Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

membership numbers

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

If people have an issue regarding the family ticket and they think there should be alternatives why not contact the club and ask the question you never know they might add it in as say one adult + two kids The people at the club are very approachable and do answer your questions

#22 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Phil,
There was a package for 1 adult and 3 kids lat year, it cost me about £145 (whatever last years adult season ticket was) plus £5 each for the first two and £10 for the third, so I think it cost £165. If the club are not repeating this, I fear they will lose out in attendance numbers when they are trying to achieve the 2,500 average criteria, or have the goalposts moved again?
Regarding a family membership pack for the over 60's, I feel I need to contact the club on the grounds of age discrimination.

Steve, You need to contact the club and speak to Craig. I am not employed by the club ,i only put out the information i'm given or know about to try and help fellow supporters so there is a limit to what i can tell you because the chances are i don't know any more than that. Craig is approachable so it's worth calling in to see him or giving him a ring and he'll be able to help you.

#23 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Im not sure the age discrimination stands in this instance. You could by the family package as it states nothing about age, and the club is not duty bound to give discounts to OAPs, you are buying an entertainment product and it is goodwill thing on behalf of sports clubs to give concessions same with some other things like cinema etc, but not sure currys would give you a tv cheap because your are older? Having said that Steve, Im sure the club can help you, it must be a nightmare covering all the permutations that could arise. Not sure why you would not just check with the club first though, before playing the discrimination card! Just my point of view like.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#24 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Ah - the welcoming face of Featherstone Rovers !! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

No wonder we only bring a taxi load to away games. <_<

Griff you only bring a taxi load full cos thats all you have...but hey a team like yours deserves more...a lot more;

#25 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Im not sure the age discrimination stands in this instance. You could by the family package as it states nothing about age, and the club is not duty bound to give discounts to OAPs, you are buying an entertainment product and it is goodwill thing on behalf of sports clubs to give concessions same with some other things like cinema etc, but not sure currys would give you a tv cheap because your are older? Having said that Steve, Im sure the club can help you, it must be a nightmare covering all the permutations that could arise. Not sure why you would not just check with the club first though, before playing the discrimination card! Just my point of view like.

I have e-mailed Craig Poskitt and await his reply, but it's not just about my membership requirements, it's about attracting new members, and I would have thought that grandparents bringing their grandkids needs to be encouraged more and more. Currys don't need to sell 2,500 TV's by 2014, and they don't have their competitors 8 miles along the A645 selling them 20% cheaper!

Edited by Steve Slater, 16 October 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#26 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Lets remember that as a club we are moving forward and with a bit of luck this membership is another step in the right direction Unfortunately it will not cover every situation and it look likes Steves is one of them I do think there could be different family tickets and yes I never thought about it at the membership launch as didn't anyone else that was there because Craig did ask if people had any comments on on the membership and everyone seemed positive about it

I would go with

Family pass 1 2 adults. 2 children
Family pass 2. 1 adult. 2 children
Family pass. 3. 2 adults 1 child
Family pass. 4. 1 adult. 1 child

Any additional child family pass price + £ 30

Just a thought this may attract more members and this is what we need

Edited by jt, 16 October 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#27 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

I wasn't at the membership launch JT due to family illness, but I suspect the only people there were fully committed supporters who would would automatically renew whatever the prices, but we have to think about the uncommitted supporters and the former fans we are trying to attract back. This year's deals don't seem as good as last year's and I fear it will be difficult to attract new members, especially after they have seen Wakefield's prices! Maybe some will be hoping for the mini-season ticket offer from last year where you could pay for just a few games, I think it was 6?

#28 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Edited by intheshed, 17 October 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#29 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

This years deals are a lot better than last and there is options for each individual I don't know how they compare to others but if we want to push to be the best we need to keep in line with the other top clubs in the league

#30 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

I think they have confused the issue a bit with the Gold Silver Bronze thing all we need is a full or half season ticket end of. I can see what the club is trying to do but all its done for me is to put me off, so I will pass this year and pay as I go.

#31 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

I'd applaud the innovation. B)

It's all about selling what the customer wants to buy. If any of the products prove unpopular, presumably they won't be offered next year.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#32 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

Why has it put you off bigjohn By the way not trying to start an arguement just interested

#33 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

I wish I could answer that one jt its just left me a bit cold, I hope the club sell loads. I will buy my grandsons like I always do. I don't get to all the games so its better if I pay for each match I think.

#34 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

i'll be in this week for my old codgers silver
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#35 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

I will be buying mine and youngens xmas time, every spare bit of cash iv got is going Rovers way, hopefully a few Sunday dinners in the new boxes as well

#36 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

I am buying one this year and don't normally bother because like most people I usually miss 2 games for holidays but the price of £159 before Oct 31st means I can miss 4 games and it's still worth unlike previous seasons when missing just 2games meant you lost out.

Just waiting for pay day tomorrow then I can order a "brick" whilst I am in the club shop .
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers