RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Skirlaugh v Leigh East

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#101 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Marauder stop being so myopic, i suppose that the wives and girlfriends of the Leigh players decided to let their partners play all through July and August so they can have a day out on the 13th of October

Summer Rugby is happening just accept it, Moorends play winter which is fine so just be happy with that

I await to see what the explanation is for the all the disruption many clubs have had this season and from what I've been getting told if (I don't now how) these are not addressed some clubs will have to be looking back towards winter.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#102 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

I await to see

That will be a first for you.
I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#103 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

That will be a first for you.

Very good sniper ;)

#104 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Tell you what I bet skirlaugh v east on Saturday draws a big crowd , so a little bit of compo for skirlaugh in what as been a traumatic week . This topic as had over 6000 views , skirlaugh and east are the talk of amateur rugby albeit for the wrong reasons in easts case . It's strange that east have had more interest in people joining the club than at any other part of the season , I suppose the saying "any publicity is good publicity" is working for both clubs . Our present chairman Phil Johnson seems to be an expert in getting publicity good and bad for the east club

#105 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Keith this time last week it was a meaningful fixture with both clubs fighting to stay in the top flight ,both clubs with a great pedigree any both clubs struggling this year.
Yet no mention of the game either on your website or forum in the build upto the match which i found strange and commented on the East forum sat dinner when I actually tipped the East to win.

East are like probably like every other club in the NCL had have add to blood youngsters this first summer season, but lets be honest there are enough open age players at your club to put out a strong side against Skirlaugh the fact that you didnt speaks volumes ,and as a club they as do every other club have a duty of care to protect the younger players I make no apologies for holding that view.

#106 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Tell that to the Ncl who make teams play 7 times in 21 days or 3 games in 7 days . Mick our 3rd team as cancelled twice in two weeks due to shortage of players . For some reason we have a shortfall of players due to playing 3 games in 7 days injuries , work or family commitments yet the Ncl do not take it into consideration . They live in there own little world . Not an excuse mick and we deserve all we get . I remember a few years back when they made east u18s play two finals in two days . Time for change

#107 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Rugby league is losing its soul Keith ,and the biggest problem for me is when rugby clubs stop being rugby clubs and become businesses.

#108 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

Tell you what I bet skirlaugh v east on Saturday draws a big crowd , so a little bit of compo for skirlaugh in what as been a traumatic week . This topic as had over 6000 views , skirlaugh and east are the talk of amateur rugby albeit for the wrong reasons in easts case . It's strange that east have had more interest in people joining the club than at any other part of the season , I suppose the saying "any publicity is good publicity" is working for both clubs . Our present chairman Phil Johnson seems to be an expert in getting publicity good and bad for the east club

I think it's all a little embarrassing now Mr Chairman. Please don't rubbish all the work that some people have put in over many years at East by making silly statements. Many people have worked very hard, only to have reputations demolished very quickly.

Only the people at East know what's happening at the moment - but no doubt all will come out in the end. What a shame that Easts are falling from grace in such an unsavoury manner. Please help them to keep their dignity and reputation.

#109 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Do they

#110 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Marauder stop being so myopic, i suppose that the wives and girlfriends of the Leigh players decided to let their partners play all through July and August so they can have a day out on the 13th of October

Summer Rugby is happening just accept it, Moorends play winter which is fine so just be happy with that

Summer Rugby is happening just accept it,!! you on the NCL committe as well then,? i thought we was a democratic league, if the members feel summer isnt the way forward for all the reason that was stated previous to the Vote and actally happend this summer then they will put measures together to move back, SO you just be happy with that,

#111 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Yes and i agree, Marauder has nothing to do with the NCL so why keep bleating about it, if member clubs choose to go back then so be it,

i will admit its not been a complete success, i think it came too soon, there wasnt proper thought given to second team rugby (in hull anyway)

i firmly beleive it should all be summer or all winter

#112 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Yes and i agree, Marauder has nothing to do with the NCL so why keep bleating about it, if member clubs choose to go back then so be it,

i will admit its not been a complete success, i think it came too soon, there wasnt proper thought given to second team rugby (in hull anyway)

i firmly beleive it should all be summer or all winter

How long has this been a closed shop and what if there are people who don't want their head filling with ######, It's obvious that the summer switch so far has been the next best thing to being the RFL Arnhem, The format is OK, the pyramid is OK so why are the clubs struggling for players?

