• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Cant wait, lets get on board and start buying tickets

Just bought 5 tickets for the game at the Shay (Tonga v Italy)

Anyone else ?

#2 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Vicki and I have bought tickets for the World Cup Final. Will purchase more this weekend.

#3 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,120 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

my grandson and I have applied to be volunteers.
Really looking forward to it even if we don't get the gig.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

Not bought mine yet, need to have a look through the volunteer pack first and see what I want to do.

Only problem I have is that if I'm traveling all the way to one of the venues, I want to watch the match!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,876 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

Had a read through the Volunteer pack the other day, looks like it would be too much travelling for me to be able to volunteer, gutted as there are some really interesting roles in there. Hopefully they get a great uptake, it's a real chance for us fans to do our bit.

I haven't bought any tickets yet, gonna request a load for Christmas from the family and probably buy some each pay day from then.

#6 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

The volunteer thing interests me - what sort of roles are there? I remember the RLWC communications and marketing people mentioning it at a meeting, but I can't remember seeing anything online about it. There seems to be no mention on the RLWC website, for example.

I'm generally positive about it - looking forward to helping drive ticket sales in Bristol through relentless PR spam to local papers, radio stations etc etc.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#7 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

The volunteer thing interests me - what sort of roles are there? I remember the RLWC communications and marketing people mentioning it at a meeting, but I can't remember seeing anything online about it. There seems to be no mention on the RLWC website, for example.

I'm generally positive about it - looking forward to helping drive ticket sales in Bristol through relentless PR spam to local papers, radio stations etc etc.

There used to be something on the website, can't find it now though.

I think you're in the "Wales & South West" region
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

http://www.rlwc2013....rlwc_volunteers

#9 AuroraXIII

AuroraXIII
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Will get my first batch on pay day and then regularly after that. Can't wait personally.

#10 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Millenium, Bristol, Wembley and Final for me. Need to get tickets soonish.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#11 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

First look at PNG in the flesh. Can't wait.
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#12 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hopefully I'll get hold of tickets for Ireland v Australia at Limerick after I get paid. Would like to see something in Britain too, we shall see.

#13 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Cant Wait!

Going to Millenium (RLWC organisers got any sense would advertise this through six nations, on billboards for the general rugby fan create awareness but i doubt it)
Wales v Cook Islands in Neath
Semi-finals and final

BRING IT ON! :angry:

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,876 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Going to Millenium (RLWC organisers got any sense would advertise this through six nations, on billboards for the general rugby fan create awareness but i doubt it)

I wouldn't be surprised to see ads during the 6Nations - not necessarily billboards as it depends on costs, the last couple of Magic Weekends have been advertised at grounds which will be staging events, so I would expect there to be ads at Millenium Stadium at least.

We also saw ads during one of the biggest games of football last year Man City v Man Utd - the Magic Weekend ads were on the electronic boards round the pitch.

#15 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Sent for my tickets for the two Wrexham games.

#16 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

I will be going to as many games as humanly possible. A big retirement present for me. I have bought tickets to most games. The tickets for the games in Ireland and France are not on sale yet. Not a very well thought out procedure as Aus and NZ are involved and I am sure any travelling supporters will need to get their tickets asap, not to mention myself.

I have to get England, Italy and USA flags bought to wave in the games. I hope the whole tournament is a great success. Is there any news on the broadcast deals yet? Some terrestrial games are vital for UK wide exposure. If it is a success, it could put the game back in the sporting public's consciousness.

We need to showcase the tournament and make it a success before the country is subsumed by the union version to follow shortly after.

#17 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Damn, I've lost my list of matches I was going to get tickets for!

No idea what I'm off to see now...

#18 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Really looking forward to it. Will get to as many matches as possible. It's impossible to get to them all - I think there's a match in Bristol followed by one in France and then England up north. I've tried, but I can't see anyway that I could get to all of those. The risk of not getting back for the England match in time would be too much. Went to loads of matches in 2000, and several in 2008, but think this one should beat 2008, so long as it doesn't pee down with rain for the whole of October & November.

#19 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

New Zealand v PNG at shedingly?

Got to get me some of that!

#20 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

Cardiff, Wrexham, Neath and Manchester, Come on Wales.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users