TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven Saints

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Well its happened: http://www.whitehave...cle.php?id=9575

Town fans ripping them a new one on their forum over this. However dont think it'll make much difference since Saints have also linked up with Rochdale and Rochale have appointed Saints Under 20's coach as their head coach.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#2 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

rochdale, oldham and now haven . who next for the mighty saints to link up with? spent naff all money on their old ground and now because they got over heads with their new spot they want half a dozen championship clubs to keep their u20 squad in shape and most likley pay most of their wages.by the sounds of it the rfl are quite happy with it as it gives super league clubs more cash to spend on the first teams.

#3 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

They havent linked with Oldham, chose Rochdale instead. SL clubs are only allowed to link with 1 club in a geographical area, hence why they chose Haven as a 2nd.

Edited by Oracle, 12 October 2012 - 09:19 AM.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#4 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

Is there anybody else in our league apart from us who hasn't linked up with a Big Brother?

#5 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Is there anybody else in our league apart from us who hasn't linked up with a Big Brother?

Featherstone , Halifax and I'm not sure but I think Sheffield and Workington have not linked up with anyone.

#6 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

We haven't (Batley) either as of yet, although I'm aware we are in discussions with an SL club who actually approached us. I'd be surprised if it happened though unless there is real benefit to us, as in essence we don't actual need it financially or in terms or playing squad infrastructure.

Be good to play you guys again next year on a different note. Some of the best fans in the game.

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Town aren't linked with anyone and I hope that we definitely stay away from this b.s.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 563 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

I've just heard Walney Cents are considering it and Roose Pioneers as well :)
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V