Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

HIST Take Ownership of Hunslet Hawks RLFC

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 HunsletHawks

HunsletHawks
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Click here for more info

Posted Image

#2 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

This is all good news-- but could I ask who owns the other 44% of the shares. ?

#3 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

I thought you would have known this Frisky? The other share holders, I'm not going to name them, but there are many individuals other than Grahame and Sean who own shares in the club.

Its remarkable news, what a journey, the club was on the brink of going into administration at the start of the 2012 season. I for one am proud of the hours, days and months of hard work that's been put in by numerous people to secure the future of the club Its an amazing feet for a few supporters to have undertaken this massive task without any experience and come out the other side with the club in a much better position and with a bright future.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#4 Woodlesford Hawk

Woodlesford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Well done to all concerned. Onwards and upwards

#5 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

I thought you would have known this Frisky? The other share holders, I'm not going to name them, but there are many individuals other than Grahame and Sean who own shares in the club.

Its remarkable news, what a journey, the club was on the brink of going into administration at the start of the 2012 season. I for one am proud of the hours, days and months of hard work that's been put in by numerous people to secure the future of the club Its an amazing feet for a few supporters to have undertaken this massive task without any experience and come out the other side with the club in a much better position and with a bright future.

Well done and good luck. B)

#6 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Funny you should say that Blackpool but I did buy a lot of shares when the New Hunslet club was formed in 1973. I used to get regular share holders statements from the then Financial Director David Adams, but when he left these stopped. Are these the same shares, at the moment they are in my safe more as a souvenir.
well done to all at HIST.

#7 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Not sure Frisky, there are two types of shares A & B, get them out and have a check, see what type of shares they are, feel free to donate them to HIST.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#8 pooliehawk

pooliehawk
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Well,done to everyone at the club, and the hard work they have done to make sure this all went ahead.

As a exile Hawk, I want to say how very proud of the club I am today.....well done

#9 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Great work!

I took a look a the 'media pack' on the Hawks site yesterday. Definitely a blueprint for other clubs at this level to follow.

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Cheers Tom, nice to get some positive feedback from a fellow championship club.

Anyone who hasn't joined HIST i urge you to do so now, every membership money received goes towards the running of the club, we as HIST members now own our club, we cant rely on anyone else, its up to us as fans now, its our club, we own it, so lets all get involved and do our bit.

Here's how to join http://www.hunsletha...hist-membership

#11 keithyboy

keithyboy
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Any news updates yet on season tickets for 2013. Well done hist for a fantastic achievement.

#12 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Season ticket & Matchday prices for 2013 will be announced as soon as the RFL have confirmed the format of the league and have released the fixtures.

#13 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Season ticket & Matchday prices for 2013 will be announced as soon as the RFL have confirmed the format of the league and have released the fixtures.

Surely it was decided long, long ago that we'd be in a Championship of 14 teams, giving 13 home matches ??? Don't say the RFL are still dithering on that one ??? :wacko:

Well done HIST by the way ...

#14 BISSA...

BISSA...
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Massive well done to ALL involved in HIST. A quite remarkable achievement, just goes to show how the ''humble speccies'' can , by hard work and sheer bl**dy mindedness , manage to acheive simply unbelievable things.
From everyone here at the BULLDOGS, and in particularly BISSA and its members, WELL DONE.
Colin Bottomley---BISSA Chair.

Edited by BISSA..., 16 October 2012 - 02:52 PM.

Dates for your Diary

Retro Shirt available now

Sponsored by "RSM Carriers"

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets here

BISSA website http://www.bissa.co.uk/

#15 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Surely it was decided long, long ago that we'd be in a Championship of 14 teams, giving 13 home matches ??? Don't say the RFL are still dithering on that one ??? :wacko:

Well done HIST by the way ...

It may have been decided but not confirmed as of yet, its 99% nailed on what you say is correct, but we might as well wait for conformation.

#16 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Massive well done to ALL involved in HIST. A quite remarkable achievement, just goes to show how the ''humble speccies'' can , by hard work and sheer bl**dy mindedness , manage to acheive simply unbelievable things.
From everyone here at the BULLDOGS, and in particularly BISSA and its members, WELL DONE.
Colin Bottomley---BISSA Chair.

Thanks Colin, very kind words.

#17 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Very impressed with everything thats happening at our club
Posted Image

#18 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

To see the South Leeds Academy and West Yorkshire Police presentations last night about the community work and partnership with the club was excellent. Some really top work been done in the community at present.

#19 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

I heard there were some great presentations last night. Sorry I missed it but will definitely be there for the volunteers night and shirt launch evening.

I understand the players sponsorships are selling fast so fans need to get in quickly.

Again, just to echo earlier comments - well done to the board and others for getting us this far.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users