Leigh East

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Whats gone wrong at Easts, one of the most successful clubs over the past few years, with a cracking set up and "usually" plenty of depth are 1 bad result away from relegation, is it all down to the summer switch or is there something going drastically wrong behind the scenes that were not privvy too?

#2 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Whats gone wrong at Easts, one of the most successful clubs over the past few years, with a cracking set up and "usually" plenty of depth are 1 bad result away from relegation, is it all down to the summer switch or is there something going drastically wrong behind the scenes that were not privvy too?

north wales crusaders?

Edited by usain bolt, 11 October 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#3 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

just Summer i believe, it said in their program last week that the players have voted to give summer just one more season to see if it improves which probably backs up their chairmans comments earlier in the season,

#4 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Success may be their downfall which is a shame, the pro clubs have signed pivotal players out of their team when they where in their pomp 2 or 3 years ago

All the best whatever happens on saturday

#5 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

There still turning out the same ammount of teams all that has changed is the quality of the team - Would they have been where they were without Fieldhouse, Middlehurst etc?? No. They have lost to many players to the pro ranks but even then there still a good team just not a championship winning one
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#6 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Who'll be missing on both sides on Saturday, I presume Easts like Skirlaugh will have one or two on the tours?

#7 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Shaun Wildbore is away

#8 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

The Easts are just going through a transition period that happens at all clubs when they bring young players through , it's just that this year we lost nearly a full team to the pro's and retirements .

They'll be back stronger next year . And as for summer . It's nothing to do with me but the lads that are playing and the clubs to decide if Summers working or not , ........ my opinion is they'll be staying Summer because once they jumped into bed with the ROFL they'll do whatever their master says

#9 Sparks

Sparks
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

The Easts are just going through a transition period that happens at all clubs when they bring young players through , it's just that this year we lost nearly a full team to the pro's and retirements .
They'll be back stronger next year .

They'll be back stronger next year in the first division !!!

#10 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

They'll be back stronger next year in the first division !!!

Thats not a bad thing is it, all you have to do is look back to 1974 when Denis Law back heeled Manchester United into relegation, they came back a lot stronger.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#11 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

Dennis Law's back heal didn't relegate United alone - Southampton's win did. Manchester United compared to Leigh East. Think money may be the difference there.

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Dennis Law's back heal didn't relegate United alone - Southampton's win did. Manchester United compared to Leigh East. Think money may be the difference there.

I think the other 40 odd results during the season also played a big part as well and Man U had nothing at the time, they have built their brand up over the last 30 or so years to where they are today,
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users