• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#141 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

The referee had his own rule changes.
Not once did I see a Batley player play the ball correctly yet, the ref deemed this ok - absolutely rubbish!

He spoilt what could have been a good game.

Thanks, Eduardo. You've just rounded off a perfect Christmas for me. Glad to see Santa brought you some new red, amber & black specs.
Referees permitting I think the Rams will do OK in 2013.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#142 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Theres nowt wrong with the players weve resigned and one thing for sure the young uns are so eager to impress Boxing Day will not be a lame affair.

what was your impression of Morton EQUALIZER ?
a quickie or time will tell ?

#143 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Remember though GOR that TG is really a loose forward, though signed on to us as a utility forward, but is brilliant at stand off, although most loose forwards can play at stand off

He was always a stand off when he started out. I think you've actually got a good quality ball handling forward in him. He's always carried a bit of weight, it has never effected his ability. Look at Lawford, one of the best ball handlers you will ever see, just liked to have a beer and a pie.

SIGNATURE

#144 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

He was always a stand off when he started out. I think you've actually got a good quality ball handling forward in him. He's always carried a bit of weight, it has never effected his ability. Look at Lawford, one of the best ball handlers you will ever see, just liked to have a beer and a pie.

Sometimes at half time. :lol:

#145 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

my origional post was ment to mean, give the boys a chance. If we have a fatty pie slinging slugger that can back it up then lets have it! will be about time we had some guts in the side.
Bring on the fax!

I'm all for players with guts, but its best not to be able to see them hanging over the waistband of their shorts.

#146 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I wasn't aware you had to have a six pack to be a good player, unfortunately not everyone has a sculptured body, it doesn't mean they can't play the game or indeed be of the highest standard, Crooks, McDermott, Lowes to name but a few, players with an abundance of guts in more ways than one

#147 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I wasn't aware you had to have a six pack to be a good player, unfortunately not everyone has a sculptured body, it doesn't mean they can't play the game or indeed be of the highest standard, Crooks, McDermott, Lowes to name but a few, players with an abundance of guts in more ways than one

Dean lawford, had a gut but was a brilliant ball handler, craig cook reminds me of him kind of.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#148 Philius T Wilderbeest

Philius T Wilderbeest
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Lawford's weight issue never affected his ability? Nah, course not. Only apart from the fact that it meant that he more or less squandered the enormous talent he had in terms of what he achieved/what he could have achieved.
As for Gallagher, I wasn't aware that he started out as a half-back. Again though, to say that his weight has never affected his ability is a laughable. He's one of the most talented forwards around in terms of attacking ability, yet has only ever played half a season in the top flight and has flitted between lower division clubs at an alarming rate. Even at Batley, Rochdale, Swinton and Leigh he was by no means guaranteed a first XVII spot every week. Wonder why?

#149 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

If Tommy Gallagher wasn't carrying a few extra pounds he'd be playing in Super League.
If Gareth Moore was a bit bigger...
If Rob Worrincy could catch...
If Mick Nanyn could defend...
If George Flanagan could keep his discipline...
If Andy Bostock had an extra yard of pace...
If Tony Tonks was a little taller...

People pick out these flaws in players' games and are so quick to condemn them. There isn't a single player in the Championship who is "the total package" - if they were then they wouldn't be playing in the Championship!!

If we can get Tommy offloading and slowing down the play the ball then I'll put up with the gut.

Edited by Flying 5, 03 January 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#150 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

what was your impression of Morton EQUALIZER ?
a quickie or time will tell ?

looks alrite we will only tell how quick he really his when he goes from far out.Said on Boxing Day this side will cause problems to top teams during the season.However feet on ground one good friendly dosnt make a good season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users