Team For Next Season?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Getting boring on here, so whos your 17 so far to start the 2013 season?

1. Bush
2. Brickwood
3. Buttery
4. Welham
5. Pryce
6. Grimshaw
7. Windley
8. Menzies
9. Haigh
10. Yates
11. Haughey
12. Oakes
13. March

14. Henderson
15. Houston
16. Lowe
17. Helliwell

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#2 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Gaz I think tommy haughey's gonna have to improve massively this season to get near the 1st team
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#3 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Any word on the 4 Leeds lads Gaz ?

#4 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 781 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

clayton was easily the best back rower for the last month or two of the season

#5 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

To compete, we need to convert chances into tries and get the centres passing to the wingers. Secondly we need a couple of players supporting the ball carrier to keep the opposition guessing, and not making it easy for them to defend against us. Hopefully if we score tries and keep in the game, it will improve our eagerness to defend and compete, then we may actually win ( or possible bonus points).

#6 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Gaz I think tommy haughey's gonna have to improve massively this season to get near the 1st team

Agree mate, think with Prycey back, a full pre season behind him, we can get him back to his best, still a class act on his day.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#7 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Yes mate, should be able to make an announcement in the next couple of weeks.

#8 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Too early for this yet ... apart from the fact that we've yet to see Aston, Windley, Ansell in action, we also have to see what comes to us on dual reg. Anyway I suspect that Windley, if he can cut it, is being earmarked for sharing hooking duties with Haigh.

What I will say is that we look to have plenty of competition for places in shirts 1-5, and 11-13. As others have noted, a scrum-half / generic half back, and front rowers, are needed to complete a balanced squad.

#9 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Too early for this yet ... apart from the fact that we've yet to see Aston, Windley, Ansell in action, we also have to see what comes to us on dual reg. Anyway I suspect that Windley, if he can cut it, is being earmarked for sharing hooking duties with Haigh.

What I will say is that we look to have plenty of competition for places in shirts 1-5, and 11-13. As others have noted, a scrum-half / generic half back, and front rowers, are needed to complete a balanced squad.

Agree way too early, but gets people talking!

#10 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

The squad is looking healthy BUT weve still no one who can reliably kick a goal unless its bang in front!
Posted Image

#11 Penola

Penola
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

I like Mapals if he can learn to finish off his moves and breaks

#12 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Bush needs to be pretty good to oust stu kain from full bk
Posted Image

#13 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

Liam Sutcliffe half back/ goalkicker and Jordon Baldwinson loose forward ? both england internationals who played at the Warriors as juinors.

#14 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Liam Sutcliffe half back/ goalkicker and Jordon Baldwinson loose forward ? both england internationals who played at the Warriors as juinors.

Think it would be a bit to early for Championship rugby Billy but deffo 2 to watch out for.......

#15 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Think it would be a bit to early for Championship rugby Billy but deffo 2 to watch out for.......

Blackbeard you may well be right about it been a bit too soon but i think they will be the type of players the Rhinos will be looking to loan out.Also i believe thier both off contract and the end of next season and if the Rhinos did not retain them it would put the Hawks in the box seat to sign them on a permanent deals.Local lads playing for thier local clubs is what we both would like to see.

#16 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Blackbeard you may well be right about it been a bit too soon but i think they will be the type of players the Rhinos will be looking to loan out.Also i believe thier both off contract and the end of next season and if the Rhinos did not retain them it would put the Hawks in the box seat to sign them on a permanent deals.Local lads playing for thier local clubs is what we both would like to see.

I agree Billy,to many a good player are gunna be released by the super league clubs,because of the lower league structure,i feel a few will either pack it in or go back to amateur and like you say Championship clubs..........

#17 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Agree mate, think with Prycey back, a full pre season behind him, we can get him back to his best, still a class act on his day.

What's Prycey got to do with Tommy's form? Just asking like.

#18 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Keep the opposition guessing what we will do next,one player only in that bracket ,is danny rattcliffe,always supporting the ball carrier hopeing for a half break,,,time and time again he did this,,,sadly we let him go,,madness ??????.I posted weeks ago for the club to reply as to whats happening with danny ,but still none the wiser.

#19 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Danny decided to go back to Thornhill. Hes playing but still not fit and he still requires an operation.

#20 HunsletJosh6

HunsletJosh6
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hodgson
Mapals
Wilson
Welham
Pryce
Grimshaw
Yates