Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

membership numbers

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

just wondering if someone could keep us up to date with membership numbers i realise its only early on in the procedings but all the same it would be interesting to see how numbers are stacking up thankyou

#2 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Two down on last season for a start. Family membership is for 2 adults and 2 kids, whereas I need it for 1 concession and 3 kids. The 2 youngest grandkids have other commitments and hardly ever come, but I always got them season tickets so they would feel part of the club. I believe they were counted in the attendance figures for every match, even when they didn't turn up, but since then I have turned 60 and can't afford to pay more than twice what it would cost me for myself (concession) and the eldest grandson (junior), so the Rovers could end up losing 2 potential future adult supporters.
I hope that I'm wrong, but I can't check in the brochure because every time I try to download it my computer freezes.

#3 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Two down on last season for a start. Family membership is for 2 adults and 2 kids, whereas I need it for 1 concession and 3 kids. The 2 youngest grandkids have other commitments and hardly ever come, but I always got them season tickets so they would feel part of the club. I believe they were counted in the attendance figures for every match, even when they didn't turn up, but since then I have turned 60 and can't afford to pay more than twice what it would cost me for myself (concession) and the eldest grandson (junior), so the Rovers could end up losing 2 potential future adult supporters.
I hope that I'm wrong, but I can't check in the brochure because every time I try to download it my computer freezes.

Steve,
Why not just buy one concession membership and 3 Buccaneer memberships? The 3 will cost you £105 plus whatever membership level you decide to buy? That should work out a lot cheaper than the family package. I'm at the shop today from 10 so give the office a ring if you want me to go through the options or give Veronica a ring in the week and we will sort out the best package for you

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Two down on last season for a start. Family membership is for 2 adults and 2 kids, whereas I need it for 1 concession and 3 kids.

Got to say, Family memberships leave me cold. If your family doesn't match the club's view, they're no good to you. Better to have a "build your own family ticket" with a quantity discount.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

How much did it cost last season for 1 concession and 3 kids compared to the £205 it would cost this season

#6 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Got to say, Family memberships leave me cold. If your family doesn't match the club's view, they're no good to you. Better to have a "build your own family ticket" with a quantity discount.

What gives you the impression that anyone gives a flying shiiiiite what you think

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

What gives you the impression that anyone gives a flying shiiiiite what you think

What makes you think I care ?

#8 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

In contemplative mood again I see :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#9 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Another ass wipe with far too much time on there hands that no one likes

Edited by LOWFIELD, 13 October 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#10 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

ayup suggy, thas in fine form. i'm gonna put mi tin hat on.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Ah - the welcoming face of Featherstone Rovers !! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

No wonder we only bring a taxi load to away games. <_<

#12 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Ah - the welcoming face of Featherstone Rovers !! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

No wonder we only bring a taxi load to away games. <_<

Who says i was on about you?

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Dearie me today.

#14 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

crikey guys all i want is to keep up with numbers if someone would be so kind not start world war blooody three

#15 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Steve,
Why not just buy one concession membership and 3 Buccaneer memberships? The 3 will cost you £105 plus whatever membership level you decide to buy? That should work out a lot cheaper than the family package. I'm at the shop today from 10 so give the office a ring if you want me to go through the options or give Veronica a ring in the week and we will sort out the best package for you

What I'm saying Phil is that it's not worth buying Buccaneer memberships for the youngest two because they hardly ever come due to other commitments on a Sunday. Last year I got the first two for a fiver and the third for a tenner. That was worthwhile for them to feel part of the club, but I can't afford to pay £70, so I won't renew. Is there still a package for 1 adult and 2 kids like last year? If so, there should be a package for 1 concession and 2 kids, otherwise this would be discrimination on grounds of age! Even if it's 2 and 2, concessions should be allowed in this package because it is possible to father a child over the age of 45!

#16 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Phil,
Do Buccaneer members still get free admission to away games?

#17 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

What I'm saying Phil is that it's not worth buying Buccaneer memberships for the youngest two because they hardly ever come due to other commitments on a Sunday. Last year I got the first two for a fiver and the third for a tenner. That was worthwhile for them to feel part of the club, but I can't afford to pay £70, so I won't renew. Is there still a package for 1 adult and 2 kids like last year? If so, there should be a package for 1 concession and 2 kids, otherwise this would be discrimination on grounds of age! Even if it's 2 and 2, concessions should be allowed in this package because it is possible to father a child over the age of 45!

As far as i know there isn't a package for 1 adult and 2 kids. I am only going on the information i have. As far as juniors getting into away games on the season ticket is concerned i am sure they can but i would confirm it with the club.As for 2 concession 2 kids again i would check with the club.

Edited by Phil Stone, 13 October 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#18 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Well I have got 3 wives and 14 kids and a Korean gardener! Now the gardener is only a small chap so I will get him a bucaneers membership, but i was hoping a family ticket word cover the rest pft!

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#19 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

Well I have got 3 wives and 14 kids and a Korean gardener! Now the gardener is only a small chap so I will get him a bucaneers membership, but i was hoping a family ticket word cover the rest pft!

I don't know about Korea, it looks like you have made a career of matrimony. Give it up you have no time to go to matches. Incidentally if your gardener is from North Korea I should watch my china.

#20 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

As far as i know there isn't a package for 1 adult and 2 kids. I am only going on the information i have. As far as juniors getting into away games on the season ticket is concerned i am sure they can but i would confirm it with the club.As for 2 concession 2 kids again i would check with the club.

Phil,
There was a package for 1 adult and 3 kids lat year, it cost me about £145 (whatever last years adult season ticket was) plus £5 each for the first two and £10 for the third, so I think it cost £165. If the club are not repeating this, I fear they will lose out in attendance numbers when they are trying to achieve the 2,500 average criteria, or have the goalposts moved again?
Regarding a family membership pack for the over 60's, I feel I need to contact the club on the grounds of age discrimination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users