• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,369 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

North Derbyshire Chargers U15s 54 West Leeds U15s 0

North Derbyshire Chargers Rugby League U15s took the Yorkshire Division 4 title with another emphatic performamnce that underlined their domination

of the division this year.

West Leeds had been their only challengers but they were swept aside with a devastating 10 try performance by the Derbyshire side, who also

allowed them very few scoring chances. First half tries by Callum Hallows (2), Harry Chapman, Macauley Watkinson and Luke Walters, 3 of them

converted by Chapman, meant that the game was wrapped up by half time at 26-0. West Leeds also contributed to their own downfall when they had a player

sent off for punching.

The second half was more of the same. West Leeds did get more possession than in the first half but the Chargers defence was always on top and they

remained scoreless. In the meantime Hallows completed his hat trick, Watkinson added a second and there were further scores from Jake Beech, Aaron Wycherley

and Harry Stephenson. Chapman (3) and Warren Brown scored conversions for a final score of 54-0.

This was a red letter day for the Chargers as this was the first silverware to be brought back to the club at junior level.

Chairman Ged Connolly-Thompson praised the side - "This team is a real credit to the club. They play some great rugby, and play it hard but fair. I would also like to
thank their head coach Lee Walters and the coaching staff, team managers and parents who have put in countless hours to make this team a success."
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#2 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Rugby league being rugby league, this isn't such a stupid question, does this mean promotion for Chargers?

Who would they be playing next year?

#3 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,369 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

That's a good question. Next year will be the first year of the Yorkshire Juniors running in the summer. From the 40 or so clubs this season, around 10 (I think) have switched to winter with the Yorkshire Combination. I suspect there'll be 3 divisions, and I'd like us to be in the 2nd. If there are 4, we should at least be in the 3rd.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

That's a good question. Next year will be the first year of the Yorkshire Juniors running in the summer. From the 40 or so clubs this season, around 10 (I think) have switched to winter with the Yorkshire Combination. I suspect there'll be 3 divisions, and I'd like us to be in the 2nd. If there are 4, we should at least be in the 3rd.

Where talking about trying to get the lads we had at that age group back together Tim, will be hard because a few have gone to Toll Bar and Doncaster Knights.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#5 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Doncaster Knights.... have they finally named the juniors the same as the first team??!!

#6 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Doncaster Knights.... have they finally named the juniors the same as the first team??!!

Not sure the name of the juniors or any of the other teams they have, I just know the clubs name, where they play and a few lads who play there.

#7 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Ah ok, I was telling them to brand the whole club the same but nobody listened....

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Ah ok, I was telling them to brand the whole club the same but nobody listened....

They only want the other teams there to feed the bar, apparently most of the 1st team players get changed after the game and go home.

#9 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

They only want the other teams there to feed the bar, apparently most of the 1st team players get changed after the game and go home.

True dat, "proper professionals" :-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users