Posted Image

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

http://www.thetelegr...ord_Bulls_exit/

Thought it was a story about Philh deciding to watch Leigh instead

Aside from that disappointment I'd love Phil Joseph back.

#3 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Great player gives 110% and can play 8,9,10, or 13. Or even in the second row. id be more than happy to see PJ back with us.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#4 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Thought it was a story about Philh deciding to watch Leigh instead

Aside from that disappointment I'd love Phil Joseph back.

Flawed logic again Mark, as no "move" is necessary to watch Leigh, just go to the same ground at a different time (_;o).

Back on topic, if I may. Loss of Phil Joseph was a big blow last season not just in terms of his direct impact but also the overall balance of the side, as he brought a combination of things to 13 that proved hard to replace. I'Anson did a sterling job, but is better at halfback.

After a very promising start he struggled with injury at the Bulls, so state of fitness might be an issue.

If he gets the chance, you have to assume first choice would be to stay full time elsewhere. He's friends with several Huddersfield players and spent a lot of time training with them last pre-season, so the Giants will likely be his first point of call. Although they passed over the chance to sign him for 2012, Nathan Brown has since exited stage left and its Paul Anderson's view that counts now - might mean a different outcome for 2013.

But, if available and affordable, Phil Joseph is undoubtedly a player that would considerably strengthen the Lions squad.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users