RL World Cup - positive thread

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

tonga v scotland and scotland v italy at derwent park, workington. looking forward to watching the tongans.

#22 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

The first game of RL I ever attended was a World Cup match: Oz v GB in Sydney in 1975: 10-10 draw the result; as an 11-year-old, I was blown away by it.

I had to wait 30+ years (!!!) for my next chance to see a RLWC in Oz in 2008 ! I went to a few games at that event and I loved it.

If I were living in the UK I'd be going to every game I could ... may still come over for the World Cup if things fall the right way over here.

#23 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

tonga v scotland and scotland v italy at derwent park, workington. looking forward to watching the tongans.

Hoping to get to the Scotland games, although the Tonga game being on a Tuesday night is a bummer!

Always enjoy watching the Pacific Island teams playing, it annoys the hell out of me how neglected these and PNG are.

#24 Black Country Wire

Black Country Wire
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

In addition to the final, I've also booked group games at Neath and Leigh. Will probably add some more when I can afford to.

Last new RL ground (81): Covert Lane, Aylestone - Leicester v Sheffield Hallam 28/6/14

#25 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Bought for NZ v Samoa at Wire, and planning on Scotland v USA (Salford) and NZ v PNG (Headingley) and Wembley for the moment.
disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#26 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,091 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Bought for NZ v Samoa at Wire, and planning on Scotland v USA (Salford) and NZ v PNG (Headingley) and Wembley for the moment.

if I don't get the volunteers gig, then NZ PNG is on my list. See you there it's been a while!
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#27 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Bought a usa versus cook islands ticket today - love tickets being for sale so far in front, means i will definitely be able to attend quite a few games. Im aiming for all wales game, semi double header and final!
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#28 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Its a bu**er that none of the ko times are announced yet, so you can plan your travelling.
I'd love to do England v Ireland and Australia v Fiji on the same day, but don't know if its possible yet.

#29 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Its a bu**er that none of the ko times are announced yet, so you can plan your travelling.
I'd love to do England v Ireland and Australia v Fiji on the same day, but don't know if its possible yet.

I agree. Its pointless buying the tickets if you don t know if you can make both games. I guess they are waiting for the TV schedules and broadcasters to be finalised before they know the kickoff times but it s not helping anyone s advanced planning.

#30 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

So buy the one you definately want to watch, then the second when the times are announced?

#31 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

So buy the one you definately want to watch, then the second when the times are announced?

indeed. would be nice to know ko times, but not crucial at this stage with over 12m to go.

#32 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 858 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

I've got tickets for the Final and Semi-Finals. Will definitely be buying Cardiff, Neath and Bristol tickets soon and then perhaps Limerick, Wrexham, Northern games etc a little later. Also need to buy a new shirt and perhaps some other bits of merchandise pieces.

I'm generally positive about it - looking forward to helping drive ticket sales in Bristol through relentless PR spam to local papers, radio stations etc etc.

I don't know if you've thought of this but going into the
University Of Bristol,
University of the West of England,
University Of Bath and
Bath Spa University would be worth it.

At the end of each September each university have what is called 'Freshers Fayre' which is used to promote absolutely everything - various societies, companies, public services (the Police/Army) have stalls which as far as I know are free. All first year students and most other students visit these fayres and sign up for all sorts and buy all sorts and get given hundreds of thousands of leaflets!!

Co-ordinating a stall with the university Rugby League team at that particular university could be a great way of promoting the World Cup and even selling tickets. And generally with students it's much easier to get groups of 8+ as well because as soon as say 4 people say they're going than all their friends want to go as well!

On top of that universities have their newspapers which are often read by 10,000+ people. Just some food for thought.

#33 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

What do you two guys with knowledge of the game in the Bristol area think the attendance will likely be for the USA v Cook Island fixture.? I would be happy with 5,000 given the non heartland area and the lesser teams involved in the fixture but that is just speculation on my part as I have no local knowledge.

Are there any US military bases anywhere near who could be targetted as a likely source of support ?

#34 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

How are ticket sales progressing? Anyone with knowledge of ticket sales totals ? Or where we could see it as it progresses?

#35 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,854 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

Waiting for my club to get their ticket deals sorted, then will most likely going down with then and my teammates. Looking likely to be Millennium, KC, Galpharm, DW, Wembley, Old Trafford for me.

Posted Image

#36 Grinner

Grinner
  • Coach
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

Am in the process of rounding up variosu groups of freinds to arrange trips, but looks like Cardiff, Old Trafford and Limerick for me; Cardiff is looking popular amongst my mates so should be a good group of us there. I might also take in Scotland Italy at Workington and a maybe one of the quarter finals but will decide nearer the time, too much travelling just gets a bit too hectic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users