Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Thatcher, Mackenzie, Saville

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Let us all ###### crocodile tears when they die and then act all outraged a year or two later.

Or, let us be frank when they are still alive. No-one really is shocked, they are three evil people, which does not mean we have to wish anything ill on them. But, let us not act shocked that they are not really lovely.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#2 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,699 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Let us all ###### crocodile tears when they die and then act all outraged a year or two later.

Or, let us be frank when they are still alive. No-one really is shocked, they are three evil people, which does not mean we have to wish anything ill on them. But, let us not act shocked that they are not really lovely.

Hope she hangs on till the summer.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#3 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I don't think giving someone (wrongly) the benefit of the doubt, as in Savilles case, is the same thing as *knowing* someone is bad whilst they are alive.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,687 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

You are mischief making, I think. You have, to my mind, included people you should have omitted and omitted people you should have included.

In Thatcher's case it is of course a matter of opinion, as it is with McKenzie, Blair, Brown and more. There are much more deserving candidates such as Mugabe, the South Yorkshire Police, expenses-cheating MPs of all parties, Gary Glitter, etc etc.

#5 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

You are mischief making, I think. You have, to my mind, included people you should have omitted and omitted people you should have included.

In Thatcher's case it is of course a matter of opinion, as it is with McKenzie, Blair, Brown and more. There are much more deserving candidates such as Mugabe, the South Yorkshire Police, expenses-cheating MPs of all parties, Gary Glitter, etc etc.

Obviously judgements about Thatcher are going to be subjective. And I agree about Mugabe - I think you're being subjective about Blair and Brown.
Savile it seems was an evil monster and I always thought there was something odd about him.
But McKenzie IMO did more damage to the image of the British media than anyone in its history. He printed lies knowing they were lies (and I'm not referring to Hillsborough) and he passed the low standards on to others such as Piers Morgan who printed the lies about our soldiers. I don't wish McKenzie dead - just out of the public eye. I thhink he's probably finsihed anyway. I certainly hope so.
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#6 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,687 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

I think you're being subjective about Blair and Brown.

To make a point, that's all.

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,699 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Glad Maggie Thatcher got through her operation OK. Letting fireworks off in this weather is a ####.

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,670 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Glad Maggie Thatcher got through her operation OK. Letting fireworks off in this weather is a ####.

:D :D
Subtlety not your strong point is it?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,950 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

:lol:

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#10 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,699 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

:D :D
Subtlety not your strong point is it?

Only person I truely hate in this world.

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,687 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hatred is such a self-destructive emotion and you'd be wasting it on the wrong person. Don't let it eat you up inside. You'd be sad loss to your family, friends and game. ...

#12 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,699 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Only person I truely hate in this world.

I'm preparing to use the words 'rejoice at this news', not sure when and for what event though. ;)
Fides invicta triumphat

#13 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

hope the ##### thatcher dies soon.
the champers is on ice ready for the party.
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#14 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

jesus what a sad bunch some of you are,hoping and wishing for someone to die,no wonder you use alias's, so your friends and family cant see how sad you have become

Thank god i have a life and only come on here every Preston Guild,instead of living on here typing hundreds and in some cases thousands of pages of useless tripe.
Anyway bye for now,i'll be back when i'm bored to have a laugh at you saddo's

#15 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

hope the ##### thatcher dies soon.
the champers is on ice ready for the party.

Let me tell you, as an unemployed youth in the 80's I have no affection for Thatcher.

But there's no need for this. Don't allow your humanity to disappear - its what makes you a better person. :)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#16 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

McKenzie is a vile piece of filth that deserves to suffer endlessly, Thatcher sucked up to #### like McKenzie and was complicit in his lies - creating fresh mistruths to smear political opponents. The world will be a better place without them - but I really hope she lingers on to see the findings of the re-opened inquests while Kelvin findsedia bosses 'losing' his number and blocking his calls.
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#17 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,699 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Edited by Severus, 23 December 2012 - 05:38 AM.

Fides invicta triumphat

#18 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

There are much more deserving candidates such as Mugabe, the South Yorkshire Police, expenses-cheating MPs of all parties, Gary Glitter, etc etc.

Mugabe is not our problem.

Thatcher did more harm to British industry and British workers than all your other nominees put together.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#19 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

In the past I have joined "lets party when she dies",but I dont really mean it ,but I do not want her to be put on a pedastal and be called great ,and given a state funeral either
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#20 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,426 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

From the TRL T&Cs.

All contributions must be civil and tasteful.

No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour. Contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.

And besides, it's Christmas, folks.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users