England Knights Squad

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Lomax Makinson Scarsbrook Jones are all good enough for first team/knights squad. Wilkin should be picked by Mcnamras logic as he played well in 2007.

Agree about the first 4 ,Wilkin though has had his rep days and not taken them,time to move on

#22 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Agree about the first 4 ,Wilkin though has had his rep days and not taken them,time to move on

Wilkin was sarcasm mate haha I'd put ten players infront of him for a national jersey.

#23 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

surely lomax makinson and jones for the knights, wilkin is requiring an op apparantly. cant see the logic with the other 3, especially lomax who has gone from elite squad to nil. be interesting to see who chase represents if/when he leaves these shores.

Couldn't agree more.

Lomax should be in the 'elite' squad.

Don't give a ###### about Chase though.

Edited by HappyDave, 11 October 2012 - 10:24 PM.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#24 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Wilkin was sarcasm mate haha I'd put ten players infront of him for a national jersey.

only ten?

#25 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Lomax should be in the 'elite' squad.

Don't give a ###### about Chase though.

Lomax has to improve his defence,the number of times he takes the dummy runner in defence is alarming,still dont think he's a SH

#26 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

When I've seen him on Sky Sports his defense has been pretty good. He's good at taking players around the legs and not worried about taking down the bigger guys. I can't remember his defense being poor at the GF in 2010. Having said that Saints got ran about the park all game.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#27 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

He's every right to play for England.... Live with!

One of the most promising players to come out of Wales for years and he's representing England, what chance have Wales got and other nations if England takes the best players.

#28 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

One of the most promising players to come out of Wales for years and he's representing England, what chance have Wales got and other nations if England takes the best players.

Evans wants to play for England as he's half English, born in Wales....... Went to high school in England.

England haven't done anything wrong........

#29 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

When I've seen him on Sky Sports his defense has been pretty good. He's good at taking players around the legs and not worried about taking down the bigger guys. I can't remember his defense being poor at the GF in 2010. Having said that Saints got ran about the park all game.

Yep he does tackle well WHEN he picks the man with the ball,trouble is thats rare

#30 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

He should be in the Elite squad.

I agree, I'd have put him in over McIlorum as his form was dire from June onwards prior to the infamous send off

#31 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Yep he does tackle well WHEN he picks the man with the ball,trouble is thats rare

Hmmm...

#32 Fax1978

Fax1978
  • Coach
  • 568 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I think this squad has a decent balance only area it looks a little light is in the back row surprised Westerman / Watts / Bateman / Whitehead, and I'm sure there are a few others who may or may not be injured, that would add a bit more punch. Other than that a decent side more than capable of winning the comp.

Eden / BJB
Broughton
Turner
Evans
Dixon / riley
Sarginson
Gale
Cooper
Houghton
Taylor
Clarkson
Hughes
Lunt

G burgess
T burgess
Lawrence
Clarke

#33 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Jordan Turner is a Saints player now.

Not until december when this seasons contracts run out.

#34 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 897 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Not until december when this seasons contracts run out.

Wrong.

Super league contracts run 1st November to 31st October. Most clubs start per-season in November so you would want new player to be able to join their new clubs then.

Edited by matt newsholme, 13 October 2012 - 02:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users