Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Heineken Cup

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

The Heineken Cup starts tomorrow night. What are your predictions?

Will Leinster win it again, or can Ulster improve on last season's final defeat?

Will an English team get as far as the semi-final?

Will Sale get their first win of the season in their game vs Cardiff Blues?

Is there a group of death? Yes there is! It's pool 5.

http://www.ercrugby.com/

#2 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,857 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

I wish rugby had a comp like this
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#3 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

A lot of expansion needed....................

#4 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,857 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

A lot of expansion needed....................

we don't need that nosense in this great game of ours
Keeping it local

#5 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,854 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'm really not up to speed with the form book but Leinster were a class apart last season.
Fides invicta triumphat

#6 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

I watch the first half of the Glos 'Amlin Cup' game tonight. Dull as dishwater. Mont de Marsan's ground is dreadful for an 'elite' level ground. It didn't appear to be the quality of a 'Co-op Championship' [National League 1] Rugby ground.

Edited by HappyDave, 11 October 2012 - 10:32 PM.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#7 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Amazingly for such a 'prestigeous' competition,according to the commentators - I switched over during a break in the darts! - the french side fielded a largely Academy team.Apparently in France,their own League takes precedence over the Amlin.

#8 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,854 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Amazingly for such a 'prestigeous' competition,according to the commentators - I switched over during a break in the darts! - the french side fielded a largely Academy team.Apparently in France,their own League takes precedence over the Amlin.

Both sides had academy teams out. Dire game spoilt by the French team trying to start a fight at every breakdown.
Fides invicta triumphat

#9 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

I'm really not up to speed with the form book but Leinster were a class apart last season.

Well, the likes of Toulouse, Clermont and Leinster have been tipped by the hacks as likely winners. I'd like to see Ulster win, although I wouldn't put money on it. They are unbeaten so far this season though.

#10 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

French teams wanting a scrap? I won't have it. I fear for Sale. They could get embarrassed in a couple of games. Would love to see an English team win it too. I know this will stick in Sev's throat, but one of my favourite HC moments was Bath beating Brive ages ago. '95?

#11 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

13,000 there last night at Mont de Marsan according to Sporting Life....I wonder if they were all in the catering area...

#12 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

13,000 there last night at Mont de Marsan according to Sporting Life....I wonder if they were all in the catering area...

I think that's "dining" old boy. It's not soccer you know. ;)

#13 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,857 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Both sides had academy teams out. Dire game spoilt by the French team trying to start a fight at every breakdown.

that's a shame
this should be the flagship rournament of Europerean Union.

I think it's a superb concept: Although it would be rejected out of hand by the Sid and Doris Bonkers tendency in Rugby League, should the opportunity for such a comp ever come about.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 12 October 2012 - 03:00 PM.

Keeping it local

#14 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,854 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

that's a shame

I think it's a superb concept: Although it would be rejected out of hand by the Sid and Doris Bonkers tendency in Rugby League, should the opportunity for such a comp ever come about.

Nah, thats the Heineken Cup
Fides invicta triumphat

#15 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Some clubs treat the Amlin Cup a bit like top soccer clubs treat the League Cup, and put out inexperienced sides until the final hoves in to view.

#16 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

that's a shame

You mean like the WCC and its projected expansion.

#17 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Would RL fans be able to afford to travel over to France every couple of months if their was a club cup competition between the Championships and Elite 1 in France?

Rugby Unions' fans' and teams' carbon footprint must be huge for the likes of Super 15, Amlin, Heiniken and 'The Rugby Championship'. ;)
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#18 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,857 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

You mean like the WCC and its projected expansion.

anything that is beyond the bottom of the street
Keeping it local

#19 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,857 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

I think I've got mixed up.
I thought the posts were all about the HC.
Whilst on the subject though. I think union has too many comps
Keeping it local

#20 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

I Sky+'d last night's Heiniken Cup game. Good game but why show the build up on the replay?? Don't people get bored of half hour+ 'build ups' for 'ball games'? They're just ruddy dull dull dull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users