Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley Bulldogs 28 Dewsbury Rams 18 - discuss the match here

DEWSBURY VS BATLEY BOXING DAY

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#41 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Theres nowt wrong with the players weve resigned and one thing for sure the young uns are so eager to impress Boxing Day will not be a lame affair.

#42 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Take away the Batley 300 club and your left with glory hunters.Trouble is theyve not seen any glory.
£160 to watch a one season wonders.
plus were not the ones that cant afford to play under floodlights.There skint and they know they are.

I would prefer an earlier start time to be honest. I seem to spend most of the day waiting for 3pm. I'd vote for 2pm anytime and if the doggies are saving a few bob, good for them. I doubt we have money to throw at the elecy company either. An earlier start might also improve bar takings after the game.

#43 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,471 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Don't want to rain on the parade kelsey - but a fair number of that bad side are signed up for next year. ;)

Are you sure GOR?

2012 came in between remember!
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#44 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

Are you sure GOR?

2012 came in between remember!

That's pedantic even for you BSJ :rolleyes: However - Craven,Spicer,Buchanan,Cosgrove,Tonks and Tebbs were all signed on in 2011 weren't they ? ;)

#45 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

just looking forward to a decent game,doubt it will set the pace for the season but a couple a pints and a bit a fresh air will do me fine. i think dewsbury will have a good season with the fresh coaching staff and new players fitting in with the older lads.am sure the new coach will allow the players get stuck in and enjoy what there doing unlike wj did. heres to a good game and flanny getting on score sheet. a batley win will set me up for my week in the sun few hours after game B) merry christmas dews fans.

#46 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,471 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

just looking forward to a decent game,doubt it will set the pace for the season but a couple a pints and a bit a fresh air will do me fine. i think dewsbury will have a good season with the fresh coaching staff and new players fitting in with the older lads.am sure the new coach will allow the players get stuck in and enjoy what there doing unlike wj did. heres to a good game and flanny getting on score sheet. a batley win will set me up for my week in the sun few hours after game B) merry christmas dews fans.

Fair comment SB. A decent game and getting out of the house will do me too. I hope the weather warms up a bit mind - hate this one to be postponed.

:unsure:
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#47 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

With only two weeks to the Boxing Day game,thought i might bring up my team for the game,
1=Craven
2=Morton
3=Beckett
4=Spicer
5=Akaidere
6=Coleman
7=Spaven
8=Esposito
9=Wright
10=Spiers
11=Hepworth
12=Tonks
13=Gallagher
14Hale
15=Tebb
16=Brown
17=Aizue
18=Lillcrop
19=Cosgrove
20=Scott

Edited by andyram, 13 December 2012 - 09:05 AM.

#48 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

both coaches have agreed 20 players to be used for the game over xmas.

#49 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

CRAVEN
AKAIDERE
SCOTT
BECKET
MORTON
COLEMAN
SPAVIN
HEPWORTH
WRIGHT
SPIERS
HALE
SPICER
BROWN

TEBB
TONKS
COSGROVE
LILLYCROP
AIZUE
GALLAGHER
ESPOSITO

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 13 December 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#50 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

CRAVEN
AKAIDERE
SCOTT
BECKET
MORTON
COLEMAN
SPAVIN
HEPWORTH
WRIGHT
SPIERS
HALE
SPICER
BROWN

TEBB
TONKS
COSGROVE
LILLYCROP
AIZUE
GALLAGHER
ESPOSITO

I'd say that would be about right DTID - looking down the list though, it highlights our lack of depth in the backs - I assume GM will address that when he negotiates the DR's with the bulls. Is Johnson ineligible for the friendlies ?

#51 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Yes he is and austin and ben jones are out injured so only jon schofield misses out on my 20 man team, from the 24 available.

Wel no doubt be getting adam obrien, englands academy hooker from bulls and glens after another full seasonlong loan from a SL club plus afew more dualregs from the bulls, another centre would be nice.

Out of all the players whos left, ayden faal is the biggest shame as i think hed be a real handful in a glen morrison coached expansive dewsbury side...

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 13 December 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#52 CommunityRams

CommunityRams
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Following the eagerly awaited Heavy Woollen derby game against Batley Bulldogs at the Loverugbyleague.com Stadium on Boxing day.

We will be opening the Royal Suite here at Tetley's Stadium were all supporters, family and friends are invited and more than welcome to come along and enjoy a Christmas tipple with all the Dewsbury Rams players, coaches and staff. The Royal Suite will be open from 2pm on the day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dewsbury Rams
Community Rugby League Coaching

Dewsbury Rams RLFC. Tetley's Stadium, Owl Lane, Dewsbury, WF12 7RH
Registered in England No. 2245573.
Tel: 01924 465489, Fax: 01924 437201, Web: www.dewsburyrams.co.uk
Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#53 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Click here to check out the latest e-release from Dewsbury Rams.

Like the news on Facebook

Retweet it on Twitter

#54 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

I think the result will go Batley's way because of their more-or-less settled side.

Batley 25 - 16 Dewsbury

Att\; 2264
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#55 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I think the result will go Batley's way because of their more-or-less settled side.

Batley 25 - 16 Dewsbury

Att\; 2264

If the weather is ok I would hope for a larger number than that CF. Surely with all the new found enthusiasm at the Rams you will be well supported?

#56 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 875 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'll go for a batley win, we have a lot of new players needing time to gel.
Batley 30- Dewsbury 18 att 2386

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#57 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Don't want to rain on the parade kelsey - but a fair number of that bad side are signed up for next year. ;)

The good players from that side ;)
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#58 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

If the weather is ok I would hope for a larger number than that CF. Surely with all the new found enthusiasm at the Rams you will be well supported?

I hope so too.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#59 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Can't make it today as its a delayed Christmas Day with family, so any chance someone can post team news and score updates please?
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#60 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Can't make it today as its a delayed Christmas Day with family, so any chance someone can post team news and score updates please?

Ditto - close family member admitted to hospital, so I will be at pinderfields most of the day - it looks like being a lovely day too. :huh: Come on the rams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users