Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rochdale's new coach

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,706 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

I presented my scenarios at post#91 to the RFL and received a reply to say that "All players will have a cap value that will mean the scenario presented will not lead to an advantage for clubs engaged in a partnership". Just how that will work, I'm not sure and I still feel that we are opening a can of worms to enable the SL clubs to do away with their reserve teams and save £100k each. The dual registration system was the way to go as that was only for players Under 23 years old and if it had been limited to say, 4 at any time being taken by a Championship club, it would have been a far better system and not so open to arguments that I think will now arise over values, etc.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#102 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

After weeks of speculation, changes to the Academy structures have finally been confirmed. Is it the end to British Rugby League as we know it? I think not…

Give my blog a read if you like! :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users