Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Skirlaugh v Leigh East

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#61 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

As a so called respected journalist for a so called respected rugby league journal, i find your comments rather insulting.
Without knowing the exact facts you should stay well out of it and report on the incident when the fact come out.
This is not the first time youve written dribble about clubs and players so keep your comments to your self PLEASE untli you know the facts.

Your nearly as bad as Phil(The winter)Hodgson

Sparks is not Ryan Sparks.

Ryan has an account on here under the name of RyanSparks that he has occasionally used to post on here. If you use the search bar at the top and enter Sparks and then change it from Topics to Members it brings up 3 results Sparks, RyanSparks and sparks1.

A case of 2+2=5 there Longman

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#62 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Sparks is not Ryan Sparks.

Ryan has an account on here under the name of RyanSparks that he has occasionally used to post on here. If you use the search bar at the top and enter Sparks and then change it from Topics to Members it brings up 3 results Sparks, RyanSparks and sparks1.

A case of 2+2=5 there Longman

I stand corrected.
I probably was a bit too quick with my response.

However who ever he is and to all the other knockers, they should get creditable facts before they start their smeer mongery.
Let the powers to be at the NCL sort it out.

#63 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Maybe the lads walked to the clubhouse or got dropped off by a loved one.

It seems both clubs have arranged to play the game so whats the big deal.

no big deal i just think it will open the flood gates now when team can not feild a strong team, one rule for one and one rule for another its seams reading some of the post on here

#64 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Absolute rubbish. Not everything is down to your hatred from the Summer months you know.

your correct, not everyone is against summer, only 95% :rolleyes:

#65 sergei bubka

sergei bubka
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

there is a lot about this story that doesnt stack up to me.

east would havebooked the bus for 11am at the latest (allow a bit of tie for paniking when it doesnt arrive and then phoning the bus company to see what has gone on) they would have known what the situation was at 11.45am latest.

for me any ncl club worth there salt would have contact the opposition and explained the problem to the opposition and league. fearing the repercussions any club would then have scrambled around to get enough cars to get players and kit up to hull for a possibly delayed kick off. what they would have to shell out in petrol would be less than the cost of the coach. the fact they havent done any of this leads me to be very suspicious that it was a little more planned. id like to be worng but if the ncl doesnt throw the book at them it will leave them wide open to similar thinks happening again
GREASE MY POLE!

#66 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Absolute rubbish. Not everything is down to your hatred from the Summer months you know.

My hatred of the summer game stopped a club 90 miles away from travelling :o

With all your powers of gaining 2nd hand info within the game you find the real reason why Easts never travelled, please also ask why that situation developed at such a well run club.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#67 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

My hatred of the summer game stopped a club 90 miles away from travelling :o

With all your powers of gaining 2nd hand info within the game you find the real reason why Easts never travelled, please also ask why that situation developed at such a well run club.

I've no idea why, but then I'm not the one speculating.
Posted Image

#68 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

there is a lot about this story that doesnt stack up to me.

east would havebooked the bus for 11am at the latest (allow a bit of tie for paniking when it doesnt arrive and then phoning the bus company to see what has gone on) they would have known what the situation was at 11.45am latest.

for me any ncl club worth there salt would have contact the opposition and explained the problem to the opposition and league. fearing the repercussions any club would then have scrambled around to get enough cars to get players and kit up to hull for a possibly delayed kick off. what they would have to shell out in petrol would be less than the cost of the coach. the fact they havent done any of this leads me to be very suspicious that it was a little more planned. id like to be worng but if the ncl doesnt throw the book at them it will leave them wide open to similar thinks happening again

I'm with you on this Sergei!

#69 bullet catcher

bullet catcher
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

As I said before what happened to BDH and Egremont last year when they didn't turn up for a fixture ??? It looks like people want to kick Easts when are down !!!

