Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

car seats

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 heartofGold

heartofGold
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

My granddaughter is coming up to the nine month mark which means we need to change car seats. Anyone have any advice on where to get the best rear facing 9 months-4 years seats? My daughter is dead set on one having watched the safety videos. I think they are compulsory in most European countries but are not stocked anywhere here. They are about £250 online but I wondered if anyone has bought one anywhere else

Edited by heartofGold, 12 October 2012 - 08:16 PM.

oy shked helwa el horiya

#2 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,207 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

halfords
don't #### about, you know, I know and everybody knows they sell all the gear.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#3 heartofGold

heartofGold
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

halfords
don't #### about, you know, I know and everybody knows they sell all the gear.

The guy in Halfords was quite funny. He was clearly stumped and just kept saying "Hmm..........um..........errmmmm......I don't know what to suggest really.........have you tried Mothercare?"

oy shked helwa el horiya

#4 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,207 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

The guy in Halfords was quite funny. He was clearly stumped and just kept saying "Hmm..........um..........errmmmm......I don't know what to suggest really.........have you tried Mothercare?"

mothercare, the memories that refuse to go away. What have you done?
"yes luv it's a fantastic tommy tippie drinking cup, let's go andf look at mobiles. I'm so excited."
Keeping it local

#5 heartofGold

heartofGold
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

We don't go in there. The prices are ridiculous.

oy shked helwa el horiya

#6 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,207 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

We don't go in there. The prices are ridiculous.

mate the prices are the least of your worries
Keeping it local

#7 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,207 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

i hope this is of some use mate.

not sure how good an idea it is to buy stuff like this on line, but at least it's a guide

http://www.pramworld...CFbMftAodGQMAvQ
Keeping it local

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

I've nothing but utter contempt for the Halfords organisation. They sell a lot of gear, sure, but they're usually far more expensive than anywhere else and the staff, in my experience, are hopeless.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 heartofGold

heartofGold
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

I've nothing but utter contempt for the Halfords organisation. They sell a lot of gear, sure, but they're usually far more expensive than anywhere else and the staff, in my experience, are hopeless.

Well they are quite happy to sell you a seat that will ensure if your child is present when your car is involved in an accident they will likely have serious shoulder and neck injuries and are 90% more likely to die than if they were in a rear facing seat

oy shked helwa el horiya

#10 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,650 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

What? Isn't that a bit extreme?

Some seats performed very well in crashes, but were so difficult to install that our experts thought the risk of getting it wrong was too high. Others could be used in a range of modes, including forward-facing, where crash protection was not as good as the best forward-facing seats in front- and side-crashes. And some were straightforward to install and offered good protection in front- and side-crashes.

http://www.which.co....hild-car-seats

In fact, we let our granddaughter Rachel sit in the front of the car without a car seat. Is that wrong?

Edited by JohnM, 14 October 2012 - 09:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users