League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Autumn Internationals Thread: England/Wales/France

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending? (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending?

1. France v Wales (Lens) (2 votes [2.41%])

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

2. Wales v England (Wrexham) (18 votes [21.69%])

Percentage of vote: 21.69%

3. England v France (Hull KR) (16 votes [19.28%])

Percentage of vote: 19.28%

4. The Final (Salford) (17 votes [20.48%])

Percentage of vote: 20.48%

5. Voted I am unable to attend any of the games (14 votes [16.87%])

Percentage of vote: 16.87%

6. I am not interested in attending any of the games (16 votes [19.28%])

Percentage of vote: 19.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 robsavo

robsavo
  • Coach
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Just been on the EnglandRL website to buy tickets for the final but its not advertised as far as i can see, anyone know where you go to buy them?

#82 robsavo

robsavo
  • Coach
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Found them now in the ticket section not fixture section doh....
Also the BBC fixtures dont have the final scheduled.....
http://news.bbc.co.u...res/6484651.stm

#83 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Just got back from France. Enjoyed the weekend. Good to see a few Welsh fans out there. Good game, decent stadium with a good view, beer good and shed loads of chips per portion. Can't complain. Wrexham's got a lot to live up to next weekend.

#84 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

You would if Rervers hadnt been promoted shortly before the cutoff

I wouldn't.

I watched the game with my Grandad and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the standard was high, Wales' defence was outstanding and France looked great in attack. I'm looking forward to Saturday's Wales/England game and then England versus France a week later at MS3 CP.

Just on the subject of those who oppose the international game on the basis that it 'isn't very good'. If people actively support it it will grow and become more worthwhile. Just a thought....

#85 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

I wouldn't.

I watched the game with my Grandad and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the standard was high, Wales' defence was outstanding and France looked great in attack. I'm looking forward to Saturday's Wales/England game and then England versus France a week later at MS3 CP.

Just on the subject of those who oppose the international game on the basis that it 'isn't very good'. If people actively support it it will grow and become more worthwhile. Just a thought....

The thing is - in terms of International sport it is actually very good (IMHO obviously).

International football and Northern Hemisphere Rugby Union can be very disappointing, yet the match the other day had some nice tries, nice bits of skill, and a bit of biff. This was from two teams who are not the best.

#86 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

The thing is - in terms of International sport it is actually very good (IMHO obviously).

International football and Northern Hemisphere Rugby Union can be very disappointing, yet the match the other day had some nice tries, nice bits of skill, and a bit of biff. This was from two teams who are not the best.

Absolutely. I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Can't wait for the next one!

#87 winnyason

winnyason
  • Coach
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

I think it important to be positive about Wales they have decent support, and potential unlike scots or Irish who cannot seem to get anyone to there games.

#88 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

I think it important to be positive about Wales they have decent support, and potential unlike scots or Irish who cannot seem to get anyone to there games.

Tbh neither Ireland or Scotland have played a major international (i.e. England, NZ or Australia) on home soil.

Adiitiomally they dont usually play with their strongest "available" squads until a world cup.

I'm convinced that Ireland would get easily over 10k for a home test against Ireland with their strongest squad picked

#89 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

I'm convinced that Ireland would get easily over 10k for a home test against Ireland with their strongest squad picked

Like to see that game.

I'd have a wedge on Ireland myself.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#90 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,588 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Let's be fair; Scotland and Ireland are far newer to the game than Wales.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#91 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

Memo to anyone going on Saturday - remember your thermals, particularly if you're in the Mold Road Stand which doesn't get any sun on it!

#92 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Just bought my tickets for the game in Wrexham. Using the seat choice thingy it looked as if we will have the whole of the Mold road Stand to ourselves.

Have I booked the "wrong" stand or is no one else going?

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#93 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'm going, but I'm going to be in the Yale Paddock.

#94 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Picked up on the French Federation website that they sold more tickets at Lens Saturday than they did in Perpignan for the Scotland game last year. Impressive.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#95 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 813 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Any figures for forward ticket sales for this weekend's Wales v Eng game?

#96 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

Picked up on the French Federation website that they sold more tickets at Lens Saturday than they did in Perpignan for the Scotland game last year. Impressive.

do you actually believe that Gordon ?

remember the 'milking' of speccy numbers at Toulouse etc etc

#97 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

do you actually believe that Gordon ?

remember the 'milking' of speccy numbers at Toulouse etc etc

Who else are we to believe?
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#98 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Just bought my tickets for the game in Wrexham. Using the seat choice thingy it looked as if we will have the whole of the Mold road Stand to ourselves.

Have I booked the "wrong" stand or is no one else going?

There are a few of us going in the Mold Road Stand, when I booked the tickets last week I think there were about 50 seats I couldn't choose from!
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#99 winnyason

winnyason
  • Coach
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

And it continues.......Elvis got is alive living with aliens.

#100 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,588 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

It's like the bad old days - haven't heard or read a single word about tomorrow's match in the mainstream media. :(

On the upside, the BBC will not only be showing the match live, but have scheduled a 1-hour highlights package on Sunday.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users