RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

myton, brow,siddal or miners

whos gonna finish on top

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

http://www.nationalc...y/league_tables

so close this season with anyone of 4 capable of finishing top, who do yo fancy for top and then how the top 6 ends up is anyones guess?

also phil hodgson states in this mornings league express 'its fair to assert that its no longer the competition it once was'. thoughts?

Edited by usain bolt, 18 October 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#2 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

I would not take any notice of what the winterman says he is totally against summer Rugby Yes he might be right that the NCL have had a few problems this season with games not taking place when they should but that is just one of several things that need addressing before next season. But with regards the competiveness within the divisions it has never been better you only have to look at the 1st division with only a few games left to play 5 clubs are still in with a shout of promotion. Premier 4 clubs can finish top. what more can you ask for. Yes some of the clubs that have dominated the league for a couple of seasons have dropped off the top of the ladder but that happened when the NCL played in the winter I am sure that these club will be back stronger than ever in the near future.

#3 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

I would not take any notice of what the winterman says he is totally against summer Rugby Yes he might be right that the NCL have had a few problems this season with games not taking place when they should but that is just one of several things that need addressing before next season. But with regards the competiveness within the divisions it has never been better you only have to look at the 1st division with only a few games left to play 5 clubs are still in with a shout of promotion. Premier 4 clubs can finish top. what more can you ask for. Yes some of the clubs that have dominated the league for a couple of seasons have dropped off the top of the ladder but that happened when the NCL played in the winter I am sure that these club will be back stronger than ever in the near future.

couldnt agree more, what an exciting end of the season for the elite of amateur rugbly league, im sure all the lads in the reserve grade who had their games called off feel its all been worth while now. just like the 1st team players will do when they get dropped every other week when they make room for the pro players when they become feeder teams, cant wait for the proper gander to tell what a good idea it will be,

dont bother replying to this post just stick your head in the sand,

#4 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

http://www.nationalc...y/league_tables

updated table after last nights result. still anyone from myton, wath brow, siddal and leigh miners can top the league.

thoughts?

#5 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Myton will take some beating at Thatto.

#6 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

'hairywombat'

This has the makings of a very tough, close encounter. After watching Thatto at Myton the other week lose a healthy lead, I can only see a Myton win with the tour boys back and being crowned minor prem just 80 mins away, I honestly cant see Thatto stopping them. Im not sure with points at the minute, but can Thatto drop out of the play off if they lose and other results dont go their way????

#7 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

'hairywombat'

This has the makings of a very tough, close encounter. After watching Thatto at Myton the other week lose a healthy lead, I can only see a Myton win with the tour boys back and being crowned minor prem just 80 mins away, I honestly cant see Thatto stopping them. Im not sure with points at the minute, but can Thatto drop out of the play off if they lose and other results dont go their way????

i think after last nights game between pats and miners, the top 6 is sorted. pats needed a win to have a chance of making the 6. anyones guess which order the 6 will be though, loads of permatations depending on results on sat. points differance could be a big factor, miners beating siddal 92-0, 3rd game in at miners, could make a massive differance to placings!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users