Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mark Hobson

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 731 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Mark has signed for our noisy nieghbours, pity, I really liked the lad, gave 100% whenever he was on the field. Good Luck Mark (except against Hornets) and thanks for your past performances.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#2 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

I agree with that good luck Hobbo & Bloomers, gutted Gaz Middlehurst has gone also. All these lads performed admirably for us over the last 4 years & I will be forever thankful of there efforts.
The bigger picture is we never kicked on last season and it looks like several new faces must be appearing at the club? Clearly the men in the know must rate them higher than those departing. From my readings on twitter, Hornets offered terms worse than this years to certain players,
Anybody any news on Wayne English another player who if retires or moves on would be a loss in my opinion.
I notice Will Chadwick announced on twitter over the weekend he was a Hornet for another season, Alex West going back to Mayfield
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#3 hitman hornet

hitman hornet
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Alex West Plays for the cobra's
or as he signed for mayfield ?
100% league 0% union

#4 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Westy mention Field not sure if its official
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#5 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

I thought that Middlehurst was going to London Broncos? Whats changed that I wonder. Both him and Braddish have both signed for North Wales Crusaders, thats probably because most of the Crusaders team are from the same home town, Leigh, and have a few mates there.

So Gaz Middlehurst signs for a Welsh team...........................if memory seves me well he was red carded against the Crusaders and the Scorpions...............if you cant beat 'um, join 'um.

Finally, I guess that Bloomers and Hobbo prefer a better playing surface and facilities :lol: :lol: :lol:
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#6 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Middlehurst is from Widnes, ( he played for Simms Cross before signing for Leigh East) Braddish is from Warrington played for Bank Quay Bulls, the connection is John Fieldhouse who has coached at both Bank Quay + Leigh East now at North Wales.

#7 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

Spoke to Gaz at the end of season dinner last week, of course he never mentioned Crusaders but he was sayin his move to London is still happening but has hit problems, not sure what i guess it was something to do with his Girlfriend, but he attitude was the sooner the better he just wants to get down there.
A loss to Hornets when he wasn't banned, he punched well above his weight and getting players, player of the year says how the club rated him.
Phil Bull.

#8 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

Update Chris Baines on board for next season
Phil Bull.

#9 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Thats good to have Chris Baines signed on, signings looking good so far.
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#10 mattylad78

mattylad78
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

How can signings be looking good? we are loosing players left right and centre that gave 100% to the club including some influential forwards , yet still signing half backs that can't break through a popadom let alone a defensive line , if saints don't take some quality players to the club then it's another year in the same division. Then known as Rochdale Saints.....clubs dead now anyway

#11 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

How can signings be looking good? we are loosing players left right and centre that gave 100% to the club including some influential forwards , yet still signing half backs that can't break through a popadom let alone a defensive line , if saints don't take some quality players to the club then it's another year in the same division. Then known as Rochdale Saints.....clubs dead now anyway

Good gracious, you've really got out of bed and put your feet in the pot haven't you? Let's see who the coach signs before we throw our collective hands up and shout comrade like a battalion of French soldiers!!!

It's halfway through October, far to early to be chucking in the towel!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#12 SPOTLANDHORNET

SPOTLANDHORNET
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Good gracious, you've really got out of bed and put your feet in the pot haven't you? Let's see who the coach signs before we throw our collective hands up and shout comrade like a battalion of French soldiers!!!

It's halfway through October, far to early to be chucking in the towel!!

Pugwash.

Blah blah blah

#13 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Unless I am missing something, this close season is absolutely no different from any other and that goes for the whole of the Rugby League, players move on and others join our club. As yet we have no idea who will be coming to the club, so to concede before the season has come anywhere near is a bit crass to say the least?

#14 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Adam Bowman another North Wales Crusaders signing
Phil Bull.

#15 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Harsh MattyLad78, although i kinda agree about the halfbacks, i have never personally rated Roper and i would have liked to see young Will Chadwick be given more opportunities in the first team. Thankfully hes signed for next year and will push the halfbacks for a starting spot. I think Crooky is a great player, just needs a tricky partner with a bit of pace alongside him.. Just my opinion though
Phil Bull.

#16 mattylad78

mattylad78
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

There's other things that's happened behind the scenes at this club which is the main reason why I will not be attending anymore , however do you really think that getting rid of all the influential players and replacing them with kids at 19 year old (5 or so announced on twitter today) is the way forward? No experience in this league it really its basically just a nicer ground that St. Helens under 20's can play at , maybe I will be proven wrong who knows but at the moment this link up is losing everybit of hornets name

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users