As the saying goes who can't have a game without a ref, well lets see if we can without players.

#113 mynameisfred

mynameisfred
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Find it very strange that no "official statement" has been released yet.

My thoughts on this are, is the NCL hoping for a Skirlaugh win thus sending Leigh down automatically. This way they don’t have to punish Leigh severely but can fine them and maybe points deducted for next season.

However, if Leigh do win then they are tricky postion, do they deduct them points, if it was 2 points Leigh would stay up but if it was 4 then they would be relegated.

A lot depends on what “excuse” Leigh have given. Now am not saying Leigh have cancelled there bus on purpose, we all have our own thoughts but it wouldn’t be hard to get the bus company to doctor up a letter saying it had been cancelled in error.

If this was to happen then the issues would be
( A ) Why didn’t they not inform Skirlaugh before 1.55
( B ) Not arrange for the players to drive down
( C ) Re-arrange for the Sunday

Now in my eyes the above issues only warrant a fine to Leigh. So it all boils down to what excuse have the NCL been given and what do they want to believe.

What ever comes of this they needs to be stricter guidelines on what needs to happen should this occur again. One thing what this has done has put a lot more publicity on 2moros game and I also know Leigh’s committee will be in for a rough time when or if they travel down 2moro.

Edited by mynameisfred, 19 October 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#114 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Find it very strange that no "official statement" has been released yet.

My thoughts on this are, is the NCL hoping for a Skirlaugh win thus sending Leigh down automatically. This way they don’t have to punish Leigh severely but can fine them and maybe points deducted for next season.

However, if Leigh do win then they are tricky postion, do they deduct them points, if it was 2 points Leigh would stay up but if it was 4 then they would be relegated.

A lot depends on what “excuse” Leigh have given. Now am not saying Leigh have cancelled there bus on purpose, we all have our own thoughts but it wouldn’t be hard to get the bus company to doctor up a letter saying it had been cancelled in error.

If this was to happen then the issues would be
( A ) Why didn’t they not inform Skirlaugh before 1.55
( B ) Not arrange for the players to drive down
( C ) Re-arrange for the Sunday

Now in my eyes the above issues only warrant a fine to Leigh. So it all boils down to what excuse have the NCL been given and what do they want to believe.

What ever comes of this they needs to be stricter guidelines on what needs to happen should this occur again. One thing what this has done has put a lot more publicity on 2moros game and I also know Leigh’s committee will be in for a rough time when or if they travel down 2moro.

The only 'if' in the situation is - if Leigh East can convince the NCL they had a satisfactory reason for not fulfilling the fixture. If they can't the punishments are set in stone. Automatic Relegation and a fine of up to £500. Mr.Chairman's tone in other posts on the thread suggests to me it is unlikely that they did have a satisfactory reason for not travelling.

Only, if there is anything more sinister - like a pre-conceived plot to mislead the League about what was happening/had happened - could there be more severe action taken.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#115 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

think enough's been covered in this thread now, emotions have ran high and its with the powers that be to sort out

main thing is that we play tomorrow and get the season out of the way, Leigh East will be made to feel welcome at Eastide as everyone else is,

#116 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

think enough's been covered in this thread now, emotions have ran high and its with the powers that be to sort out

main thing is that we play tomorrow and get the season out of the way, Leigh East will be made to feel welcome at Eastide as everyone else is,

Well said Duke , I couldn't agree more .

It's not like the league has been put on hold as there are still league games being played so hopefully both sets of lads will sort the outcome out on the pitch , just as it should be .

And talk of expulsion from the league and point deductions for the Leigh East side are bolloxed because a precedent was set last year in a similar end of season scenario between Wath Brow and BDH (?)

#117 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

Random question I know but do you think a switch back to winter will be considered? By the way I'm a big fan of summer and always played my rugby in summer.

#118 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Its not been without its problems thats for sure, and some clubs will be looking to evaluate the financial costs now the season is ending

i dont beleive that supporter numbers have risen in the way we all hoped, and difficulties with player availability has hit everyone, it was brought in a little too fast for me, that said its here and i think we all need to give it another year

#119 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

The topic has moved onto to the Summer debate therefore I think we can say the debate is over.
I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users