Skirlaugh v Leigh East

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#21 natwest

natwest
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Thoughts on East not turning up for game today, did not advise Skirlaugh until 2pm

Don't know who you are cheesecretary but how did you know the game was off, your post was at 1 24pm and Skirlaugh did not find out until 30 min's after you had left your post

#22 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

And to be honest that's how it should be decided on the pitch . Don't think east are worried about going down as we have been there before . The young talent emerging at Leigh east is frightening . Still a great club with a great structure with 3 open age teams and teams at every age group . A well run club that as had huge changes . New committee , new coaches , new players , it does take a while to implement new ideas . I know because it took 5 years on the last changes of that magnitude . Of course some people will take great pleasure at our demise this season but east will take one step back and go two forward . Just look at some of our wins , sidall away . My ton away all with a bunch of kids in the team

#23 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Cant be that well run if they forgot to order a bus, forgot to ring Skirlaugh

the lads didnt forget the stag do did they?

Edited by TheDuke, 13 October 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#24 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Don't know who you are cheesecretary but how did you know the game was off, your post was at 1 24pm and Skirlaugh did not find out until 30 min's after you had left your post

It's 2:24pm where I'm sat - is your forum clock on GMT?

#25 natwest

natwest
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Surely that can't be right fred, they haven't fulfilled their fixture are you guessing it's to be played next week? It would have been nice for Skirlaugh to win and stay up but with leigh East not turning up for whatever reasons that's not Skirlaughs fault, the NCL will once again be a laughing stock if they back down on this one after weilding the big stick to some clubs in the past. INCLUDING SKIRLAUGH!

8 Years ago Skirlaugh were fined £750 and 4 points deducted for not fulfilling a play off fixture against West Hull after giving 7 days notice. It was Challenge Cup Final weekend in London ( SINCE THEN THERE HAVE BEEN NO FIXTURES ON THAT WEEKEND ) ?????

#26 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Cant be that well run if they forgot to order a bus, forgot to ring Skirlaugh

the lads didnt forget the stag do did they?

Are you 100% sure it was the clubs fault or was it the coach company, no players were on a stag do 100% true. If Leigh east are at fault then I'm sure they will take the punishment . The club as not run away from its obligations for over 30 yrs why would they now . Is your club run any better duke???????????

#27 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

As previously stated we faced the music when we didnt fullfil a fixture with a weeks notice (on cup final day)

I am sure if the boot was on the other foot the people at Leigh would be livid

#28 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

8 Years ago Skirlaugh were fined £750 and 4 points deducted for not fulfilling a play off fixture against West Hull after giving 7 days notice. It was Challenge Cup Final weekend in London ( SINCE THEN THERE HAVE BEEN NO FIXTURES ON THAT WEEKEND ) ?????

This is not an excuse but a new committee was formed 12 months ago and some on that committee were inexperienced and were thrown in at the deep end . They have spent many unpaid hours trying to get the job done , maybe the secretary failed to book the bus , I don't know . If that person did not book the bus then east will accept the blame and support that perso not criticise them , that's the kind of club they are , unlike some on this forum

#29 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

As previously stated we faced the music when we didnt fullfil a fixture with a weeks notice (on cup final day)

I am sure if the boot was on the other foot the people at Leigh would be livid

But that's hyperthetical and not fact . It as happened to our club on many occasions at different levels but some statements on here are too extreme at this moment . I'm sure the truth will come out and only then can judgement be made , just like it did when you did not fulfilled a fixture

#30 Dwain Pipe

Dwain Pipe
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Disgrace!

#31 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Coaches booked by Leigh East This Weekend
Sat 1st team Skirlaugh
3rd Team Blackpool

Sun
U18's West Hull
East Ladies Finals at Widnes

3rds couldn't raise a team, coach cancelled.

Somewhere along the line communications cocked up and the coach didn't arrive for the first team.

#32 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

There you go everyone

#33 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

As long as the game gets played next week then that should be the end of the matter , once the game has been played then the relegation card will be dealt to either one of the decent clubs involved .

But the decision will be decided on the pitch , just as it should be .

Good luck to both Skirlaugh and Leigh East for next weekend .

#34 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

if the players turned up why wouldnt they go in cars? considering the consequences for not turning up im sure as a last resort they would have simply drove them selfs their,
the rumour i herd they only had 9 players,

anyway they are not the first club to take the p--s out of the NCL committee and im sure they will not be the last, good luck to East next week i hope you stay up,

#35 Sparks

Sparks
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

The Leigh Miners players knew all about it when they got off the bus at Myton on Saturday. They were quite open in telling everybody that the Leigh East players were away on a stag doo and that was before the time Leigh East phoned Skirlaugh.

