Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley Bulldogs 28 Dewsbury Rams 18 - discuss the match here

DEWSBURY VS BATLEY BOXING DAY

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#21 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Doc M - Can you provide the detail on the real Ram's future so that in years to come we can compare
it to the actual achievements of the dogs?

#22 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Mrs A, firstly could I suggest more rouge to hide the stubble and second check back in on the 27th to see who is still the best team in the HW area this Century...... by a country mile

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#23 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

I'm pretty sure we won a grand final and also completed an entire season undefeated in this century so not sure how you came to that conclusion?
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#24 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm pretty sure we won a grand final and also completed an entire season undefeated in this century so not sure how you came to that conclusion?

Take away the Batley 300 club and your left with glory hunters.Trouble is theyve not seen any glory.
£160 to watch a one season wonders.
plus were not the ones that cant afford to play under floodlights.There skint and they know they are.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 06 December 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#25 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Mrs A, firstly could I suggest more rouge to hide the stubble and second check back in on the 27th to see who is still the best team in the HW area this Century...... by a country mile

Now see what you've done - you've set the "my dad's bigger than your dad" debate off again. :o

#26 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Now see what you've done - you've set the "my dad's bigger than your dad" debate off again. :o

Agreed trouble is they still have and aiways will have the inferior or underdog complex. :D :D :D

#27 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Take away the Batley 300 club and your left with glory hunters.Trouble is theyve not seen any glory.
£160 to watch a one season wonders.
plus were not the ones that cant afford to play under floodlights.There skint and they know they are.

Difference is watching a top team or the Rams who are relegation candidates, with an unproven coach and a team of kids! Perhaps you can emulate the magnificent season of being unbeaten in 2014 when you are back in Champ 1.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#28 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

So, back on track, a team of youngsters with a few good old heads leading them and a new coach to impress versus an established side , albeit without one of the first choice half backs.

I'll say the more settled side (the Bulldogs) by 10 points; but after last seasons' fixture nowt would suprise me.

#29 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

BOXING DAY PREDICTION SCORES

I predict that whatever the score it will have no bearing what so ever on what happens when the season starts for real.....

#30 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Your talking garbage Mr A, but that does qualify you as a Rams fan I suppose

Your grammar is appalling!

Your - Belonging to you. You're - Abbreviation of you are.

Rams - Plural. Rams' - Possessive plural.

By the way, I reckon the 'Dogs (note the apostrophe) will do well this year. Third or fourth I would have thought.

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#31 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

And just to reassure the constantly intelligent, witty and knowledgeable Equalizer that we are far from skint. Probably in a better financial position than we have for a long time. The 2pm kick offs have been arranged for an altogether different reason.

Agree with Nick D though...the result is irrelevant in respect of what may lay ahead during the course of the season.

Still, be good to have some Rugby.

For what it's worth I think we'll finish 4/5th, with the Rams pushing for top 6. Impossible to say though really, far too much to take into account, including injuries.

#32 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Your grammar is appalling!

Your - Belonging to you. You're - Abbreviation of you are.

Rams - Plural. Rams' - Possessive plural.

By the way, I reckon the 'Dogs (note the apostrophe) will do well this year. Third or fourth I would have thought.

Spelly.

What a deadly repost sir, I shall write out 100 hundred times "I mustnt upset teacher"

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#33 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

What a deadly repost sir, I shall write out 100 hundred times "I mustnt upset teacher"

I don't think teacher would be happy

#34 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Don't mean to be picky PM, but you've missed out the apostrophe in mustn't. If you write it out one hundred times, that makes you one hundred apostrophes down. How are you going to live with that ? :o

#35 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Ha Ha you spotted my deliberate mistake........ or did you :ph34r:

#36 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I hope the Rams stuff Batley on Boxing Day!

#37 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Don't mean to be picky PM, but you've missed out the apostrophe in mustn't. If you write it out one hundred times, that makes you one hundred apostrophes down. How are you going to live with that ? :o

It's living with it 10,000 times. He won't have any wrist action left.

#38 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

It's living with it 10,000 times. He won't have any wrist action left.

Thats a bit harsh thats more apostrophes contained in the bible :D :D :D

#39 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Difference is watching a top team or the Rams who are relegation candidates, with an unproven coach and a team of kids! Perhaps you can emulate the magnificent season of being unbeaten in 2014 when you are back in Champ 1.

we aren't really relegation candidates PM, 2011 was just a really bad year, with a really bad side.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#40 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

we aren't really relegation candidates PM, 2011 was just a really bad year, with a really bad side.

Don't want to rain on the parade kelsey - but a fair number of that bad side are signed up for next year. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users