RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Skirlaugh v Leigh East

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#1 cheesecretary

cheesecretary
  • Coach
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Thoughts on East not turning up for game today, did not advise Skirlaugh until 2pm

#2 mynameisfred

mynameisfred
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Rumour has it leigh players are on a stag do this weekend? Maybe just coincidence?

#3 bullfrog

bullfrog
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Leigh East said confusion with bus booking, but why wait till 13:55 to advise Skirlaugh. Will the points now go to Skirlaugh, they should do.
Also will Skirlaugh be compensated for the all the food they had prepared and extra bar staff they had got in ??

#4 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Disgraceful, totally disgraceful, this should act as Leighs resignation from the league

#5 mynameisfred

mynameisfred
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Game now arranged for next weekend...

#6 mynameisfred

mynameisfred
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

As for the food am sure Penrose won't see it go to waste ;)

Edited by mynameisfred, 13 October 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#7 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Surely that can't be right fred, they haven't fulfilled their fixture are you guessing it's to be played next week? It would have been nice for Skirlaugh to win and stay up but with leigh East not turning up for whatever reasons that's not Skirlaughs fault, the NCL will once again be a laughing stock if they back down on this one after weilding the big stick to some clubs in the past. INCLUDING SKIRLAUGH!

#8 mynameisfred

mynameisfred
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Confirmed that game be next week. Was suggested game be played 2moro but for what ever reason this was not possible. Will have to wait and see the official response from Leigh and NCL but are we really surprised.

#9 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

I think the NCL rules are a minimum £500 fine plus relegation, and the game still has to be played. So regardless of whether they win or lose next week they should be relegated. They will also have to re-apply for membership, so hopefully they have a good reason for not going to Hull.

Welcome to division one!

#10 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Think we should wait for the official explanation from the Ncl before deciding easts fate . If the explanation is not good enough then east will have to except the punishment and that will be a sad day for the club . Last time we didn't fullfill a fixture was 23 years ago

#11 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Fielded a second team and won easily,

#12 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Just out of curiosity Mr Chairman what was the reason, lets be honest nobody wants to see you or any other club relegated by default,

Edited by hairywombat, 13 October 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#13 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

I think the NCL rules are a minimum £500 fine plus relegation, and the game still has to be played. So regardless of whether they win or lose next week they should be relegated. They will also have to re-apply for membership, so hopefully they have a good reason for not going to Hull.

Welcome to division one!

What if it's just a simple thing like a coach not turning up?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#14 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

you wouldnt wait till 13.55 to ring would you, we normally set off there at 10am

#15 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

To be very honest I don't know as I'm no longer involved at the club , spoke to a few players and they said they recirved a text from the coach saying , due to transport difficulties the match as been called off . If that is the reason then the club is not at fault and I'm sure the Ncl will have been in touch with the coach company . Like I said let's wait and see. If east are guilty then the book should be thrown at them quite firmly

#16 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

I can't see there being anything to sinister afoot , and as they say It'll all come out in the wash and the game will get played next weekend .

#17 ipods4ever

ipods4ever
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

they have run of money for players and now for the coach firm

#18 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

I can't see there being anything to sinister afoot , and as they say It'll all come out in the wash and the game will get played next weekend .

Why nothing sinister Cantona, you suggested Dockers and East Hull were at it!

#19 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Why nothing sinister Cantona, you suggested Dockers and East Hull were at it!

Not quite Wombat , I was commenting on a conversation I had with someone who predicted that result .

As for anything sinister Skirlaugh and Leigh East will sort it out who goes down next week on the pitch as it should be .

#20 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Don't all secretaries confirm times with the bus company the week preceeding the away trip? The company we use always sends an email to the secretary asking him to confirm the time leaving the club. Mr Chairman - if the lads were sent a text to say the game was cancelled, then Easts must have known quite early in the day, and certainly before the lads turned up at the club. So to not ring Skirlaugh until 13.55 hrs is a bit much.

I think we would have frantically rang around to get a couple of mini buses plus a few of our own cars - in the very unlikely event that it happened to us!! Better to have a late kick-off than not at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users