50 replies to this topic

#41 roytonyed

roytonyed
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

To me, priorty should be spent on levelling the surface

Priority?

It doesn't seem to bother Batley nor did it used to us at Watersheddings.

#42 donquixote

donquixote
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Here's an update from the club.
http://www.roughyeds...lans/#more-7674

Lots of words: no information.
HOW MANY MORE TIMES!!

As for 'five years grace' b****cks. Can be settled by 'phoning the RFL

#43 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

HOW MANY MORE TIMES!!

Let us know how you get on!

#44 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

£80K to level the surface by the way.
One for all and all for the one

#45 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

HOW MANY MORE TIMES!!

Can also be settled by winning promotion.

#46 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Couple of things, first of all the stand shown sits on level ground. So unless it;s going to be at the bottom, then there is going to need to be some levelling.

In fact, does anyone apart from me think that it would be prudent to level the entire pitch??

And secondly, it's ironic how Salford felt the only way forward was to move, yet it's an improvement for us to have their old stand.

Shows how far we have got to go to get to the top level.

it was the newest stand at the willows,theres nothing wrong with it and theres certainly nothing old about it.

as for the pitch.....the whole site needs tidying up and leveling!!

Posted Image

Edited by roughyedspud, 10 November 2012 - 08:58 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#47 Roughyeds Return

Roughyeds Return
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Think this latest statement is really disappointing because it says nothing - no real explanations about the reasons for the delay. Tell us - we will understand then!

Supporters are getting seriously frustrated at the lack of progress at Whitebank. This gives no indication as to when things will progress - just another example of the mushroom principle in operation at the club.

COME ON OLDHAM!!!! COME ON OLDHAM!!!!!

#48 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Think this latest statement is really disappointing because it says nothing - no real explanations about the reasons for the delay. Tell us - we will understand then!

Supporters are getting seriously frustrated at the lack of progress at Whitebank. This gives no indication as to when things will progress - just another example of the mushroom principle in operation at the club.

I'm sorry it's not an example of mushroom principle at all. It's common prudent business practice.

You don't make business sensitive discussions and checks public in case it slows or scuppers the process.

It's common sense, not CH hiding anything.

why should he.

#49 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm sorry it's not an example of mushroom principle at all. It's common prudent business practice.

You don't make business sensitive discussions and checks public in case it slows or scuppers the process.

It's common sense, not CH hiding anything.

why should he.

So why heighten expectations by stating an October meeting date in the first instance? Obviously we shouldn't hold our breath....but not to worry apparently we have got 5 years grace from the RFL!

#50 donquixote

donquixote
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

The Whitebank fiasco is killing the club.

Just when a new, dynamic coaching team is in place and good progress is being made on the recrruitment of players the ground issue raises it's ugly head again.

Whitebank is a problem not a solution.

#51 roughyed

roughyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

This is just another way of saying there is no money for ground improvements who does C.H think he is kidding,the club have nothing and the council as I have said before will not put money into a club that does not let the supporters know what's happening.It is a third rate club with third rate management playing on a third rate ground all the talk in the world will not bring people back to watch a standard of rugby league slightly above conference level.You just have to do the maths to know that gates which will rarely exceed 300 is not enough to survive let alone pay coaches and players.To those who say doom and gloom again think about it,the only chance was missed last season when so many teams where promoted,but they chose to stick with management on the cheap instead of acting quickly to gain promotion.I really hope I am wrong and I will be the first to admit it on here but the figures just don't add up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users