Whitebank

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

The stand is already available having been donated by Salford from the Willows, and is being held in storage some of which I have seen for myself and only wants erecting.

I would think the stumbling block is with our wonderful Council and the fees they require just to apply for planning permission, which you would think they would waiver has other local authorities have to help improve facilities

Again, news to me!

In terms of the council, if they were seen to be waiving fees for a single limited company in the borough, that would open the floodgates for them wouldn't it? I'm sure the fees will have been costed into the project by CH, so can't see that being a stumbling block

#22 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

The stand is already available having been donated by Salford from the Willows, and is being held in storage some of which I have seen for myself and only wants erecting.

I would think the stumbling block is with our wonderful Council and the fees they require just to apply for planning permission, which you would think they would waiver has other local authorities have to help improve facilities

really???

i assume its this stand?
Posted Image

thats fantastic

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#23 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

In reply to Sheddings69. All my information comes from the public domain. It is all from stories previously released by the club. Try to be a little bit more open, instead of narrowing down your focus to just the negative.

#24 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

In reply to Sheddings69. All my information comes from the public domain. It is all from stories previously released by the club. Try to be a little bit more open, instead of narrowing down your focus to just the negative.

I can find no reference to '5 years grace' from the RFL anywhere in the public domain and certainly not in any story previously released by the club.

I can only therefore deduce you are (i) privy to inside information us mere plebs are not, (ii) must be mistaken or (iii) are just talking nonsense.

Please post the link and I'd be delighted to admit I'm that wrong. If we really have been given this grace, I like many others would be jumping up and down with joy at the prospect of being able to get to the Championship......so come on SC, please make me joyous!!

Edited by sheddings69, 08 November 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#25 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

to be fair i've never heard of this 5 years grace either...

OLDHAM RLFC

#26 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Just been searching for the article, but the archives do not seem to go back that far. But this article certainly fits in with the time scale http://www.roughyeds...aded/#more-5138.

#27 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Just been searching for the article, but the archives do not seem to go back that far. But this article certainly fits in with the time scale http://www.roughyeds...aded/#more-5138.

There is no reference to '5 years grace' in this article SC?! Again, if we've been given this grace by the RFL, that is fantastic news.......but nothing has ever been in the public domain to that effect?

#28 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

There is no reference to '5 years grace' in this article SC?! Again, if we've been given this grace by the RFL, that is fantastic news.......but nothing has ever been in the public domain to that effect?

I stated in my post that the archives do not go back that far. However the the statement "plan to upgrade Whitebank over three or four years to a stadium that will comply with minimum standards for the Championship" seems to fit in with the 5 years that I am alluding to. Memory fades and you start to doubt yourself, when challenged so confidently. So whether it was a printed article or a verbal statement I cannot remember, but the memory is still there.

#29 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

I stated in my post that the archives do not go back that far. However the the statement "plan to upgrade Whitebank over three or four years to a stadium that will comply with minimum standards for the Championship" seems to fit in with the 5 years that I am alluding to. Memory fades and you start to doubt yourself, when challenged so confidently. So whether it was a printed article or a verbal statement I cannot remember, but the memory is still there.

I can assure you that is information never put into the public domain SC........although I can't for the life of me think why not as it would be great news if it is the case!!!

#30 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

I remember something being said or written when we got Whitebank at first but like you i can't remember where or when. Sorry!

#31 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I have not made it up, and would not have the information if it had not been released into the public domain. I don't read The Times, but if they are the only paper to run with a story, I do not deny that it happened.

#32 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

I have not made it up, and would not have the information if it had not been released into the public domain. I don't read The Times, but if they are the only paper to run with a story, I do not deny that it happened.

Well let's just cross our fingers and hope it's true......it would be by far the best news to come out since OMBC acquired Whitebank for us!

#33 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Salford stand is in storage and will not take long to erect following council approval.

3-4 year plan was publicised by the club but I like all of us would like to see improvement on and off the pitch sooner rather than later. It would lift moral of all to see something started.
One for all and all for the one

#34 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Agree entirely Rugbyman1, we all know the honeymoon period is over with Whitebank is over. Visible improvements would enthuse the fans again, and allow the momentum to start building to a better future for the club.

#35 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Agree entirely Rugbyman1, we all know the honeymoon period is over with Whitebank is over. Visible improvements would enthuse the fans again, and allow the momentum to start building to a better future for the club.

Here's an update from the club.
http://www.roughyeds...lans/#more-7674

#36 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Club chairman Hamilton said: “We have also been working with third-party organisations which have a big part to play in what we are trying to achieve. Things have happened, outside our control, to adversely affect the situation

i assume the "third party organisation" is salford?

if salford have donated this stand.........i'll never have a bad word said about salford again

OLDHAM RLFC

#37 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

i assume the "third party organisation" is salford?

if salford have donated this stand.........i'll never have a bad word said about salford again

They have donated the stand plus other items, I have actually seen some of the stand where its being held in storage, I think we may have had to chip in a bit of money towards the dismantling by the demolition company

#38 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

well yeah......thats just being cheeky if we had'nt have chipped in abit of money lol

OLDHAM RLFC

#39 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Couple of things, first of all the stand shown sits on level ground. So unless it;s going to be at the bottom, then there is going to need to be some levelling.

In fact, does anyone apart from me think that it would be prudent to level the entire pitch??

And secondly, it's ironic how Salford felt the only way forward was to move, yet it's an improvement for us to have their old stand.

Shows how far we have got to go to get to the top level.

#40 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

To me, priorty should be spent on levelling the surface and most importantly, improving the playing surface fit for professional sportsman. The surface is shambolic for sport at our level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users