Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Goalposts moved again by the RFL!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#41 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

it's about you being completely wrong.

I resigned my jobs at Rovers weeks ago, for reasons that are none of your business, and reflect in no way anything negative about Rovers and the people runniing the club, or my feelings for those people. 23 years is quite sufficient. Now where's my telecaster qv.

You seem to have an inflated view of the importance and relevance of this 'forum'.

i've been completely wrong before, many times, unlike some, i can admit it.
if you've found it neccessary to resign your post at rovers (for whatever reason) then i'm sorry. even i can seperate the work you do for the club, from your beligerant argumentative persona on here.
as for this forum, i regard it as the digital post office road end, where you can speak to anyone and everyone. about any subject serious or funny, rugby or not. me, i like to have a laugh. i do take my club and my rugby seriously but i.m old enough now not to place much importance or relevance on what's said on here. whether you remain on the forum or not doesn't bother me one iota.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#42 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

couldn't agree more
especially gratiutous slurs about drunken liverpool fans

No body made any slurs, griff made a comment and Lowfield rightly said that many of the liverpool fans will have had a drink. He never said this led to the trouble and as jimmy said it was Griff how dragged Hillsborough into the debate.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#43 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,520 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

No body made any slurs, griff made a comment and Lowfield rightly said that many of the liverpool fans will have had a drink. He never said this led to the trouble and as jimmy said it was Griff how dragged Hillsborough into the debate.

it was irrelevant.

Regarding the moving of goalposts(hackneyed phrase 9581), I don't see how. It seems a legitimate response to a changing economic situation.

You forgot to use the word 'pleb' in your post. It's great that you've learned a new word, at least it shows you watch the news. Ich bin ein peb.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#44 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,520 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

i've been completely wrong before, many times, unlike some, i can admit it.
if you've found it neccessary to resign your post at rovers (for whatever reason) then i'm sorry. even i can seperate the work you do for the club, from your beligerant argumentative persona on here.
as for this forum, i regard it as the digital post office road end, where you can speak to anyone and everyone. about any subject serious or funny, rugby or not. me, i like to have a laugh. i do take my club and my rugby seriously but i.m old enough now not to place much importance or relevance on what's said on here. whether you remain on the forum or not doesn't bother me one iota.

argumentative? I didn't realise everyone had to think the same.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#45 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

argumentative? I didn't realise everyone had to think the same.

not everyone has to go looking for them.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#46 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Just loves taking the moral high ground doesnt he, always playing the big victim. Go through the forums he is on a large % of threads arguing the toss with people, getting threads closed and generally ruining peoples enjoyment. The man is a nuisense, unpopular and unliked, the sad part for me is he does all this with a pic of Carl Dooler as his avatar

#47 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Just loves taking the moral high ground doesnt he, always playing the big victim. Go through the forums he is on a large % of threads arguing the toss with people, getting threads closed and generally ruining peoples enjoyment. The man is a nuisense, unpopular and unliked, the sad part for me is he does all this with a pic of Carl Dooler as his avatar

Yeah but he is good at hanging pictures :D

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#48 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

........ Lowfield rightly said that many of the liverpool fans will have had a drink. He never said this led to the trouble and as jimmy said it was Griff how dragged Hillsborough into the debate.

Actually, he said they were drunk which is very different. The implication was clear.

I didn't "drag Hillsborough into the debate". I dragged the Sun's reporting of it into the debate. Again - very different.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#49 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Do you think its time to put your handbags away now boys?
Im Fev and im proud

#50 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Actually, he said they were drunk which is very different. The implication was clear.

I didn't "drag Hillsborough into the debate". I dragged the Sun's reporting of it into the debate. Again - very different.

never the less, Hillsborough wasn't mentioned till you mentioned it
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#51 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

I think the useful days of this forum are sadly drawing in. I'd like to raise glass to all that have sailed in it, I've met some good folks through this media, but now I think, for me it's coming to a natural end. I sincerely hope that my fellow Fev followers can continue to follow the team they love in harmony, I will leave you all with one final thought, fall out with one another, but still aim for a common goal, oh and by the way dont let a ###### who follows the eagles, and can't find enough decent dialogue on his own forum wind you all up. Dave S, I saw you briefly at the end of the GF, you took the defeat, philosophically and like the man you are, don't let people get you embroilled in something that you are not. Dave R, you are a very genial man, whom I've had the very great honour of soending a short time in your company. Robin you know how close we will remain, and Chris I have no truck with you and we did find common ground away from the keyboard. I hope you can all find some compromise, Carl, what you said to me at last years grand final meant the world but for me it's enough for now. Hope to see you all in the future, I'll not say the Super League, cos if I'm honest, i'm not that bothered about that either, but Viva Featherstone Rovers, the fans, the History and moreover the future.

