TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

I am about to purchase a season ticket for 2013 season, could anyone answer these questions first - Are there only 8 home league games next season and what is the northern rail format going to be ( how many home games ). Also what is the promotion position how many go up,is there going to be playoffs. Anyone clued up?

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

I'm afraid I don't know what the answers are this coming season, but I believe that the Northern Rail Cup is just for Championship One clubs.

I will try and find out tomorrow morning and will post here anything I find out.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

I think promotion is top plus play offs winner as in past years,would be nice to think the season ticket covered all league NR and at least one challange cup match.

It would be good if the new shirts if we were having them would be available before christmas or at least some kind of a gift token so people can pre order as presents.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#4 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'm afraid I don't know what the answers are this coming season, but I believe that the Northern Rail Cup is just for Championship One clubs.

I will try and find out tomorrow morning and will post here anything I find out.

Pugwash.

Ahoy there, me hearty!
I believe CC1 teams start the NRC in two groups of four (Oxford aren't participating this year), playing home and away (six games).
Top team from each group progress to knock-out stage with CC teams.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#5 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

I had heard something along those lines but wanted to check before posting but that would give 11 games at least on the ST.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#6 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

As BH has said the promotion next season is Champions plus playoff winners. There are 11 games that holders can use their season ticket for.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#7 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

How the hell can you run a (semi)professional sport based on 11 home games, three of which are in a mickey mouse competition that nobody wants or cares about? It is not viable or sustainable - the RFL are simply running down the game at this level to get rid of teams by stealth.

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

How the hell can you run a (semi)professional sport based on 11 home games, three of which are in a mickey mouse competition that nobody wants or cares about? It is not viable or sustainable - the RFL are simply running down the game at this level to get rid of teams by stealth.

Yep, pretty much so, all the more reason to get out of this Death Group at the first time of asking.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

OK, but that is notthe solution for the game, maybe OK for an individual club. Its equivalent to the NIMBY attitude, The clubs must have supported (voted for) this many on the basis of well that third level sucks but provided we arent there who cares. They support the devastation ot the games traditions and structures, they support bringing in new clubs who have not earned their right tom play in the semi professional level they support what has happened to the challenge cup.

Can anyone remeber the last time we palyed two consecutive seasons with exactly the same structure to divisions, promotion-relegation, points system and cups?

Compare that to other professional sports who do not constantly chop and change (perhaps exclude cricket from that but then we can all agrre \i think that cricket is run by a similar group of drunken bozos)

#10 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

I had a chat with Nicola at the club and in addition to the above answers to the question of what games a Season Ticket covers there is this;

Along with all our regular season home games, season ticket holders get a special 2013 Rugby League World Cup early bird offer, discount and club cash back for this Autumns International AND have a special ticket offer as part of our partnership with St Helens.

So if you want to go to the World Cup game at Spotland you can get it cheaper! A no-brainer really!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#11 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

Sounds ok to me thanks

#12 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

All part of the service matey.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.