Matthew Elliot?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,737 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Rumoured he's to be announced as new Warriors coach tomorrow - Friday

Edited by G Las D, 12 October 2012 - 08:36 AM.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 Simon Kerr

Simon Kerr
  • Coach
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Rumours were true... Another rumour is that Robbie Paul will be assistant.

Can't say I'm ethralled with the appointment and imo they should have given it to Tony Iro given the choices.

Elliot is an average NRL coach at best. Plus he used to coach Bradford so that's another reason not to appoint him!!
Posted Image

#3 kioli

kioli
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

That new fat ###### owner thought he could throw his weight around and get Bellamy. Now he's ended up with a guy who has never won a finals game. Owners shouldn't get involved in the footy operations, they always have nfi.

#4 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

Tony Iro was never going to get the job,but it`s clear that Elliott was not the first choice either. Another lamb to the slaughter I`m afraid,but no doubt the money will cushion the inevitable fall. If I were Elliott,the first thing I`d do would be to get some good Aussie forwards in,a la Kevin Campion. Lowrie is a good start,but more are needed as these Kiwis are a liability,good players though they might be. Lasting the 80 minutes has always been their downfall,more mental than physical,but this is where games are won and lost as we saw far too often last season. Elliott needs to kick ass straight away,or those players will crucify him like Toopi and a few more did to Daniel Anderson in 2004.

#5 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

Quite funny to see the Warriors management insisting that Elliott was their first choice all along. Yeah, sure he was!!! :rolleyes:

I remember when Elliott took over at Penrith there was lots of murmering going on that the players weren't happy over Elliott implementing his 'systems' of game play. I can imagine there'll be some gnashing of teeth in Auckland as well. Of all the teams you'd least expect Elliott to turn up at, it'd be the Warriors. I'll be surprised if the Warriors aren't back looking for a new man by this time next year.

Also recall Phil Gould on taking over at Penrith, sat Elliott down for a chat about the side and came away not having a clue what Elliott was talking about. Hence, he sacked him. Interesting times ahead in Auckland...

#6 Simon Kerr

Simon Kerr
  • Coach
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

It seems that Elliot has done a Bradbury and won the race after all those in front fell.

Well in the case of the Warriors race... They withdrew or rejected the job.

#7 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

Quite funny to see the Warriors management insisting that Elliott was their first choice all along. Yeah, sure he was!!! :rolleyes:

Yes I have to admit that this had me ROFLMAO when I saw the report.

The 'owners' have asked the media to "Give him a go" :wacko: Wonder if they'll ask the Warriors fans to do the same :lol:

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

#8 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,737 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

Talk about an uphill battle.

But Warriors players and former New Zealand champions were united in slamming the club's decision to appoint Elliott over Iro, a local favourite.

The management publicly aimed for the stars and missed.
They've instead come up with an uninspired choice.
No wonder the initial reaction is adverse.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#9 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

Elliott said it was his "strong will and intent" to keep Iro on the coaching staff.
He also confirmed the Warriors were in the market to add to the three recruits already acquired for next year - Melbourne pair Dane Nielsen and Todd Lowrie, and Wigan halfback Thomas Leuluai.
Elliott said there was "an unbelievable amount of [salary] cap space", which put the Warriors in a strong position.

Now there's three 'recruits' that are going to find their pre seasons VERY different :wacko:

#10 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Craig Walker leaves
The 1st to fly or just a coincindence ?
I find it interesting in the article he's called 'a trainer'
I thought the guy was the Warriors 'High Performance Manager' ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users