Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Goalposts moved again by the RFL!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#21 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

And that that was the cause of the disaster ?

And I haven't even touched on some of the more lurid and disagreeable claims that were made ....... <_<

Who said that was the cause of the disaster?

#22 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

And that that was the cause of the disaster ?

And I haven't even touched on some of the more lurid and disagreeable claims that were made ....... <_<

All that was written by Dave "nosey" Parker ?

#23 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

All that was written by Dave "nosey" Parker ?

Gosh - was it he who wrote about drunken Liverpool fans ? :blink:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#24 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Get on the general forum why dont you with the other unliked, unpopular idiot

#25 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Sorry forgot boring

#26 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,207 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

I would put my house on it that a large number of Liverpool fans were drunk that day

what a disgusting slight on people who were killed, injured and traumatised on that tragic day.
people go for a drink before going to a game-any game.

There is absolutely no evidence that drunkenness was even remotely an element to the cause of this tragedy, despite efforts by the police and the media to show differently.
Make your poxy little comments about me until your heart is content-it doesn't matter to me, there's no reason why it should. But to make malignant and entirely typical of you, insinuations about the background to the Hillsborough tragedy is sick. I hope ythe moderators don't remove your post. I think as many people as possible should see it.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 13 October 2012 - 11:06 AM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#27 Jimmy B

Jimmy B
  • 593 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

what a disgusting slight on people who were killed, injured and traumatised on that tragic day.

There is absolutely no evidence that drunkenness was even remotely an element to the cause of this tragedy, despite efforts by the police and the media to show differently.
Make your poxy little comments about me until your heart is content-it doesn't matter to me, there's no reason why it should. But to make malignant and entirely typical of you, insinuations about the background to the Hillsborough tragedy is sick. I hope ythe moderators don't remove your post. I think as many people as possible should see it.

No Chris, I for one am not going to delete any posts - for the moment, neither Lowfields, yours or Griffs (who brought up the subject of Hillsbrough in the first place). But can I remind you of the topic of this thread, " Goalposts moved again by the RFL !" and ask you to stick to it. This is not the plaace to discuss the very sensitive Hillsborough disaster.

Jimmy B - moderator.

Edited by Jimmy B, 13 October 2012 - 12:23 PM.

Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

#28 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

would it be too much to ask for ALL clubs to ask for a meeting with the rfl , with the object of working out a straightforward and workable strategy that will sort out the mess that we have now. set out the rules and stick to them, instead of the ad hoc willy nilly system we have now.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#29 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,207 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

No Chris, I for one am not going to delete any posts - for the moment, neither Lowfields, yours or Griffs (who brought up the subject of Hillsbrough in the first place). But can I remind you of the topic of this thread, " Goalposts moved again by the RFL !" and ask you to stick to it. This is not the plaace to discuss the very sensitive Hillsborough disaster.

Jimmy B - moderator.

couldn't agree more
especially gratiutous slurs about drunken liverpool fans
Keeping it local

#30 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

would it be too much to ask for ALL clubs to ask for a meeting with the rfl , with the object of working out a straightforward and workable strategy that will sort out the mess that we have now. set out the rules and stick to them, instead of the ad hoc willy nilly system we have now.

Agree OR. That makes sense Seem to have gone off the subject quite a bit.

#31 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

IDIOT let as many people see it as you want, i never said drunkeness was to blame for the tragedy. I said some Liverpool fans would of been drunk. Just like i was 2 years earlier in the same stand watching Leeds against Coventry in a semi there was no crush but 90% of leeds fans were hammered. Nothing wrong with that. Just like a large % of Rovers fans were drunk the other week in Warrington again no crush and nothing wrong with that. Wind your neck in idiot and try actually reading posts

#32 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

couldn't agree more
especially gratiutous slurs about drunken liverpool fans

been slow timed and irked again havent you. easy peezy

#33 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

been slow timed and irked again havent you. easy peezy

gets upset at a few comments on an unofficial forum, so walks away from the club. what's that all about?
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#34 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

gets upset at a few comments on an unofficial forum, so walks away from the club. what's that all about?

Because he is a sad little boring man, that can never be irkd by plebs
Just wish he would remove the pic of the great Carl Dooler.

Edited by LOWFIELD, 13 October 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#35 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Reminds me of a spoilt brat who has his Lego taken from him. A male chicken of the highest order.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#36 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

Reminds me of a spoilt brat who has his Lego taken from him. A male chicken of the highest order.

###### in a swimming pool springs to mind

#37 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,207 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

IDIOT let as many people see it as you want, i never said drunkeness was to blame for the tragedy. I said some Liverpool fans would of been drunk. Just like i was 2 years earlier in the same stand watching Leeds against Coventry in a semi there was no crush but 90% of leeds fans were hammered. Nothing wrong with that. Just like a large % of Rovers fans were drunk the other week in Warrington again no crush and nothing wrong with that. Wind your neck in idiot and try actually reading posts

then what om earth was the point in mentioning it?
like I said, people go to games, all games and have a drink. The fact that liverpool fans will have done just that has absolutely no bearing on the tragedy.For all ther relevance it had, other than your typical malignance, you might as well have sid thsat some Liverpool fans had fish and chips before the game.
And you invoke people being drunk and in a crush at a football game. Why? people having had a drink had nothing at all to do with the 'crush'(a gross understatement) that led to this tragedy.

As for the OP, it's called reacting to a changingfinancia situation.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 14 October 2012 - 07:41 AM.

Keeping it local

#38 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,207 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

it's about you being completely wrong.

I resigned my jobs at Rovers weeks ago, for reasons that are none of your business, and reflect in no way anything negative about Rovers and the people runniing the club, or my feelings for those people. 23 years is quite sufficient. Now where's my telecaster qv.

You seem to have an inflated view of the importance and relevance of this 'forum'.
Keeping it local

#39 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

then what om earth was the point in mentioning it?
like I said, people go to games, all games and have a drink. The fact that liverpool fans will have done just that has absolutely no bearing on the tragedy.For all ther relevance it had, other than your typical malignance, you might as well have sid thsat some Liverpool fans had fish and chips before the game.
And you invoke people being drunk and in a crush at a football game. Why? people having had a drink had nothing at all to do with the 'crush'(a gross understatement) that led to this tragedy.

As for the OP, it's called reacting to a changingfinancia situation.

There you go again jumping straight in like an idiot, show me where i mention the disaster?
Try actually reading posts before replying

#40 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

it's about you being completely wrong.

I resigned my jobs at Rovers weeks ago, for reasons that are none of your business, and reflect in no way anything negative about Rovers and the people runniing the club, or my feelings for those people. 23 years is quite sufficient. Now where's my telecaster qv.

You seem to have an inflated view of the importance and relevance of this 'forum'.

No we dont have an inflated view of this or any other forum, you obviously do.
Wheres Ian Clayton when you need him

Edited by LOWFIELD, 14 October 2012 - 09:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users