RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Autumn Internationals Thread: England/Wales/France

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending? (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Autumn Internationals will you be attending?

1. France v Wales (Lens) (2 votes [2.41%])

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

2. Wales v England (Wrexham) (18 votes [21.69%])

Percentage of vote: 21.69%

3. England v France (Hull KR) (16 votes [19.28%])

Percentage of vote: 19.28%

4. The Final (Salford) (17 votes [20.48%])

Percentage of vote: 20.48%

5. Voted I am unable to attend any of the games (14 votes [16.87%])

Percentage of vote: 16.87%

6. I am not interested in attending any of the games (16 votes [19.28%])

Percentage of vote: 19.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,526 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

It's like the bad old days - haven't heard or read a single word about tomorrow's match in the mainstream media. :(

On the upside, the BBC will not only be showing the match live, but have scheduled a 1-hour highlights package on Sunday.

It is very frustrating, but I wonder whether we need to focus on non-traditional media, as quite clearly we won't get much coverage in newspapers.

It would be interesting to see the amount of mentions etc. on Twitter. Facebook, Online sites etc. We have also had coverage on BBC this morning.

#102 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,154 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Unfortunately can't make this now.

Hope its a decent game and crowd.

#103 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

a shocking turn out must be all of 3000 :blink:

I look around
I search the skies
I shade my eyes
So nearly blind
And I see signs of half remembered days
I hear bells that chime in strange familiar ways
I recognise...
The hope you kindle in your eyes

#104 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,154 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

When Wales don't make lots of errors, they look decent.

#105 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,396 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

When Wales don't make lots of errors, they look decent.

Really? They look well-coached and are clearly playing their hearts out, but barely a handful are of the required quality, sadly.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#106 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,154 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

Really? They look well-coached and are clearly playing their hearts out, but barely a handful are of the required quality, sadly.

I didn't say world beaters mate. Plenty of heart but clearly outclassed.

#107 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

a shocking turn out must be all of 3000 :blink:

Thank god the choir stayed on or we would have been on our own.
What is it with rugby fans??

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#108 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,693 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

It's like the bad old days - haven't heard or read a single word about tomorrow's match in the mainstream media. :(

On the upside, the BBC will not only be showing the match live, but have scheduled a 1-hour highlights package on Sunday.

http://www.guardian....d-captain-wales
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#109 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Just had a look on the French forum and saw some feedback from the French Federation on how they perceived the Lens game.

Like all observers-Bollaert Stadium Saturday Deleris Philippe Dallongeville, the Executive Director of the FFR XIII, appreciated the behavior of the Blues, and the impact on the public and business partners of the event. Explanations ...
What is your assessment of the organization of the match France - Wales Lens?
"In sporting terms, with the victory, media-with the perspective on the event, and economically, this" first "in the north we fully satisfied."
You expect to attract nearly 12,000 fans at Stade Felix Bollaert?
"In any case we had hoped, with President Nicolas Larrat and members of the organizing committee.
Colleagues could not have formed their efforts, without the outstanding support of local professinal team RC Lens, . A big thank you to the volunteers of the league Ile de France who worked effectively, led by its President, Regis Osmont. And it is important to note that the gate receipts was much higher than that recorded last year in Perpignan France - Scotland. "
How many potential partners have made the trip to Lens with Jacques, President of the Club Thirteen of France?
"A promising start, with six officers or representatives of companies who took the train with us the morning of the match, in orser to discover the values ​​of our sport.All were delighted by what they saw, including the quality of the game and the dynamism of our players. Note the presence of a former leader of Coverland, who knew our sport to have been the main partner of Limoux XIII, the time when the late Hervé Guiraud's presidency. lot of fond memories, about our friend, were discussed with him. Laurent Also with Moreno, the current President of the club Limoux and Zalduendo Carlos, who had made the trip to Lens. "
The media impact has there been important?
"The local newspapers have extensively covered the event, the regional daily press usual also, Midol, and the newspaper L'Equipe. And many people who enjoyed the report television France 3 North. Course, I don't forget the quality Bein Sport live transmission. "
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#110 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Just think how good we will be with Rangi back next year, because he will be.

#111 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,393 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Super League club season ticket holders can get 2 for 1 tickets for the final.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#112 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,526 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Super League club season ticket holders can get 2 for 1 tickets for the final.

On the Wire site it states to use the following code War241 when booking tickets, so I assume this is a pretty public offer.

#113 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Also, ISC241 works as well

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#114 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Use the promo HULL 241 online before Thursday 5pm ,that will also get you two adults tickets for one,must be worried that its going to be a small attendance on Saturday.

#115 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

The discount was originally for Rovers pass holders to begin with I think. I was unaware of the promo code as the club, from what I can tell, didn't advertise it themselves. 2 tickets for £12 is awesome value; I'm dragging my brother along.

#116 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Just got two tickets for saturday. I expected to pay 24 quid and was suprised when i got them for 12 pound total! Looking forward to a few beers and a laugh!

#117 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,154 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Got 2 tickets for final for £12 using BRA241. East stand.

#118 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 647 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

England 19 named
http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/20156508
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#119 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Got 2 tickets for final for £12 using BRA241. East stand.

2 bras for the price of 1?

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#120 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,154 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

2 bras for the price of 1?

Oo-er Madam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users