RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Skirlaugh v Leigh East

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#81 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

From what I'm told the Ncl will relegate or throw east out of the league win or lose on Saturday . If that's right then shame on the Ncl for letting the players travel on Saturday . Not the players fault and poor decision making from the Ncl if true. These lads have families and work commitments so why not just make the decision now

When Hunslet Warriors were thrown out of the NCL they had to play thier final eleven games to complete the season after been told thier fate.

#82 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

When Hunslet Warriors were thrown out of the NCL they had to play thier final eleven games to complete the season after been told thier fate.

Can you imagine what THAT took, and how easy it would have been to not have bothered! Hats off to the Warriors though - they paid the price and then came back even stronger.

#83 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Mr Chairman over the years you have contributed to this forum with very sensible views which I have always enjoyed, but please don't start blaming anyone else for your troubles,
just take what's coming and accept it, You more than most know that all fixtures have to be played, and any decent club would always send their strongest team available. Like Samsung said
that statement was crazy coming from you.

#84 Iancricket

Iancricket
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'm surprised at the madness of this statement!

#85 Iancricket

Iancricket
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Can we not all just wait for the facts to come out before casting judgement on anyone/anybody

#86 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Just saying that the Ncl know all the facts and win or lose east will be relegated . I'm not hiding anything east should pay a heavy penalty for not travelling to skirlaugh after what i have heard ,all I was trying to say was that east will be playing a lot of kids some 17 yrs of age just. If I was still chairman I would not want our talented kids playing in that game it's a pepper pot of a game and I would send our very good and experienced second team. But I ain't the chairman and will not defend who is at fault at Leigh east . But I do have an opinion and the players at east are not at fault for this very embarrassing situation . Skirlaugh deserve to stay up no problem .
Taxi egg or mick , my reply to you is yes I would be disappointed at the present situation but at the moment east have a heavy injury list and the talented u/18s are having to double up to help, this is not a game for them to play in because its a meaningless game that must be played . You are always banging on about protecting the kids well this is my way of doing that

#87 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

From what I'm told the Ncl will relegate or throw east out of the league win or lose on Saturday . If that's right then shame on the Ncl for letting the players travel on Saturday . Not the players fault and poor decision making from the Ncl if true. These lads have families and work commitments so why not just make the decision now

Do you really think the NCL Committee will throw Easts out of the NCL? IMO there is no chance at all because the plan is to expand the competition and not send one of the best amateur clubs running back to BARLA.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#88 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Definitely will be relegated and rightly so . Thrown out is a possibility as east committee is Barla orientated so it wouldn't bother them if they were , in my opinion that is

#89 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

it will be good to get this weekend out of the way, hopefully it will be settled on the field.

Shame if thats the way Leigh East are looking to go, i thought they and Thatto Heath were the model amateur RL clubs,

think people appreciate Keith's honesty in this thread, its a shame after he spent more than 30 years at the helm that in less than a year the club has done this,

#90 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Definitely will be relegated and rightly so . Thrown out is a possibility as east committee is Barla orientated so it wouldn't bother them if they were , in my opinion that is

Being BARLA orientated should not be a reason to be kicked out of the NCL, If it is then I'm sure a lot more clubs will be following, one of the reasons many clubs have gone along with the NCL to the dark side is simply because of the standard of the competition and how it was run.

#91 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

it will be good to get this weekend out of the way, hopefully it will be settled on the field.

Shame if thats the way Leigh East are looking to go, i thought they and Thatto Heath were the model amateur RL clubs,

think people appreciate Keith's honesty in this thread, its a shame after he spent more than 30 years at the helm that in less than a year the club has done this,

How can you blame the clubs committee if they are having problems tearing players away from their families, what we have to realise is families come first, work second and then your hobby.

#92 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Being BARLA orientated should not be a reason to be kicked out of the NCL, If it is then I'm sure a lot more clubs will be following, one of the reasons many clubs have gone along with the NCL to the dark side is simply because of the standard of the competition and how it was run.

where in the rules does it say theyll be kicked out the league for not fullfilling a fixture? im sure its only a fine, points deduction/ relegation. im sure a harsh decision of expulsion from the ncl isnt incuded for such an offence. anyone know for sure?

#93 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

How can you blame the clubs committee if they are having problems tearing players away from their families, what we have to realise is families come first, work second and then your hobby.

remember the fixture concerned is middle of october, isnt that the current and past winter schedule. cant remember leigh east not fulfilling any fixture in deepest summer. unless the summer now consists of all months from feb to nov. if only!

#94 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

where in the rules does it say theyll be kicked out the league for not fullfilling a fixture? im sure its only a fine, points deduction/ relegation. im sure a harsh decision of expulsion from the ncl isnt incuded for such an offence. anyone know for sure?

I said they will not be kicked out for a simple nonfulfilment simply because they are looking to expand the NCL.

#95 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

remember the fixture concerned is middle of october, isnt that the current and past winter schedule. cant remember leigh east not fulfilling any fixture in deepest summer. unless the summer now consists of all months from feb to nov. if only!

Things do eventually come to a head.

#96 RyanSparks

RyanSparks
  • Facebook
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

As a so called respected journalist for a so called respected rugby league journal, i find your comments rather insulting.
Without knowing the exact facts you should stay well out of it and report on the incident when the fact come out.
This is not the first time youve written dribble about clubs and players so keep your comments to your self PLEASE untli you know the facts.

Your nearly as bad as Phil(The winter)Hodgson

FYI, I am not 'Sparks'!

#97 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

I said they will not be kicked out for a simple nonfulfilment simply because they are looking to expand the NCL.

Marauder. You know nothing about the NCL except for what you read. I wouldn't say they will be kicked out (unless they don't turn up at Skirlaugh on Saturday and then they will!), but you can't honestly be stupid enough to think that the NCL wouldn't kick anyone out just because "they are looking to expand the NCL". I'm now beginning to think that you're not from Moorends, but a closet Leigh East member...

Don't you have your own Forum to pontificate on?

#98 RyanSparks

RyanSparks
  • Facebook
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Sparks is not Ryan Sparks.

Ryan has an account on here under the name of RyanSparks that he has occasionally used to post on here. If you use the search bar at the top and enter Sparks and then change it from Topics to Members it brings up 3 results Sparks, RyanSparks and sparks1.

A case of 2+2=5 there Longman

Cheers, Andy!

#99 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Marauder stop being so myopic, i suppose that the wives and girlfriends of the Leigh players decided to let their partners play all through July and August so they can have a day out on the 13th of October

Summer Rugby is happening just accept it, Moorends play winter which is fine so just be happy with that

#100 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Marauder. You know nothing about the NCL except for what you read. I wouldn't say they will be kicked out (unless they don't turn up at Skirlaugh on Saturday and then they will!), but you can't honestly be stupid enough to think that the NCL wouldn't kick anyone out just because "they are looking to expand the NCL". I'm now beginning to think that you're not from Moorends, but a closet Leigh East member...

Don't you have your own Forum to pontificate on?

I actually like Easts they made us very welcome a couple of years ago - Do you honestly think that at this moment in time the NCL Committee will be kicking anyone out of the NCL never mind one of its better clubs.

Why not find out what has gone so wrong at many clubs since the switch to summer or do you wait for a little bit of tweaking here and a little bit there until proud and honest clubs make the decision themselves.

We've seen what happens when well respected clubs decided to switch to summer in the NWC, the drip soon becomes a waterfall, I for wouldn't like to see this happen because it could undo decades of hard work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users