TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Whitebank

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#1 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Anybody any idea what is going on with the ground? This story http://www.roughyeds...ment/#more-7198, said we would aim to submit a planning request to the October planning meeting. But there is nothing on the council agenda for the planning meeting on the 17th.

#2 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

probably ............absolutely NOTHING is going on ( just like the last 3 years ) ...................ne then lad what did you expect
Posted Image

#3 OldhamGal

OldhamGal
  • Coach
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

I seem to remember your stock response anytime i dared ask for communication from the club being

Why dont you ring the club and ask? 0161 628 3677
Ain't it funny how you think you're gonna be OK
Till you remember things are never gonna be the same again?
Ain't it crazy how you think you've got your whole life planned
Just to find that it was never ever in your hands?

My Facebook :)

#4 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Upgrading the ground needs to go through the due processes and that is what is happening. Until all processes have been completed then nothing can be announced. I would expect things to move quickly but only after all "T"'s have been crossed and "I"'s dotted. If the club announced progress and then there was a glitch there would be criticism. Damned if they do , damned if they dont. From what I understand plans are in place to erect the stand as soon as approval is given. the club is doing what it can. This year 2 teams go up so all we can do for now is keep turning up and shouting the lads on.Optomist as I am, not going up could have been a blessing as we may have come straight back down whereas now with two going up hopefully us and Rochdale and then we can consolodate maybe with a new stand.
One for all and all for the one

#5 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

Upgrading the ground needs to go through the due processes and that is what is happening. Until all processes have been completed then nothing can be announced. I would expect things to move quickly but only after all "T"'s have been crossed and "I"'s dotted. If the club announced progress and then there was a glitch there would be criticism. Damned if they do , damned if they dont. From what I understand plans are in place to erect the stand as soon as approval is given. the club is doing what it can. This year 2 teams go up so all we can do for now is keep turning up and shouting the lads on.Optomist as I am, not going up could have been a blessing as we may have come straight back down whereas now with two going up hopefully us and Rochdale and then we can consolodate maybe with a new stand.

Hi Rugbyman

Is it definite that two go up? If that's the case then I feel so much better.

TonyMac
Hope for the best, plan for the worst, just don't stop believing

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#6 roughyed

roughyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Who is going to pay for this mythical renovation the club have nowt the council have nowt to spare and on the attendances next season the the players will get nowt,but one person will make sure that he is sorted and we all know who that is don't we.The whole set up is nothing but a joke,nobody in their right mind would put money into a club in this position,I have said all along last season will cost the club dearly a perfect chance was missed,this was obvious after the Rochdale away defeat things could have been done then but weren't.

#7 donquixote

donquixote
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

My understanding was that a planning application would be submitted on October 17th. No such application seems to have been submitted. An application has to be published in advance so local residents and interested parties can examine it and raise any objections. Clearly this means no application can go before the Planning Committee now before November and more likely later than that. As the statement by CH at the public meeting in Sept. 2011 referred to planning approval in Feb 2012 being possible what kind of timescale are we now dealing with or are we being treated to yet more 'pie-in-the-sky'? The whole situation is a joke and we are being taken for idiots. I don't care what obstacles have to be overcome the constant barrage of misinformation is turning people away in droves. I can't believe the RFL will put up with the lack of progress on stadium development for much longer. The irony is that ORLFC were managing while playing out of town but the move back into Oldham has actually made matters worse.

#8 Raff

Raff
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

CH is a joke but an disastrous one.His whole `management ` style seems to be to keep us(customers/fans) in the dark unless and until it suits him.I repect the principle of not talking about things until they can be officially confirmedesp with contracts (eg players signing,capital requests to the Council) ; however there are a number of other more general things that he should keep us informed with.Interstingly he`s forgotten this principle re thw `appeal` for financial backers (when he`s brought the club to its knees) and his announcement of an imminent tie-in with an SL club.Oh,and I noticed that the new coach and some of the newer players have been attractd by ``big plans``-any chance that the people who ultimately pay for them will be given any inkling,including the ground.?people say that it`s better now having Whitebank because we keep all the revenue (eg bar takings) ;would be good to look at comparison of the net `profits` when we played outside ot town against being at Whuitebank and factoring in the need to spend `x` GBP on ``upgrading`` it.Never mind the fans all the other clubs calling it a ``dump``.
Finishing,however,on a more positive note:Naylor seems to doing some good signings and to know what he`s doing (at last!!)So,fair do`s,CH,appears to be a good appointment

#9 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

asked jim mcmahon on twitter he replied ''let's say its complicated... Should be resolved soon enough, we know its important for the town to have a successful rugby club''

make of that what you will...

Edited by mackin89, 16 October 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#10 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

we've heard that line for the last 20 years

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#11 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Not on the agenda for November either!!

#12 D1029

D1029
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

December its CHs Christmas present to you

#13 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

December its CHs Christmas present to you

Promotion is critical this season - its no use getting one of the two spots available if the ground won't allow us to go up........hold on a minute, I'm having dejavu from 12 months ago and we are no further along the line than we were then! The only difference this year is that crowds probably won't even top the 500 mark.

#14 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

We were given 5 years grace by the RFL to bring the ground up to standards, so I doubt that it would restrict us initially. Also believe it or not, we are not that far away from meeting the criteria. It is easily within reach.

#15 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Are you sure SC? Where does that information come from? If so, why would CH not reassure the fans on this?

#16 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

this touchline length stand ,holding around 900 seats,would cost about £100,000 - £125,000 and take less than a month to build..

http://www.arenagrou...ds_and_lts.html

its really beyond me why we don't have at least one of these running down the touchline @ whitebank

OLDHAM RLFC

#17 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Maybe the cost is the problem?

#18 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

if Oldham Coliseum can receive grants from Oldham Council, which funded a large part of the £1.65million refurbishment recently.........then im sure oldham council can find a couple of hundred grand for us.........

OLDHAM RLFC

#19 higgy

higgy
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

this touchline length stand ,holding around 900 seats,would cost about £100,000 - £125,000 and take less than a month to build..

http://www.arenagrou...ds_and_lts.html

its really beyond me why we don't have at least one of these running down the touchline @ whitebank

The stand is already available having been donated by Salford from the Willows, and is being held in storage some of which I have seen for myself and only wants erecting.

I would think the stumbling block is with our wonderful Council and the fees they require just to apply for planning permission, which you would think they would waiver has other local authorities have to help improve facilities

#20 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

The Collesium is used by more people, and is a jewel in Oldham's fading crown. A well renowned organisation that has world wide acclaim - which hit home whilst reading an aticle in an inflight magazine on the way to the Far East, which told the story and the success of the Collesium/Oldham Theatre Workshop.
The bottom line is the council cannot be seen to donating 100K plus money to a organisation that attract little over 500 people - a sad fact. Now if Oldham were hitting the capacity of Whitebank every home game, I guess it would be a different story, but at the present time, and with the crowds as they are, Whitebank is 'fit for purpose'. The council are making cutbacks every month, and in their eyes, they have delivered the goods in providing Oldham a 'suitable' venue.