percentage of vote: 20.48%

5. Voted I am unable to attend any of the games (14 votes [16.87%])

Percentage of vote: 16.87%

6. I am not interested in attending any of the games (16 votes [19.28%])

Percentage of vote: 19.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

The 2012 Autumn International Series tournament schedule in full is as follows:

Saturday October 20 – France v Wales (Lens, ko tbc)

Saturday October 27 – Wales v England (Glyndwr University Racecourse Ground, Wrexham, 2.30)

Saturday November 3 – England v France (MS3 Craven Park, Hull, 2.30)

Sunday November 11 – Final (Salford City Stadium, 5.00)

Are you looking forward to it? Which games are you planning to attend?

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

Theres 2 of us going to England v France and 4 going to the final, can't wait

#3 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hoping to go to the final, though the 5pm kick off is a bit of a painl

#4 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'm going to the Wales-England game at Wrexham and the final at Salford.

Hopefully all the games will be competitive. I don't expect Wales to win any of them at this stage in their development, but I'm hoping that they will put in a good enough performance to encourage more support and to give England/France something to worry as that would be good from everybody's perspective.

#5 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Come on Wales Bring it on! Lets see what these Welsh born and bred youngsters are all about :angry:

#6 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

The two Scotland home matches...

#7 brooza

brooza
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

I should be at England v France as I'm up in Leeds that weekend anyway. Can't make it to Salford for 5 on Sunday (well, I can, it's just getting back that's the problem)

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

The two Scotland home matches...

Snap.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can make any of the England games, would love to have gone to Wrexham and Salford.

#9 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Am planning to take the kids along to the final but can't make any of the others.

#10 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

My ticket for Wales - England is nestling behind the clock on the living room mantlepiece.

#11 Grinner

Grinner
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

Should make one of the Scotland home games (more likely the Knights game), and the autumn series final (though as others have said 5pm Sunday is a right pain, especially when travelling back to Paisley...fortunately I have 4 days of holiday which need used soon...)

#12 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Live ten minutes from the UK's busiest ferry port, so bizarrely the Wales game in Lens is almost a home fixture.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#13 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

notice that both england matches are scheduled on a saturday afternoon 2 30pm ko. same time as amateur rugby league is played. that rules me out, and probably a whole host of other supporters whod love to attend but cant because of the scheduling.

and we wonder why crowds are minimal when certain supporters are unable to attend. shoot ourselves in the foot comes to mind!

#14 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'm trying to arrange a bit of a social event for my club and tying it in with the Final at Salford.

Can anyone suggest anywhere to have a pint or two near the ground? It seems like the stadium's in the middle of nowhere..

The RFL are doing cashback offers for amateur clubs like they do for the Grand Final. They are also doing an offer involving an England Fleece + ticket for a pretty good price, so if you're involved with any amateur clubs get onto the secretary etc to get onto Ray Tenant at the RFL Ray.Tennant@rfl.uk.com for more details.

#15 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

notice that both england matches are scheduled on a saturday afternoon 2 30pm ko. same time as amateur rugby league is played. that rules me out, and probably a whole host of other supporters whod love to attend but cant because of the scheduling.

and we wonder why crowds are minimal when certain supporters are unable to attend. shoot ourselves in the foot comes to mind!

Our last match is the day before the final, which is why we are aiming to go to the final, rather than the earlier games.

I think things are better than they were, with the RFL running the North West Leagues this year, there were no fixtures on Grand Final weekend at least. But I don't suppose they can rule out all Saturday's at this time of year when we have the Grand Final followed by internationals.

What they should do is not arrange fixtures in the leagues local to each fixture and actively encourage attendance from those clubs.

#16 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Our last match is the day before the final, which is why we are aiming to go to the final, rather than the earlier games.

I think things are better than they were, with the RFL running the North West Leagues this year, there were no fixtures on Grand Final weekend at least. But I don't suppose they can rule out all Saturday's at this time of year when we have the Grand Final followed by internationals.

What they should do is not arrange fixtures in the leagues local to each fixture and actively encourage attendance from those clubs.

north west mens league, yes no fixtures grand final day. ncl fixtures went ahead. fixtures for ncl playoffs, nwc and nwml are scheduled for the forth coming england fixtures. havent looked into other regional leagues, ie pennine, cumbrian and hull leagues.

#17 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm off to Scotland v Ireland and Ireland v England Knights, Not sure if I'll be able to make the second Scotland game.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#18 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

None. Tempted by the final but it's my mum's 65th birthday so I have to be there. As for the other games, why would I travel all the way from London to watch England play an international at Craven Park? No offence to HKR fans but that's not an international standard stadium.
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#19 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,142 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Heading up to Hull to watch the France game.. looking forward to it.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#20 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Would love to go to the final, but ...

If I drive, I can't have a drink, so I've checked the trains. What is going on? I'm being offered routes via Newton le Willows, buses between Huddersfield and Leeds, nothing that gets me back to Malton before 7:00am on the Monday. I might be working on the Monday - Supply Teachers can never be sure until close to the day. Why can't things be simpler? Looks like driving is the only option, but I'm not keen on the prospect.

I think I'll decide closer to the day.

PS. forgot to say "I blame the rfl." ;)

Edited by tonyXIII, 11 October 2012 - 06:08 PM.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users