#70 bullet catcher

bullet catcher
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Nothing to do with kicking them while they are down it just gets to me that if it was for the reason that is being sugested that they couldnt field a strong enough team to have a chance of winning how many clubs this year been a prime example have gone away with short numbers and under 18 making up the numbers knowing full well there going to get tonked so why should they get away with it? Its not a witch hunt but we have all been on the end of bad loses because of depleted teams thats why people are anoyed

#71 bullet catcher

bullet catcher
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Nothing to do with kicking them while they are down it just gets to me that if it was for the reason that is being sugested that they couldnt field a strong enough team to have a chance of winning how many clubs this year been a prime example have gone away with short numbers and under 18 making up the numbers knowing full well there going to get tonked so why should they get away with it? Its not a witch hunt but we have all been on the end of bad loses because of depleted teams thats why people are anoyed

#72 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

I've no idea why, but then I'm not the one speculating.

Hatred of the summer game?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#73 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

From what I'm told the Ncl will relegate or throw east out of the league win or lose on Saturday . If that's right then shame on the Ncl for letting the players travel on Saturday . Not the players fault and poor decision making from the Ncl if true. These lads have families and work commitments so why not just make the decision now

#74 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

From what I'm told the Ncl will relegate or throw east out of the league win or lose on Saturday . If that's right then shame on the Ncl for letting the players travel on Saturday . Not the players fault and poor decision making from the Ncl if true. These lads have families and work commitments so why not just make the decision now

It is the rules! The league cannot expel Leigh East but if the explanation given to the NCL is deemed unsatisfactory then they are automatically relegated, docked 2 league points and fined up to £500. If they do not play the remaining fixture and fail to complete their programme of fixtures then would be fined a further £500. It is not as simple as just giving a team the 2 points. I am aware in this case that it doesn't affect anything else but if Skirlaugh were a point behind Oulton and were just handed the points for a game they could have lost then this would rightfully cause uproar. The NCL is as good as it is for a reason - the fact that these standards are in place to protect the integrity of the competition and the interests of ALL of the member clubs.

OP1.30 Points will not be awarded to Clubs for any reason and all scheduled games shall be played

OP1.21 Any Club failing to fulfil a League or Grand Final Series Play Off fixture without an explanation which satisfies the Management Committee may, in addition to being relegated from its respective division at the conclusion of the playing season, be fined up to £500.

OP1.22 The Management Committee shall impose upon that Club the deduction from its playing record of two League points and in the case of a club having failed a League fixture and completion of its programme, a further £500 will apply.

#75 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Peter Moran and his committee have all the facts I'm told and are holding them back just to get this game played as per rules as you say but for gods sake tell the club what's going to happen to them then maybe a lot of kids don't need to play in a meaningless game . East could then send the second team . The result does not effect any other club so your phrase regarding oulton is hyperthetiical

Edited by mr chairman, 16 October 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#76 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Sorry Keith i think you are wrong ,East should send the strongest Team possible and play the game in the true spirit of the sport.
Anything less devalues the competition and would further damage Leigh East reputation.

The fact is East failed to travel pure and simple ,had the boot been on the other foot Keith i,m sure your club would expect the NCL to administer the rules accordingly.

#77 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

Peter Moran and his committee have all the facts I'm told and are holding them back just to get this game played as per rules as you say but for gods sake tell the club what's going to happen to them then maybe a lot of kids don't need to play in a meaningless game . East could then send the second team . The result does not effect any other club so your phrase regarding oulton is hyperthetiical

So what you're saying is that you want the NCL to rush a judgement through. This will obviously have to be dealt with at a disciplinary hearing, i'm sure it will be on the agenda the next time there is one. This gives all parties the time to present all of the facts, either in writing or in person.

You say it doesn't affect any other club but it does affect Skirlaugh massively, if they rule that East weren't at fault then Skirlaugh are going to feel massively aggreived as they are completely innocent in the whole thing, this would be a distraction to their preparations for what at this stage is still a huge game.

If a judgement had been rushed through one way or another there would be an outcry from either Skirlaugh or East. This way the game will be played as it should have been last weekend with both sides in the mindset that it is (or now could potentially be) a relegation decider. This is the best way to protect Skirlaugh's interests and the integrity of the competition in my opinion.

Edited by thestatman, 17 October 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#78 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

Keith are you saying that its ok for your 2nd team to travel for this "meaningless" game but pointless for the 1st team?

#79 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Keith are you saying that its ok for your 2nd team to travel for this "meaningless" game but pointless for the 1st team?

Perhaps the first team will be at a wedding which follows on from the stag-do last weekend? :rolleyes:

#80 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

I'm surprised at the madness of this statement!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users