Mr Chairman & TerryG, how can a post saying that the bus was booked, prove the clubs innocents? the issue is not whether a bus was booked, the issue is what happened when the club found out the bus wasn't coming!

it seems convenient that no other bus could be arranged. many clubs have had buses breakdown on route to games and the bus company sends out a replacement bus and the team wait for that and then travel on with the ko being put back. why couldnt your bus company react when you rang them? we couldnt arrangements be made to go in cars? surely if your club is so well run and has a 30 year pride in fulfilling every fixture, you could have tried a but harder to carry that on ! ...... seems a bit suspicious to me ....

lastly, there is no excuse for the timing of the phone call to skirlaugh. if the players were notified by text it means you knew before the meeting time. for an 2.30ko, you arrive at 1.30pm. its 2.5 hours from leigh to hull (with a short stop) so that mean the bus would have been booked to leave 11am. the question is if your players were told before 11am, why werent skirlaugh? is it because they would have asked why alternative arrangement arent being made?

mr chairman, i know you are trying to standup for the club but the story that leigh east is putting forward has more holes in it than trevor penrose's underpants! no matter what is posted on here, EVERYONE knows that your players were away and you have tried to pull a fast one! the injustice is that it looks like youve got away with it when other teams, Skirlaugh being the main one that comes to mind, have been shafted for doing much less.

#36 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

The Leigh Miners players knew all about it when they got off the bus at Myton on Saturday. They were quite open in telling everybody that the Leigh East players were away on a stag doo and that was before the time Leigh East phoned Skirlaugh.

Mr Chairman & TerryG, how can a post saying that the bus was booked, prove the clubs innocents? the issue is not whether a bus was booked, the issue is what happened when the club found out the bus wasn't coming!

it seems convenient that no other bus could be arranged. many clubs have had buses breakdown on route to games and the bus company sends out a replacement bus and the team wait for that and then travel on with the ko being put back. why couldnt your bus company react when you rang them? we couldnt arrangements be made to go in cars? surely if your club is so well run and has a 30 year pride in fulfilling every fixture, you could have tried a but harder to carry that on ! ...... seems a bit suspicious to me ....

lastly, there is no excuse for the timing of the phone call to skirlaugh. if the players were notified by text it means you knew before the meeting time. for an 2.30ko, you arrive at 1.30pm. its 2.5 hours from leigh to hull (with a short stop) so that mean the bus would have been booked to leave 11am. the question is if your players were told before 11am, why werent skirlaugh? is it because they would have asked why alternative arrangement arent being made?

mr chairman, i know you are trying to standup for the club but the story that leigh east is putting forward has more holes in it than trevor penrose's underpants! no matter what is posted on here, EVERYONE knows that your players were away and you have tried to pull a fast one! the injustice is that it looks like youve got away with it when other teams, Skirlaugh being the main one that comes to mind, have been shafted for doing much less.

Why do you say it looks like they've got away with it? They will have to face the NCL Management committee - and the match would have to be scheduled again anyway. I don't think they'll get away with it - just like other clubs in the past haven't.

#37 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

it seems convenient that no other bus could be arranged. many clubs have had buses breakdown on route to games and the bus company sends out a replacement bus and the team wait for that and then travel on with the ko being put back.

All well and good Sparks in fairy land but in the real world to send a replacement bus ( if they any ) they're going to need a spare PCV driver to take your spare bus out .

Now I don't know how many how many spare PCV drivers you've got hanging round your house but there's only one in mine ME !!! , and I hadn't been on a stag do .

#38 Sparks

Sparks
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

if thats the case then cantona, no problem, they ring Skirlaugh at 11am but they didnt because skirlaugh would have offered to put the kick off back an hour or two to give them time to arrange another means of transport. but that would have been no good as THEY DIDN'T HAVE A TEAM so they waited until 1.55pm, while Skirlaugh were out on the pitch warming up to say the bus hadnt turned up.
like i said before, nobody believes the bus story and i hope they get docked the points and go down. i doubt that they will though as i here that they are threatening to drop out of the NCL and join the NWC league if they do.

#39 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

if thats the case then cantona, no problem, they ring Skirlaugh at 11am but they didnt because skirlaugh would have offered to put the kick off back an hour or two to give them time to arrange another means of transport. but that would have been no good as THEY DIDN'T HAVE A TEAM so they waited until 1.55pm, while Skirlaugh were out on the pitch warming up to say the bus hadnt turned up.
like i said before, nobody believes the bus story and i hope they get docked the points and go down. i doubt that they will though as i here that they are threatening to drop out of the NCL and join the NWC league if they do.

I take it you where at Salt End
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#40 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Of course I will always defend the club I love and let me say this . I know as much as you guys , I was waiting for the result and was shocked to find out we had not travelled . Today I have done some digging and from what I have been told from reliable sources the bus was cancelled on Friday morning . Not saying its true but I believe that person who told me . I spoke with Gary grainy the coach today and he said he had a team to travel and was told no coach was available . If east cancelled the bus on Friday morning they should be thrown out of the league and the committee or the person who made that decision should resign. I cannot defend people who are dishonest and seeing my club in this position is upsetting . I might also say Peter Moran knows the coach company and was told he knew about it , Peter might put this one to bed if its true . My next phone call is to our coach driver who is a relative of mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users