• 6,065 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

2 yr deal for Jase!

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

In his article he mentioned the experience of ' Lupton , Thackray and Calderwood ' being
vital ... Calders sticking around ??

#3 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Sorry mate, was writing a thread at the same time. Just heard Calders is staying this season, I just hope he raises his game then. Great news about Mossop though, thats 3 very good centres we have with Mossop able to play wing I would think.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Ha ha , no worries pal , same here . Ive no problems with Calders at all.
He came out of doing nothing to a totally alien world for him .
Lets see him back training regularly , fully fit and integrated into our
set up and watch him then . The blokes done it and got the tshirt

#5 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

In this league we need all the experience we can get, so Calders brings. As with Lupton a good pre-season will do them the world of good hopefully.

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

Very pleased that jase is staying, never anything less than 100% and if he gets on the wing I think well see an even bigger improvement.

I like how we are getting all these guys on 2 year deals. 2 good reasons, one being we don't have to rush around next year doing the same thing, and on the rare chance we drop back down then we will have a team ready to easily bounce back up.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Excellent news..... we have the foundations of a good squad for next year built around local lads, and great they are all signing 2 year deals.

Interesting to see that lot down the road are continuing with their policy of signing loads of players from away.....
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#8 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

well done BOD for getting jason mossop signed back on

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Another great signing and to be honest I never had the slightest doubt that Jason wouldn't sign for Town again. Solid as a rock and always gives his best.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

People say calders had a bad season but if he aint getten good service u cant expect nowt else can u he was always comen off the wings swappen wings looking for the ball

#11 town88

town88
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Calders played well against the top 4 team's if you notice (only exception Donny away on tv) not sure about the play off game but he maybe thought against the other teams he didn't have to try as hard!
CLUB HONOURS championship Winners: 1950-51 Beaten Finalists: 1957-58 Challenge Cup Winners: 1951-52 - Beaten Finalists: 1954-55, 1957-58 Western Division Championship Winners: 1962-63 Lancashire cup winners 1977-78- Beaten finalists 1976-77, 197879, 197980 Second Division/Divisional Premiership Winners:1993-94 Beaten Finalists;1992-93.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Right Fester . A winger is only as good as his supply. Must keep concentration in defence though and work on defusing those bombs but more asset than not for me . Bet he ain't short of offers . He'll do the biz given the pill .

Edited by DavidM, 10 October 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#13 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

I'm sorry but the amount of balls he dropped at times was shocking. Put his stats up compared to miller and it's not even a contest. If Elliot isn't getting the ball then he comes looking for it infield. And that's the big difference, one wants the ball and wants the workload, one dosent. I would actually sign him back up as long as it's a smaller contract and give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a game winner in attack but can also be a game loser in defence.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#14 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

I think I'm in the, give him another chance with a full pre-season under his belt, camp. He is not however a full-back and we shouldn't judge him on his performances at full-back. He is an out and out winger and that's where we need to play him,always.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#15 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Well done town for getting JM signed up! Very solid performer.

#16 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

Well done BOD another great signing. He sometimes goes under the radar when you look at some of out star performers, but he is consistently good, week in and week out.
The try he scored at the wreck was my favourite of the season, the look of delight on his face when he crossed the whitewash was a joy to behold.......get in there :D

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

I'd have to go with Millers against Oldham . We were sinking fast in that game and to produce that out of nowhere , sprint 90 and burn off a top full back like Miles Greenwood in the process ... Sheer class . Ginge kicking a goal and winding them up nicely at the Rec was another top moment . Be loads of others to that'll come to me

Edited by DavidM, 11 October 2012 - 11:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users