TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Ashall

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

Karl has signed for Halifax. Good luck to him he always gave his all playing for us.

#2 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Usefull player, didn't like being sat on bench, therfore can't understand moving to fax, strange one for me

#3 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

I think you will find he will be sat on the bench at Halifax.

#4 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

That is my exact point!

#5 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

No doubting his potential but for me we didn't see enough of it.

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

No doubting his potential but for me we didn't see enough of it.

I'd agree with that. He promised so much but delivered only occasionally.
Good luck to him nonetheless he definitely always gave his all

Edited by mark richardson, 13 October 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#7 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Sad to see Karl Ashall leave, but its not a surprise in light of the (understandable) disappointment that was etched all over him several times last season when hauled off the pitch after brief spells.

If anything he tried too hard at times. A very enthusiastic player with a lot of skill but in his keeness to burst out of Mark Smith's shadow, and with only small windows of time on the field to do it, he tended to be over-eager and take high risk options when they weren't called for.

Raised his game against Fax last season when up against Craig and must have caught Karl Harrison's eye. Sean Penkywicz has finally joined Leigh now, so there is a vacancy to be filled there for an inventive player in the middle. If Harrison can get him playing with greater assured confidence Karl Ashall might prove a few doubters wrong and really come of age at the Shay.

I'm sure Karl Ashall's presence has been a motivating factor for Mark Smith in the last couple of seasons and spelling the two of them has helped get the best out of Smith, so in my view the squad needs a direct replacement.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#8 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Sad to see Karl Ashall leave, but its not a surprise in light of the (understandable) disappointment that was etched all over him several times last season when hauled off the pitch after brief spells.

If anything he tried too hard at times. A very enthusiastic player with a lot of skill but in his keeness to burst out of Mark Smith's shadow, and with only small windows of time on the field to do it, he tended to be over-eager and take high risk options when they weren't called for.

Raised his game against Fax last season when up against Craig and must have caught Karl Harrison's eye. Sean Penkywicz has finally joined Leigh now, so there is a vacancy to be filled there for an inventive player in the middle. If Harrison can get him playing with greater assured confidence Karl Ashall might prove a few doubters wrong and really come of age at the Shay.

I'm sure Karl Ashall's presence has been a motivating factor for Mark Smith in the last couple of seasons and spelling the two of them has helped get the best out of Smith, so in my view the squad needs a direct replacement.

Isnt josh Barlow a hooker?

#9 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

I am gutted about Karl not signing he was one of my best players. Good luck to him at Halifax hope he does well.

#10 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

Isnt josh Barlow a hooker?

Don't know much about him, Steve McCormack appears to have in mind centre / back row.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.