Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Chris Tyrer

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Signed

#2 roughyed

roughyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

These guys that are signing who are they 8 out of 10 people will never have heard of them,you need some experienced players to bring on the younger players up to yet there is only Roden you can't build a competitive team with cast offs and inexperience.

#3 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 777 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

You have signed Dale Bloomfield and Mark Hobson both experienced players in the championships and two very good players Bloomfield will score plenty of tries and Hobson put in the hard work
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#4 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

I think you are the cast off 'roughyed'. You obviously crawl from the underworld every now and again and your latest post just proves you've 'lost the plot' in your desperate bid to undermine everything that is done by Oldham RLFC. You're really showing yourself up now.

#5 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

These guys that are signing who are they 8 out of 10 people will never have heard of them,you need some experienced players to bring on the younger players up to yet there is only Roden you can't build a competitive team with cast offs and inexperience.

Played lots of decent games for Swinton. I've heard of him.

#6 lions4eva

lions4eva
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

I wouldn't mind, but when you read the article, it says "experienced" in the first sentence.

#7 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

He played well when he came on against us last season, squads building nicely.

#8 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

if there was a competition for the most ridiculous posting on this forum this would be a strong contender to get my vote . To suggest that there is a lack of experience in the squad when the club have only announced by my reckoning 8 out of a possible 24/25 man squad is bad enough but to post it on the day the club announced the signing of an EXPERIENCED 27 year old just beggars belief.

#9 Raff

Raff
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Had to look twice_`Ruffyed` (above) ,Roughyed (made comment) !!
Have also to say that Naylor is getting together what feels to be a tidy squad.Will be interested in the next lot(s) - hopefully a few from our own current younger ones as well.I don`t see any of the ones that have signed as `cast-offs`,so that`s just daft.On the other hand,he knows what he`s doing: I `m sure that he will bring in some older heads in the mould of (for the people of my age) the great Frank Foster and the forgotten-about Cliff Hill :great memories of following them all over with my Dad-so this point I take.

#10 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Fully agree with Raff about how the squad is taking shape. It seems that all the new signings so far have one thing in common which is that they have all worked with Scott Naylor before and they rate him a top bloke and coach that they were eager to work with again , Too early to be sure yet but it sounds like he may be the best signing so far . We've had decent squads in recent years but maybe the coach failed to get the best out of them . Lets hope Scott can live up to the praise he has been getting and put this right. Looking forward to further announcements shortly..

#11 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

Hows it going yer dirty dog :lol: sorry I ment ,,,,, :rolleyes:

Edited by Robthegardener., 17 October 2012 - 10:32 PM.

Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#12 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Had to look twice_`Ruffyed` (above) ,Roughyed (made comment) !!
Have also to say that Naylor is getting together what feels to be a tidy squad.Will be interested in the next lot(s) - hopefully a few from our own current younger ones as well.I don`t see any of the ones that have signed as `cast-offs`,so that`s just daft.On the other hand,he knows what he`s doing: I `m sure that he will bring in some older heads in the mould of (for the people of my age) the great Frank Foster and the forgotten-about Cliff Hill :great memories of following them all over with my Dad-so this point I take.

If he could get the quality of Frank Foster and Cliff Hill, I'd fly back to Oldham to watch

#13 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

Fully agree with Raff about how the squad is taking shape. It seems that all the new signings so far have one thing in common which is that they have all worked with Scott Naylor before and they rate him a top bloke and coach that they were eager to work with again , Too early to be sure yet but it sounds like he may be the best signing so far . We've had decent squads in recent years but maybe the coach failed to get the best out of them . Lets hope Scott can live up to the praise he has been getting and put this right. Looking forward to further announcements shortly..

Good call about what the new signings have said about the coach.
If they like and/or respect him.........not always the same thing...........that's half the battle.
I know it's all talk at this stage, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, and after last season's debacle it's a pleasure to be thinking about the new season.

#14 roughyed

roughyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Would any player worth is salt come to Oldham and play at a third rate club against third rate opposition in the the lowest level of professional rugby league.Do the maths where will the wages come from hardly anyone will watch that standard of rugby and pay for it.If I could get 50 pence back for every Oldham game that I have watched home and away I would be well off.Despite what you say these players are not experienced and once the money dries up they will be gone.The club has never been in such a worse state than it is now and all this signing talk is just deluding the public,this coming season the truth will out on gates of 250 or less,I hope I am wrong but I can't see it.

if there was a competition for the most ridiculous posting on this forum this would be a strong contender to get my vote . To suggest that there is a lack of experience in the squad when the club have only announced by my reckoning 8 out of a possible 24/25 man squad is bad enough but to post it on the day the club announced the signing of an EXPERIENCED 27 year old just beggars belief.

#15 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

Its a 17 man game today. We only have 8 so lets wait until we have at least a team on the park and the full squad is assembled and then comment.

You need a mixture of youth and experience in todays game in the backs and the forwards.

A lot of players change clubs for a number of reasons, some to better themeselves, to move nearer home, to go into coaching or back to their roots after many years in the game.

Oldham have had many such players in the past who have given the club good service after leaving another club but I would not call them cast offs.

Its as always been the clubs policy to normaly announce signings one by one.

We should just wait until we see the type of squad and players that Naylor signs for next season.

Until that happens there is no point in being negative.

#16 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Only time will tell whether you are right or wrong Roughyed . The point I was making was that it is a bit premature to be criticising the make-up of the squad when only about a third of the squad had been announced . Surely it would make more sense to wait until the full squad is announced before passing comment . The other thing to consider is that confidence and feel good factor is usually reflected in good performances but conversely anyone will generally suffer from a lack of confidence and a general mood of hopelessness if enough people call you are third rate rubbish . We haven't even started the season yet and you are already trying to put the mockers on it . For goodness sake we have all felt the general mood of doom and gloom surrounding the club reflected in attendances and postings on this forum . Is it too much to ask supporters to try to adopt a pint half full mentality for a change to try to lighten the mood around the club and its supporters and you never know together we might be able to contribute to a change in the clubs fortunes .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users