#52 Jimmy B

Jimmy B
  • 593 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Not really Griff, there was absoluteley no need to mention Hillsborough in this thread. Thanks a lot !
Jimmy B moderator

Edited by Jimmy B, 14 October 2012 - 11:06 PM.

Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

#53 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

I think the useful days of this forum are sadly drawing in. I'd like to raise glass to all that have sailed in it, I've met some good folks through this media, but now I think, for me it's coming to a natural end. I sincerely hope that my fellow Fev followers can continue to follow the team they love in harmony, I will leave you all with one final thought, fall out with one another, but still aim for a common goal, oh and by the way dont let a ###### who follows the eagles, and can't find enough decent dialogue on his own forum wind you all up. Dave S, I saw you briefly at the end of the GF, you took the defeat, philosophically and like the man you are, don't let people get you embroilled in something that you are not. Dave R, you are a very genial man, whom I've had the very great honour of soending a short time in your company. Robin you know how close we will remain, and Chris I have no truck with you and we did find common ground away from the keyboard. I hope you can all find some compromise, Carl, what you said to me at last years grand final meant the world but for me it's enough for now. Hope to see you all in the future, I'll not say the Super League, cos if I'm honest, i'm not that bothered about that either, but Viva Featherstone Rovers, the fans, the History and moreover the future.

it's sad that aspects of the forum appear to be the motivation behind your decisions vausey, but I do agree that facebook is now a more vibrant place for all things fev. This forum is relatively stale now in comparison to facebook so sidnee, get thi sen sorted with a facebook a/c!!!
See thi on the POR end vausey old cocker!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#54 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Andrew i couldn't agree more with regard to this forum. There are too many people who are unable to accept the fact that their views are not ALWAYS right and that other people have differing views. Like you i'm sick of it and will no longer be using it. As Robin says Facebook is now a more vibrant place for all things FEV.
Finally a message to the moderators. This topic should have been closed the minute Hilsborough was introduced. 96 people lost their lives in that tragedy
and you continued to let posters argue over who said what and to who. Disrespecful and disgraceful.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#55 Paulie

Paulie
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

it's sad that aspects of the forum appear to be the motivation behind your decisions vausey, but I do agree that facebook is now a more vibrant place for all things fev. This forum is relatively stale now in comparison to facebook so sidnee, get thi sen sorted with a facebook a/c!!!
See thi on the POR end vausey old cocker!!

I completely disagree with you on this one Robin. The forum is and always will be a place of great diversity and yes it does occasionally spill over into personnal assasination but that is the nature of the beast.As for you Robin you are far too erudite and productive to limit yourself to a facebook site that i find totally boring in its repetitiveness and almost verging on the psycophantic.

#56 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

For the benefit of those not on Facebook i will continue to post on the shop thread and promote any events at the club on this forum.

#57 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Andrew, firstly i hope you're wrong about the impending demise of this forum. through it, i have met good people like yourself who i would probably never had the opportunity to speak to. i think the forum and facebook page can run side by side. i do read the comments on facebook but they are generally made by likeminded people, whereas the forum can be more thought provoking, even confrontational. not always a bad thing. i will miss your posts on here, i find you to be a very knowledgeable bloke, about the game in general and fev in particular. i also think that what is going on with the rfl lately goes against your sense of fair play. i hope we bump into each other next season and can have a chat. take care, OR
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#58 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

I completely disagree with you on this one Robin. The forum is and always will be a place of great diversity and yes it does occasionally spill over into personnal assasination but that is the nature of the beast.As for you Robin you are far too erudite and productive to limit yourself to a facebook site that i find totally boring in its repetitiveness and almost verging on the psycophantic.

ey up Paul. Your opinion is how I used to view the forum. Less so these days. Similarly, I used to view Facebook in similar terms to how you describe, but as Facebook now appears to be the preferred social media for all things Fev, and for whatever reason a lot of forum users now prefer FB, this forum has lost some of it's appeal - well, to me at least and FB has improved.
But, as Old Rover has suggested, I'm sure there's room for both and if each continues to be used then fair play.

Edited by Robin Evans, 15 October 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#59 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Edited by Robin Evans, 15 October 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#60 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

I would not like this or any forum to close as this would prevent many good people from expressing their opinions. This is what a lot of them are opinions. We all share differing views and thoughts. Many do not have or want access to face book. long may the discussions continue on each.
Looking forward to the start of the new season then we can discuss things over a pint and on the terracing. Yes i know a season has just finished but we must look forward to the future whatever that might be.

Edited by Ricardo Taylor, 15 October 2012 - 11:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users