Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley Bulldogs 28 Dewsbury Rams 18 - discuss the match here

DEWSBURY VS BATLEY BOXING DAY

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Now that our squad is at 22,apart from maybe another 3 or 4 more signings,who would be your starting line up for Boxing Day ? My would be this:1-Craven,2-Morton,3-Beckett,4-Cosgrove,5-Akaidere,6-Coleman,7-Spaven,8-Lillycrop,9-Wright,10-Hepworth,11-Spicer,12-Tonks,13-Gallagher,subs would be:14-Hale,15-Brown,16-Aizue,17-Tebb.I have left out Austin and Ben Jones because of injuries,they would be in my starting line up when fit.They will be more subs for this game,but this would be my 17.

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Well it will be a 25 won't it, so it hardly seems worthwhile naming a 17, or even a 13.

Whilst these games fulfil a basic needs to watch some blokes running around with a ball and thumping each other it is a long time since coaches treated them as anything meaningful.

Ahh, proper Christmas derbies of old - fair brings a tear to my eyes.

B)
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

What time is kick off on Boxing Day?
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#4 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Its normally a 12 kick off,but nothing been made official.

#5 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hello everyone, I have been absent for some time as I forgot my password.
My boxing day line up would be this: 1-Craven, 2-Morton, 3-Beckett, 4-Cosgrove, 5-Akaidere, 6-Coleman,7-Spaven, 8-Lillycrop, 9-Wright, 10-Aizue, 11-Spicer, 12-Gallagher, 13-Tonks, subs would be:14-Hale, 15-Brown, 16-Scott, 17-Tebb
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#6 ramstieidie

ramstieidie
  • Coach
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

BOXING DAY PREDICTION SCORES

#7 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

I predict George F will score at least one try.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#8 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Result not important,but the way the team are settling and getting used to each other and Glenn's ideas of coaching.If we come away with this and no injurys,i will be happy.The score will be Bulldogs 30 - Rams 16.Lets all get to the game and behind the posts to support the lads,remember its a shared gate for the Boxing Day game.

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

After too many mince pies for our lads last encounter and lulling the Sheep into thinking they had a decent team for the upcoming season, I will stick my neck out and suggest the dogs will win at a trample (that’s easier than a canter) and squish the Rams 42 -10 (the rams scoring all their points on 78 and 79 minutes as the dogs had given up caring and are too busy thinking about a mince pie and a tot of rum.

:P

Edited by Piggy's mate, 04 December 2012 - 07:02 PM.

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#10 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'm going to stick my neck out and say it will be bad day out for the dogs and a good one for the Rams. Dogs 10- Rams 24

I also predict a poor season for the Dogs as well (first time I've done that!)

#11 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

I'm going to stick my neck out and say it will be bad day out for the dogs and a good one for the Rams. Dogs 10- Rams 24

I also predict a poor season for the Dogs as well (first time I've done that!)

Your talking garbage Mr A, but that does qualify you as a Rams fan I suppose

#12 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

After too many mince pies for our lads last encounter and lulling the Sheep into thinking they had a decent team for the upcoming season, I will stick my neck out and suggest the dogs will win at a trample (that’s easier than a canter) and squish the Rams 42 -10 (the rams scoring all their points on 78 and 79 minutes as the dogs had given up caring and are too busy thinking about a mince pie and a tot of rum.

There you go again PM - just when you're starting to get better you stop taking the medication. :lol: This season is well and truly up in the air, and while, unlike Ackro, I don't think you'll have a bad season, I doubt you'll do as well as some of the optimists on the dogs forum expect. Boxing day result ? don't really care, it doesn't count for doodle squat as far as the season goes. The dogs should be favourites because they have just added to a decent team that have largely played together, while we are effectively a brand new and untried outfit. For that reason I'll go for dogs 42 rams 32 in a largely entertaining game. MOM - got to be georgie boy, with Brown the best of the rams.

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

(Double post - clockwork internet! )

Edited by Blind side johnny, 05 December 2012 - 01:21 PM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

I haven't got my Yahtzee set handy but will get back to you!

It's only a friendly with no relevance to the season to come, but I would like to see PM with mince pie on his face as well as the usual drool down his shirt.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#15 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Its time you went to rehab this habit of yours is starting to affect your brain cell :lol: :lol: :lol:

#16 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Your talking garbage Mr A, but that does qualify you as a Rams fan I suppose

Mr A? I'm offended. I've been a woman for 2 years now.

However I think you should have kept your powder dry before defending the Dogs so readily.

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Mrs A, firstly could I suggest more rouge to hide the stubble and second check back in on the 27th to see who is still the best team in the HW area this Century...... by a country mile

#18 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Like I said on the expectations thread, not much to expect, but probably a close game? I can't see more than 12 points if I'm honest.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#19 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Simon is a big girls blouse and under the thumb, but according to his family he is still classed as as a male of the species. Maybe he has his head under the sand and like the rest of the supporters refuses to face the real Rams future.

What you don't seem to be able to reason is the difference between banter and potentially offensive comments. Without that ability you just make yourself look foolish when it's got nothing to do with you. Have another can of beer it might help.

#20 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

Here we go.The little pups trying to make out last year was a great one despite winning nothing again.How many seasons have we heard this and HOW MANY CUPS HAVE THEY WON IN 80 YEARS??If there support numbers matched the amount of ###### the idiots come out with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users