RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Skirlaugh v Leigh East

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#41 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Of course I will always defend the club I love and let me say this . I know as much as you guys , I was waiting for the result and was shocked to find out we had not travelled . Today I have done some digging and from what I have been told from reliable sources the bus was cancelled on Friday morning . Not saying its true but I believe that person who told me . I spoke with Gary grainy the coach today and he said he had a team to travel and was told no coach was available . If east cancelled the bus on Friday morning they should be thrown out of the league and the committee or the person who made that decision should resign. I cannot defend people who are dishonest and seeing my club in this position is upsetting . I might also say Peter Moran knows the coach company and was told he knew about it , Peter might put this one to bed if its true . My next phone call is to our coach driver who is a relative of mine.

Could the coach company have got mixed up with the cancellation of the coach for the 3rd team?

Only saying because I've had similar happen to me when I've been dealing with hiring plant.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#42 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Could the coach company have got mixed up with the cancellation of the coach for the 3rd team?

Only saying because I've had similar happen to me when I've been dealing with hiring plant.

but why did some players know before . Got told one of our players rang a west hull player up and told him we weren't coming . I really hope everything I have been told today is not true but I live in a real world of honest people

#43 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

The Leigh Miners players knew all about it when they got off the bus at Myton on Saturday. They were quite open in telling everybody that the Leigh East players were away on a stag doo and that was before the time Leigh East phoned Skirlaugh.

Mr Chairman & TerryG, how can a post saying that the bus was booked, prove the clubs innocents? the issue is not whether a bus was booked, the issue is what happened when the club found out the bus wasn't coming!

it seems convenient that no other bus could be arranged. many clubs have had buses breakdown on route to games and the bus company sends out a replacement bus and the team wait for that and then travel on with the ko being put back. why couldnt your bus company react when you rang them? we couldnt arrangements be made to go in cars? surely if your club is so well run and has a 30 year pride in fulfilling every fixture, you could have tried a but harder to carry that on ! ...... seems a bit suspicious to me ....

lastly, there is no excuse for the timing of the phone call to skirlaugh. if the players were notified by text it means you knew before the meeting time. for an 2.30ko, you arrive at 1.30pm. its 2.5 hours from leigh to hull (with a short stop) so that mean the bus would have been booked to leave 11am. the question is if your players were told before 11am, why werent skirlaugh? is it because they would have asked why alternative arrangement arent being made?

mr chairman, i know you are trying to standup for the club but the story that leigh east is putting forward has more holes in it than trevor penrose's underpants! no matter what is posted on here, EVERYONE knows that your players were away and you have tried to pull a fast one! the injustice is that it looks like youve got away with it when other teams, Skirlaugh being the main one that comes to mind, have been shafted for doing much less.

The same happened last year when BDH did not travel to WBH and Egremont missed a fixture to go to the Grand finale AND NOTHING HAPPENED TO THEM so get off EAST'S BACK

#44 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Why not go in cars?

#45 bullet catcher

bullet catcher
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Why should they get off easts back if they pusposely dont forfill a fixture because they no they have no chance of winning with a depleated team they desurve the book throwing at them

#46 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Why should they get off easts back if they pusposely dont forfill a fixture because they no they have no chance of winning with a depleated team they desurve the book throwing at them

It's not yours or my decision as to throwing the book at them it's the Ncl who will determine how hard and when the book will be thrown . The Ncl might be awaiting the result on Saturday . They could still be relegated or thrown out of the league if east win on Saturday , do they know something we don't

#47 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

To be honest , we lost a great stalwart of east this weekend in Keith Edwards who passed away Sunday morning and another great east volunteer Chris king who suffered a stroke a while back travelled to widnes on Sunday to watch his women's team lift the grand final trophy . Just about puts it all into perspective doesn't it . It's not all about Ncl rugby is it . RIP and god bless Keith and well done to Chris the bravest of them all

#48 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Why not go in cars?

Maybe the lads walked to the clubhouse or got dropped off by a loved one.

It seems both clubs have arranged to play the game so whats the big deal.

#49 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

The Leigh Miners players knew all about it when they got off the bus at Myton on Saturday. They were quite open in telling everybody that the Leigh East players were away on a stag doo and that was before the time Leigh East phoned Skirlaugh.

