Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Jack Pedley

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

Barrow have today announced the signing of Nathan mossop. Would it be worth asking the question about jack, I know he's a risk with his injuries but we desperately need backup for matty and jack is top quality when fit.

(null)
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#2 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Yea i would have him back. him and Matty would be awesome to exchange during the game.

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

No brainer . No risk really he's just had bad luck , plenty of time to get fit . Get him here in an instant.Some people play well at certain clubs and not others , and he does the biz here . That's about 4 hookers they have so could be tough for him . Worth asking ...

Edited by DavidM, 16 October 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#4 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Yes please...strength in depth is going to be vital this year
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#5 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

As long as it's pay as you play I would. Unless the club decided against it because of his lack of loyalty last year.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Just because someone decides to play somewhere else when they're contract expires doesn't mean they're disloyal . That's sport . And he moved home and knew wed invested a lot in Matty . I couldn't say a word against the guy , who thought of injured Matty when Peds was ripping the league up and being such a great character .

Edited by DavidM, 16 October 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#7 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Would be a good signing with him,matty and also olstrum??

Richard Farrer seems to have hit form scored in the final, and had a hat-rick on the weekend (one was a 40m try where he side-stepped the full back :D)

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,855 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

I couldn't see Peds coming back to Town to be honest and we really need to be looking at props and halfbacks. It's going to be a long old winter with not much craic!!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

2 signing's too be announced very shortly keith.. 1 is a prop and a young un(not sure on position)

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

I think were desperate for a backup hooker as much as anyother position. we can't expect matty to play 80 minutes and if he gets injured we will bein major trouble next year. We seen this season how much we struggle without him.

Edited by wonky, 16 October 2012 - 02:51 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#11 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

we didnt play too badly without him, we missed him at donny, but against oldham after he went off and haven we played great.

He's a game changer for definate, little breaks encourage the squad hugely, and he 100% builds momentum and the speed changes.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

We need lots of strength and cover across the board in all positions , regardless of if we're strong or weak there .This league is going to be intense , fast and physically demanding .Props and halves priority but nowhere neglected . And as much quality as possible . Long old winter followed by long old season . 26 games now and no gimmes to rest players in ... Also Id be looking to follow up on Newton from Hull if possible . He looked a kid with great potential .

Edited by DavidM, 16 October 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#13 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

2 signing's too be announced very shortly keith.. 1 is a prop and a young un(not sure on position)

2 props i heard but not saying the names i heard

#14 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

the second one i know may be a prop ha. just have to wait and see...

#15 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

ano its like waiting for christmas

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Talking of next season , there was a cracker in the star today ... Woodsy is setting up an ' elite performance camp '.
Stop sniggering at the back ...

#17 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

I wonder if he will be participating in this, there will only be him on the course. TORTOISE ON TOUR

#18 houndpup

houndpup
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Talking of next season , there was a cracker in the star today ... Woodsy is setting up an ' elite performance camp '.
Stop sniggering at the back ...

lol were is the camp going to be at burger king or mcdonalds

#19 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

lol were is the camp going to be at burger king or mcdonalds

ha ha love it. KFC has got to be in the mix, family bucket...

#20 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Need to stress that this is just hearsay but I was told that at least one of our better players didn't get on at all with Jack, so IF this is true maybe it won't happen if it upsets the dressing room.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users