Mr Chairman & TerryG, how can a post saying that the bus was booked, prove the clubs innocents? the issue is not whether a bus was booked, the issue is what happened when the club found out the bus wasn't coming!

it seems convenient that no other bus could be arranged. many clubs have had buses breakdown on route to games and the bus company sends out a replacement bus and the team wait for that and then travel on with the ko being put back. why couldnt your bus company react when you rang them? we couldnt arrangements be made to go in cars? surely if your club is so well run and has a 30 year pride in fulfilling every fixture, you could have tried a but harder to carry that on ! ...... seems a bit suspicious to me ....

lastly, there is no excuse for the timing of the phone call to skirlaugh. if the players were notified by text it means you knew before the meeting time. for an 2.30ko, you arrive at 1.30pm. its 2.5 hours from leigh to hull (with a short stop) so that mean the bus would have been booked to leave 11am. the question is if your players were told before 11am, why werent skirlaugh? is it because they would have asked why alternative arrangement arent being made?

mr chairman, i know you are trying to standup for the club but the story that leigh east is putting forward has more holes in it than trevor penrose's underpants! no matter what is posted on here, EVERYONE knows that your players were away and you have tried to pull a fast one! the injustice is that it looks like youve got away with it when other teams, Skirlaugh being the main one that comes to mind, have been shafted for doing much less.

As a so called respected journalist for a so called respected rugby league journal, i find your comments rather insulting.
Without knowing the exact facts you should stay well out of it and report on the incident when the fact come out.
This is not the first time youve written dribble about clubs and players so keep your comments to your self PLEASE untli you know the facts.

Your nearly as bad as Phil(The winter)Hodgson

#50 natwest

natwest
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

Maybe the lads walked to the clubhouse or got dropped off by a loved one.

It seems both clubs have arranged to play the game so whats the big deal.

Both clubs havn't arranged to play the game. The NCL or to be more correct Trevor Hunt TOLD the Skirlaugh secretary at 3.00pm last Saturday that the game will be played next Saturday without consulting any of his fellow committee Trevor Hunt made the decision not the two clubs Typical Lancashire cover-up

#51 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

As I said before what happened to BDH and Egremont last year when they didn't turn up for a fixture ??? It looks like people want to kick Easts when are down !!!

#52 bullfrog

bullfrog
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

As I said before what happened to BDH and Egremont last year when they didn't turn up for a fixture ??? It looks like people want to kick Easts when are down !!!

I do not think it is a case of kicking Easts when they are down. The main question is why did they inform Skirlaugh at 13:55 when they must have known mid morning they were not coming to Hull (for whatever reason). This late cancellation was unacceptable, an early phone call should have been made. I see no one has yet give a reason for the very very late call.

Edited by bullfrog, 16 October 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#53 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

Both clubs havn't arranged to play the game. The NCL or to be more correct Trevor Hunt TOLD the Skirlaugh secretary at 3.00pm last Saturday that the game will be played next Saturday without consulting any of his fellow committee Trevor Hunt made the decision not the two clubs Typical Lancashire cover-up

Wouldn't the players sooner play the game than collect an 24 - 0 win in the bar?

#54 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

I do not think it is a case of kicking Easts when they are down. The main question is why did they inform Skirlaugh at 13:55 when they must have known mid morning they were not coming to Hull (for whatever reason). This late cancellation was unacceptable, an early phone call should have been made. I see no one has yet give a reason for the very very late call.

If you've ever been in this position you will know that your time could been taken up chasing the coach firm, Easts could have been chasing a NCL committee person, did they try and fail to make contact with West Hull so that they could let Skirlaugh know ;) etc, the list is endless and breakdown in communications happen.

#55 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

I have always found that an NCL rep is available by phone whenever i have contacted them on a saturday.
Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#56 Sparks

Sparks
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Bullfrog you are eactly right. Based on the information provided by Mr Chairman, the people at Leigh East had 3 hours (at the minimum) to notify Skirlaugh that they wouldn't be coming. However busy they were with the bus company or with committee member of the NCL, they had plenty of time to ring Skirlaugh.

However well run Leigh East used to be while you were involved Mr Chairman, it is obviously not that well run now!

#57 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Bullfrog you are eactly right. Based on the information provided by Mr Chairman, the people at Leigh East had 3 hours (at the minimum) to notify Skirlaugh that they wouldn't be coming. However busy they were with the bus company or with committee member of the NCL, they had plenty of time to ring Skirlaugh.

However well run Leigh East used to be while you were involved Mr Chairman, it is obviously not that well run now!

Well could it just come down to putting off that dreaded phone call and the major problem at one of the amateur games biggest clubs just happens to be the switch to summer and not the committee.

#58 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Well could it just come down to putting off that dreaded phone call and the major problem at one of the amateur games biggest clubs just happens to be the switch to summer and not the committee.

hahaha......of course, summer rugby is to blame........ :blink:

#59 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

hahaha......of course, summer rugby is to blame........ :blink:

More than Easts been having problems and I don't have a clue how these will be overcome without a lot of players getting a divorce.

#60 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

Absolute rubbish. Not everything is down to your hatred from the Summer months you know.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users